By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acnestar Gel contains a combination of Clindamycin and Nicotinamide. Clindamycin is an antibiotic and Nicotinamide or Niacin is a form of vitamin B3. Acnestar Gel help in reducing acne, whiteheads and blackheads. It also helps reduce acne scars and prevent acne. It can cause skin dryness, itching and burning sensation as side-effects. Avoid excessive use of makeup, other products on your skin when using this gel. Avoid using it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not pop acne as that leads to bacteria, pus spreading on the skin that can lead to the spread of acne and acne scar.
Uses of Acnestar Gel
Acnestar Gel is used to treat bacterial infection and inflammation of skin such as acne, whiteheads, pimples and blackheads.
Contraindications of Acnestar Gel
- If you are allergic to Clindamycin, Nicotinamide or any other components of Acnestar gel.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of Acnestar Gel
- Skin irritation
- Dry Skin
- Oily skin
Precautions and Warnings of Acnestar Gel
Can I use Acnestar Gel during pregnancy?
Acnestar Gel is applied to the skin and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little. The chances of any effect in pregnancy are rare. Still, this medicine should be used only under medical supervision as components of this medicine is known to be unsafe during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. In case you are prescribed with this medicine avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Acnestar Gel while breastfeeding?
It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Acnestar Gel?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving, but as it is a topical preparation, it may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Acnestar Gel?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Acnestar Gel. However, alcohol is known to worsen the infection and inflammation; it's better to avoid consuming alcohol when you are prescribed with this ointment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to any components of this gel or history of any allergic skin reaction.
- You are experiencing excessive dryness, irritation and peeling of skin.
- You have a history of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea Avoid contact with eyes, mouth and nose.
Mode of Action of Acnestar Gel
How Does It Work?
- Acnestar Gel works by the combined action of both its components - Clindamycin and Nicotinamide.
- Clindamycin is an antibiotic agent and works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of acne-causing bacteria.
- Nicotinamide is acting as an anti-inflammatory agent and works by reducing the swelling and redness associated with acne. It also regulates the amount of acne-causing oil being produced by the oil glands in your skin and helps in lightening the marks due to pimple, acne and other skin problems.read less
Directions for Use of Acnestar Gel
- Use Acnestar gel as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- This gel is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before & after using this gel.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Acnestar Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Acnestar gel with other medicines. However, as this gel contains clindamycin & nicotinamide, any interaction seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Acnestar gel is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.read less
- Be cautious if you are taking oral anticoagulants like Warfarin, Acenocoumarol and Fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with that. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended.read less
Storage and disposal of Acnestar Gel
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Acnestar Gel
As Acnestar gel is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out excess of medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Acnestar gel, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Acnestar Gel for children?
A: Safety and effectiveness of Acnestar Gel in pediatric patients under the age of 12 have not been established.
Q: Can I use Acnestar Gel in viral infections?
A: Clindamycin is an antibacterial medicine and is not effective against viral infections.
Q: Is Acnestar good for oily skin?
A: Yes, it is good for all skin types. It helps in controlling the excessive oil production in the skin.
Q: How to apply Acnestar gel?
- Wash your face with a soap or face wash and pat it dry
- Wash your hands before applying the Acnestar gel
- Apply a thin layer, rub it thoroughly and let it get absorbed
- Avoid touching and pressing the acne, pimple too firmly while applying it
- Repeat it as prescribed by your doctor
Q: Does Acnestar gel work on pores?
A: Size of skin pores is usually inherited and Acnestar Gel may directly not affect the size of pores. However, Nicotinamide present in this gel is known to control excessive oil production, which can help in reducing the pore size due to acne and pimples.
Q: Is Acnestar Gel good for pimples?
A: Yes, it is very helpful in controlling pimples and also helps in lightening the after marks.
Last Updated on: 03 Nov 2020 | 12:59 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved