Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml Description
Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drop are a combination of anti inflammatory component dexamethasone and an antibiotic chloramphenicol. It is used to relieve pain, redness, inflammation and swelling caused due to
bacterial infection. These eye drops are not recommended in children below 2 years of age. You may temporarily experience irritation, stinging and burning sensation in the eyes along with blurred vision. Do not use this medicine if the colour of the medicine liquid has become cloudy or turbid. Do not use these drops with your contact lenses on.
|You Save||₹3.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dexamethasone(0.1 %) + Chloramphenicol(0.5 %)|
|Uses||Bacterial infections of the eye|
|Side effects||Burning sensation, irritation in the eye, blurred vision|
|Therapy||OCCULAR OR OTIC ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Contraindications of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to the active ingredients in the eye drops dexamethasone and/or chloramphenicol.
- If you have a family history or are suffering from various blood-related disorders like aplastic anaemia.
- If you are suffering from fungal infections.
- If you are suffering from following eyes-related infective conditions like Pseudomonas and mycobacterial infections, Epithelial Herpes simplex keratitis (dendritic keratitis), vaccinia, varicella-zoster and most other viral infections of the cornea and conjunctiva, Amoebic Keratitis....
- If you are suffering from injury to the cornea.
- If you are suffering from a condition of high blood pressure known as glucocorticosteroid induced hypertension.
Side effects of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Burning and stinging sensation
- Irritation in the eyes
- Blurred vision usually mild and may not last for long
- Eye discharge
- Increased pressure in eyes
- Inform your doctor if you experience allergic reactions like shortness of breath, swelling on the face, tongues, lips, itchy rash along with swelling of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or planning for a baby.
- You are allergic to the active ingredients dexamethasone and/or chloramphenicol.
- You have fungal infections in the eye.
- You have a damaged surface of the eye (small holes, ulcers or injury which have not healed properly).
- You have increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma).
- You are on medicines that act on the immune system.
- You are diabetic.
- You are on topical beta-blockers used to treat increased pressure in the eyes.
- If you have severe allergic conjunctivitis (redness, swelling, itching and tears in the eye).
- You have dry eyes.
- You have a light-sensitive vision.
- Do not use it if the medicine liquid is cloudy or turbid.
- Do not use while wearing contact lenses.
- Do not wear contact lenses until you are on the medication.
Mode of Action of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drop should be used in dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Gently squeeze the bottle and add the number of drops as recommended.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- It is advised that you should maintain your lying position for some time even after using the medicine to avoid the medicine entering your nasal and throat cavity.
Interactions of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or OTC products you are taking.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drop, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of two medicines.
- Inform your doctor if you are on medicines like methotrexate (used for treating cancer), azathioprine (used for treating immune system disorders).
- Caution should be exercised while using medicines like Timolol, betaxolol, levobunolol (topical beta-blockers used to treat high pressure in eyes) along with Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drop as there may be a risk of the calcium phosphate settling on the surface of the eye....
- Concomitant use of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drop along with ritonavir or cobicistat, may increase the amount of dexamethasone in the blood causing undesired effects.
Storage and disposal of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Store at room temperature at or below 25 °C, away from heat and light in a cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze it.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Do not use any medicine that has passed the expiry date, and dispose of such medicine properly.
- Do not use the medicine if the liquid has become turbid or cloudy.
Dosage of Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What time of the day should I use Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drop?
Q: I wear contact lenses, can I use Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drop?
Q: Can I use Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drop for eye infection in my daughter who is 2 years of age?
Q: I have experienced burning sensation in the eye on using Dexoren S Eye/Ear Drop, is it normal?
- Eythalm 1mg/ml eye drops solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021]
- Chloramphenicol Eye Drops BP 0.5% W/V - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021]
- Dexamethasone (Ophthalmic Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021]