Akurit 4 Tablet
Akurit 4 Tablet Description
Akurit 4 tablet helps in treating tuberculosis. It prevents the growth of tuberculosis causing bacteria. Tuberculosis is a disease that mainly affects the lungs but can affect other parts of the body
as well, such as the kidneys, brain, spinal cord and bone marrow. Akurit 4 tablet is composed of four anti-tuberculosis medications, namely rifampicin, isoniazid, pyrazinamide and ethambutol. While isoniazid prevents the bacterium Mycobacterium tuberculosis from forming a protective covering, rifampicin inactivates a bacterial enzyme (RNA-polymerase) which they require to reproduce and make essential proteins. Meanwhile, ethambutol and pyrazinamide work by slowing the growth of bacteria. Collectively, uses of Akurit 4 tablets include eliminating the infection and killing the bacteria. Side effects of Akurit 4 tablets include nausea, vomiting, rash, fever, dark-coloured urine, sweating and increased sputum production. Most side effects disappear in time without medical attention. However, if side effects persist or worsen, speak to your doctor. Take Akurit 4 tablet orally or as directed by your physician. Akurit 4 tablets should not be consumed by those under 18 years of age.
|You Save||₹11.28 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ethambutol(275.0 Mg) + Pyrazinamide(400.0 Mg) + Isoniazid(75.0 Mg) + Rifampicin(150.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Rash, Fever, Dark-coloured urine, Sweating, Increased sputum production, Salivation, Watery eyes, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hands), Increased liver enzymes, jaundice, Increased uric acid level in blood, Visual impairment.|
Uses of Akurit 4 Tablet
- As per CDSCO, the medicine has usage in Tuberculosis (TB).
Contraindications of Akurit 4 Tablet
Side effects of Akurit 4 Tablet
- Dark-coloured urine
- Increased sputum production
- Watery eyes
- Peripheral neuropathy - tingling and numbness of feet and hand
- Increased liver enzymes
- Increased uric acid level in blood
- Visual impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Akurit 4 Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You experience any side effects.
- Akurit 4 tablet is not meant to be used in children below 12 years of age.
- If you suffer from liver disease or kidney disease, then consult your doctor before taking Akurit 4 tablet.
Mode of Action of Akurit 4 Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Akurit 4 Tablet
- Take an Akurit 4 tablet orally or as directed by your physician.
- The dosage and duration of your treatment will be decided by your doctor on the basis of your medical history, age and sex.
- The tablet is to be swallowed orally. It should not be chewed or crushed.
- It is recommended to take an Akurit 4 Tablet on an empty stomach. Ideally, one hour before a meal, with a full glass of water.
- Make sure to take your medicine at a fixed time every day.
Interactions of Akurit 4 Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Antibiotic - erythromycin
- Painkiller - acetaminophen
- Anti-diabetic - insulin isophane
- Anti-HIV - saquinavir, ritonavir
- Antacids - omeprazole
Interactions with food items
- Avoid foods and drinks that contain histamine or tyramine, such as cured meat, matured cheese, soya, tuna, salmon, mackerel, wine and beer.
Storage and disposal of Akurit 4 Tablet
Dosage of Akurit 4 Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose include drowsiness, confusion, problems with coordination and loss of consciousness. In case of an overdose, medical help should be sought as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Akurit 4 Tablet if I feel well?
Q: Are diagnostic test results affected by Akurit 4 tablets?
- When taking Akurit 4 Tablet test results for some tests such as folate, vitamin B12 and liver functions may be affected. Inform the person conducting your test that you are on Akurit 4 tablets.
- Cdsco.gov.in. 2022. home. [online] Available at: <https://cdsco.gov.in/opencms/opencms/en/Home/> [Accessed 18 January 2022].
- Medicines.org.uk. 2022. Rimstar 150 mg/75 mg/400 mg/275 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). [online] Available at: <https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2999/smpc#gref> [Accessed 18 January 2022].