Prolyte Ors Lemon Drink Tetrapack (200 Ml)
Prolyte ORS is a WHO-recommended formula for use in conditions such as diarrhoea, vomiting, and water and electrolytes loss. It is also available in Orange and Apple flavours.
Prolyte ORS Lemon Drink 200 ml is a source of water, electrolytes, and calories. It is an oral rehydration therapy that helps treat and prevent dehydration (loss of water and electrolytes from the body) by making up the fluids and electrolytes lost due to vomiting or diarrhoea.
- It is a quick way to replenish fluid loss in the body.
- It is a WHO-recommended formula for restoring fluid and electrolytes loss from the body.
- It is helpful in dealing with diarrhoea and vomiting.
- It is a ready-to-drink energy drink for dehydration.
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium chloride
- Sodium citrate
- Used in diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Used in dehydration.
How to Use
- It is a ready-to-use energy drink. Just pour in a clean glass and drink.
- You may drink Prolyte ORS Lemon Drink 200 ml with or without food.
- Discuss with your doctor regarding the dosage duration of Prolyte ORS Lemon Drink 200 ml.
- For oral consumption only.
- Should not be injected.
- Consume the drink within 24 hours of opening the pack.
- Do not store the leftover product for later use.
- Store the product in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Do not consume the drink if the pack is puffed.
- Consult a doctor if you have acute diarrhoea or dehydration, intestinal obstruction, or impaired kidney function.
- Do not use the product if you are allergic to any of its contents.
- Avoid using this drink during pregnancy unless prescribed.
- Common side effects noted are mild nausea and vomiting that will resolve gradually. If the side effect persists longer, consult your doctor.
Q1: Can I take Prolyte ORS Lemon Drink without consulting a doctor?
Ans: Prolyte ORS Energy Drink is generally safe for use. You may consume the drink to replenish the fluid and electrolyte loss from the body. However, consult your doctor before taking it if you have blood electrolyte problems such as hyperkalemia, hyperchloremia, hypernatremia, hyperglycemia, fluid overload issue, or kidney problem, or are taking any medicine alongside to avoid any side effects or interactions.
Q2: Is it safe to use Prolyte ORS Lemon Drink 200 ml during pregnancy?
Ans: You should consult your doctor before using this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q3: Can Prolyte ORS energy drinks be given to children?
Ans: Prolyte ORS energy drink should be given to children only if prescribed by a doctor.
Q4: Does it interact with Alcohol?
Ans: It is not known if Prolyte ORS Energy Drink interacts with alcohol. You should consult your doctor before consuming it.
Q5: Can it be used regularly to replenish the body during summer?
Ans: Prolyte ORS energy drink is a medicated drink that contains electrolytes. During the summer, we sweat a lot and sometimes don't drink enough water to compensate for the loss and hence get dehydrated. Discuss with your doctor before consuming Prolyte ORS energy drink daily during summer.