Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Stelbid 1mg Tablets combine two active ingredients, namely Isopropamide and Trifluoperazine. It helps relax the gastrointestinal tract muscles and bring about a calming effect on the patient’s overall mood. Stelbid 1mg tablets are used to treat Irritable bowel syndrome (bloating, pain, cramps in the stomach), peptic ulcers and other gastric diseases, which present symptoms of hyperacidity and hypermobility. They are to be taken orally with water as prescribed by the physician. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a condition that interferes with the normal movement of the intestines, thereby leading to severe, intermittent abdominal pain due to muscle spasms, flatulence, constipation, or even diarrhoea....
|You Save||₹8.36 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Isopropamide(5.0 Mg),Trifluoperazine(1.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Irritable bowel syndrome, peptic ulcers, stress-induced acidity, medicine-induced diarrhoea.|
|Side effects||Nausea, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, weight gain, excessive thirst, blurry vision.|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME|
Check more medicines with composition as Isopropamide(5.0 Mg) + Trifluoperazine(1.0 Mg)
Uses of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Treatment of Peptic ulcers.
- Treatment of Nervous hyperacidity (dyspepsia).
- Management of other conditions of the stomach and intestines causing hyperacidity like irritable colon, gastritis, functional diarrhoea, or duodenitis.
- Treatment of genitourinary spasms.
Contraindications of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you have high blood pressure. If you have prostate gland problems. If you have urinary obstruction. If you have an intestinal obstruction. If you are an obese patient. If you have Parkinsonism. If you have a history of/present cardiac illness. If you have positional low blood pressure. If you have Epilepsy. If you have Kidney disease. If you experience medicine induced diarrhoea....
Side effects of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Excessive thirst
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Urinary retention
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Stelbid during pregnancy?
No, Stelbid 1mg is not prescribed during pregnancy as limited studies have shown harmful effects on the foetus. Please consult your physician if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy while on Stelbid 1mg medication.
Can I take Stelbid while breastfeeding?
No, Stelbid 1mg is not advised during breastfeeding as it is known to pass through breast milk to the baby and can cause side effects like constipation, urinary retention and blurred vision.
Can I drive if I have taken Stelbid tablets?
No, you are not advised to drive or handle other heavy machinery as there is a chance you may experience side-effects of Stelbid 1mg like blurry vision, nausea and uncoordinated thoughts.
Can I consume alcohol with Stelbid?
Alcohol is prohibited while on therapy with stale bit 1 mg as it carries a risk of increasing the severity of side effects like blurry vision, sleepiness and uncontrolled thinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have persistent side-effects, which worsen over time.
- You want to stop taking Stelbid 1mg.
- You feel there is no improvement.
- You develop an allergy to Stelbid 1mg (rashes, hives, swelling on the hands or face).
- You have missed a dose or doses of the medication.
- You experience any other medical issues that arise after you start taking Stelbid 1mg.
- Stelbid 1MG may worsen certain conditions like low blood pressure. Therefore, at the start of the treatment, it is advised to stand up slowly from a sitting/ lying position.
Mode of Action of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Stelbid 1 mg contains two active ingredients: Isopropamide - It acts by inhibiting the action of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger, along the lining of the stomach and intestines, and thus, it helps to relax the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract and decreases the incidence of spasms. Trifluoperazine - It acts by regulating the action of the chemical messenger dopamine in the brain tissues and helps to bring about a calming effect on the patient, especially in cases of nervous dyspepsia (hyperacidity). It primarily helps to reduce anxiousness. Stelbid 1mg helps relieve IBS symptoms by dilating the gastro-intestinal pathways, easy passage of gas and reducing spasmodic activity....
Directions for Use of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stelbid 1mg comes in a box containing a strip of 10 tablets which have to be taken as prescribed by your physician.
- The tablets are to be consumed whole with water. It is not advised to chew or to crush tablets in powder form.
- Do not stop taking Stelbid 1mg on your own even if you have started feeling better. Your physician will advise you when you need to stop the medication.
Interactions of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- When taken along with Anticholinergic Medications (which cause relaxation and dilation of body pathways) like Opiods, Zonisamide, Clozapine and Secretin, Stelbid 1mg can slow down movement immensely through the gastrointestinal tract and cause severe constipation or urinary retention....
- If oral potassium supplements are taken along with Stelbid 1mg, they can cause an ulcer if the potassium remains in the stomach or intestine too long.
- Antipsychotics like Phenothiazine can increase side effects like dry mouth, sleepiness, blurry vision and constipation when taken along with Stelbid 1mg.
- Antiepileptics like Topiramate can increase your chances of getting a heat stroke when taken along with Stelbid 1mg. Symptoms include excessive dehydration, thirst, cold and clammy skin, rapid heart rate and breathing or urinating much less than usual....
Interactions with food items
- Stelbid 1 mg has no major reported cases of adverse food reactions.
Storage and disposal of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Stelbid 1 mg is a box containing a strip of 10 tablets. It should always be stored at room temperature and away from direct sunlight. It should be kept away from children and pets at home. The disposal of any unused Stelbid 1 mg tablets should always be along with other medical waste. Any unused medication should not be drained away in sinks or in washrooms. Do not throw away Stelbid 1mg tablets along with other household waste....
Dosage of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose of Stelbid 1mg can cause severe side-effects like dilated pupils, high fever, very high pulse rate, increased breathing and uncoordinated thoughts. Severe overdose can also cause depression and cardiac collapse....
- Any overdose of Stelbid should be immediately reported to the emergency department or your nearest healthcare provider.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Stelbid, you can take the missed dose as soon as you realise that you have missed the dose. If the next scheduled dose is only a few hours away, it is advised not to take the missed dose and directly take the next scheduled dose and then continue as usual. Do not double your dose without consulting your physician....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will Stelbid 1mg start working for me?
A: Stelbid 1mg is used along with other medications to treat stomach and intestinal problems related to hyperacidity and diarrhoea. You may notice an improvement in your condition in 3-7 days of starting the treatment.
Q: Can I take Stelbid 1mg after meals?
- Stelbid 1mg tablets can be taken before or after meals depending on what is prescribed by your physician after evaluating your condition. It is recommended to take Stelbid 1mg always as prescribed.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.