I-activ Menstrual Cup- 100% Medical Grade Liquid Silicone Protection For 8-10 Hours Rash-free Leak-free And Odourless - Medium
i-activ Menstrual Cup is made of the softest 100% medical-grade liquid silicone. It gives ease of fold and insertion, flexibility in adjusting and a soft feel inside. Now you can forget about changing pads so often. i-activ Menstrual Cup comes in different sizes suitable for collecting menstrual flow for 8-10 hours. The unique design of i-activ Menstrual Cup creates an airlock once the cup is inserted properly making your periods leak-proof, rash-free & odourless. It is environment friendly and is reusable for up to 10 years. You can enjoy your physical activities like exercising, swimming or dancing without worrying about periods with i-activ Menstrual Cup.
- 100% Medical Grade Liquid Silicone
- It gives 8-10 hours of protection
- It can be used during nights
- Reusable & lasts up to 10 years
- It is rash free
- It is odourless
- It is leakproof
- It is Ecofriendly
- It is safe to use in physical activities like exercising, swimming and dancing
Easy to use:
- Washing: Thoroughly sterilize (wash) your hands and cup with warm water.
- Folding of cup: Hold the cup facing upside and fold it in half by pressing the sides of the cup together to form “C” shape. Hold the folded side properly between your thumb and forefinger.
- Inserting the cup: Gently separate the opening of the vagina with one hand and slowly push the folded side of the cup inside the vaginal opening. Please ensure that the folded cup opens up fully inside the vagina and forms a seal while taking the hand out.
- Removing the cup: Wash your hands with warm water and soap. Hold the stem gently and pull it out till you can touch the bottom of the cup. Now slightly press the cup in the bottom to release the air seal and pull the cup out completely.
- Emptying the cup: The cup needs to be emptied 2 to 5 times a day depending upon the flow of the individual. Empty the cup in the toilet. Rinse it thoroughly with water and reinsert.
Easy to Sterilize & Store:
- When your periods are over and the cup is no longer in use, first wash your cup with lukewarm water and soap
- Then place the cup in boiling water for 2-3 mins to fully sanitize it
- Remove the cup from the boiling water and allow it to air dry completely
- Store it in the provided jute bag when not in use
Easy to select a proper size:
It is dependent on your age and whether you have given a birth
- if you are below 30 years of age and have not given any birth then use Medium size
- if you are below 30 years of age and have given birth then use large size
- if you are above 30 years of age and have not given birth then use large size
- if you are above 30 years of age and have given birth then use large size
- i-activ Menstrual Cup needs to be inserted inside the vagina. Once the cup goes inside, it opens up and forms an air seal. Menstrual blood is collected within the cup and air seal ensures that there is no leakage. Considering the size of the cup and average menstrual blood discharge, the cup should be emptied 2-5 times in a day.
- For Collecting Menstrual Blood on Menstrual days
Precautions & Warnings
- In case there is discomfort or leakage, please remove the cup and insert again correctly
- In case if you experience rash or irritation, discontinue use and consult a doctor
Storage and Disposal
- Store in a cool and dry place. Keep away from children
1) Which age is ideal to start with?
One can start using a cup as soon as she starts menstruating.
2)Can one lose virginity after using the cup?
There is no scientific test which proves losing virginity. It is often related to the breaking of the hymen. Hymen can break due to a lot of things like physical exercising, sports, injury and using a menstrual cup is one of them. Many women are born without a hymen. Hymen has a small opening which lets the menstrual blood pass. Hence it is never completely sealed
3)Will it make the vagina bigger because of its size?
No. Vagial tissues can expand and then get back to their previous shape automatically. The menstrual cup does not make the vagina bigger.
4)Can a cup get stuck or lost in your vagina?
No. Cup can never get lost in your vagina as there is only one opening to the Vagina. The cervix is closed from inside. So the cup will remain intact inside the vagina. If you are not able to find it for removing, please consult a doctor for help
5)What if one puts it in the wrong hole?
It is not possible to put the cup in the wrong hole. The female body has 3 holes, the first one is the smaller one for passing urine. It does not expand, so you can not put it in that. The middle one is the vaginal opening hole, it easily expands, so you will feel it while inserting the cup. The third one is the anus, which passes the stool. hence this also does not expand to an extent of the vagina. Therefore you will not go wrong in identifying the cup.
6)Can you use the toilet while wearing a cup?
Yes. Completely. The Urine & the stool is passed through a separate hole hence you can wear it and use the toilet at the same time.
7)Can it be worn for longer hrs?
Yes. It can be worn for 8-10 hours without emptying and reinserting. (Depends on the flow)
8)Does it cause irritation or rash?
No. It does not. It is made up of 100% medical-grade liquid silicone. This material is used in baby products like nipples. It is extremely soft and flexible and does not cause any irritation or rash
9)Whether one can sleep while wearing a menstrual cup?
10)Can the cup send the blood back to the vagina?
No. Cup does not send the blood back to the vagina, Cup is big enough to hold the blood for 8-10 hours (depending on usage, flow and any medical condition). Once the blood is filled in the cup, it will go back.
11)When is the correct time to change the cup?
You will take a few cycles to know your blood flow and the requirements to empty the cup. If you are a first time user then you can see every 6 hours if the cup is not filled much, then check for 8, 10 and 12 hours. Many women use it without emptying for 12 hours as well. However, an average menstruating woman empties it in 8-10 hrs.
12)Will the blood spill off when taken out?
It is advisable to take the cup out above the toilet bowl to avoid spilling.
13)Can it be changed in a public toilet?
Yes. Please refer pack for instructions on removing and cleaning.
14)Is it dangerous to use a cup?
No. Please use the cup as per instructions given on the pack.