Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet Description
Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet is useful in treating anxiety and panic disorders. Further, Stresnil helps in Insomnia, which means the inability to sleep at night. Stresnil is a combination of Alprazolam, a
edative medicine and Melatonin, a natural hormone responsible for controlling sleep patterns. Anxiety is characterised by restlessness, excessive worry and fear about daily situations. People suffering from anxiety may feel rapid heart rate, breathlessness, perspiration and tiredness. A person suffering from Insomnia cannot fall asleep easily or stay asleep for long. Stresnil induces sleep after 1-2 hours of its consumption.
|You Save||₹4.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Melatonin(3.0 Mg) + Alprazolam(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Panic disorders, Insomnia, Anxiety disorder, Jet-lag|
|Side effects||Confusion, Drowsiness, Headache, Dizziness, Dryness of mouth, Nausea, Vomiting|
Uses of Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
- As per CDSCO, the combination medicine Stresnil is used to treat chronic Insomnia and anxiety and panic disorder for short-term management.
Contraindications of Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
- If you had an allergic reaction to any of the components of this tablet.
- If you are taking any other medicine which can increase eye pressure.
- If you are taking any other sedative medications.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disease.
- If you are diagnosed with autoimmune conditions like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Myasthenia Gravis, Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, etc.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines.
Side effects of Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
- Dryness of mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any autoimmune diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Myasthenia Gravis, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, etc. and kidney or liver diseases.
- You are taking any Oral Contraceptive pills, Warfarin, Antihypertensive medicines, Antifungal medicines.
- You are an alcoholic or smoker.
- You want to reschedule the tablet dosage or if you are experiencing serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
- Stresnil 0.25mg tablet should be taken as a full tablet, with water, not to chew or crush in the mouth.
- It can be taken after food to avoid most of its side effects.
- Stresnil 0.25mg tablet should be taken at a fixed time every day, 1-2 hours before going to sleep at night.
Interactions of Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Tricyclic Antidepressants like Fluvoxamine and Imipramine
- Antihypertensive medicines
- NSAIDs like Naproxen Diclofenac and Ibuprofen
- Oestrogens used in Contraceptives and Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Quinolones or Rifampicin (Antibiotics)
- Herbal remedies for Insomnia, if taken along with Stresnil 0.25mg tablet, can increase the sedating effects. Other medicines like Tryptophan supplements, Zaleplon, Zolpidem, and Zopiclone can lead to deep sleep, resulting in difficulty waking up. You need to tell your doctor if you are taking blood thinners like Warfarin....
Interactions with food items
- Caffeine-containing drinks like tea, cola, coffee shouldn't be consumed as they reduce Strensil’s effectiveness.
Storage and disposal of Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
Dosage of Stresnil 0.25mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take a Stresnil tablet if I am Diabetic and Hypertensive?
Q: Will regular usage of Stresnil cause weight gain?
Q: Is Stresnil tablet habit-forming?
- Drugs, H. (2022). Alprazolam: MedlinePlus Drug Information. Retrieved 23 February 2022, from
- Drugs, H., & Supplements, H. (2022). Melatonin: MedlinePlus Supplements. Retrieved 23 February 2022, from
- Melatonin: a manmade hormone used for short-term sleep problems. (2022). Retrieved 23 February 2022, from