Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Stelbid 1mg Tablets combine two active ingredients, namely Isopropamide and Trifluoperazine. It helps relax the gastrointestinal tract muscles and bring about a calming effect on the patient’s overal
l mood. Stelbid 1mg tablets are used to treat Irritable bowel syndrome (bloating, pain, cramps in the stomach), peptic ulcers and other gastric diseases, which present symptoms of hyperacidity and hypermobility. They are to be taken orally with water as prescribed by the physician. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a condition that interferes with the normal movement of the intestines, thereby leading to severe, intermittent abdominal pain due to muscle spasms, flatulence, constipation, or even diarrhoea.
|Contains||Isopropamide(5.0 Mg) + Trifluoperazine(1.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Irritable bowel syndrome, peptic ulcers, stress-induced acidity, medicine-induced diarrhoea.|
|Side effects||Nausea, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, weight gain, excessive thirst, blurry vision.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME|
Uses of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Treatment of Peptic ulcers.
- Treatment of Nervous hyperacidity (dyspepsia).
- Management of other conditions of the stomach and intestines causing hyperacidity like irritable colon, gastritis, functional diarrhoea, or duodenitis.
- Treatment of genitourinary spasms.
Contraindications of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Side effects of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Excessive thirst
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Urinary retention
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have persistent side-effects, which worsen over time.
- You want to stop taking Stelbid 1mg.
- You feel there is no improvement.
- You develop an allergy to Stelbid 1mg (rashes, hives, swelling on the hands or face).
- You have missed a dose or doses of the medication.
- You experience any other medical issues that arise after you start taking Stelbid 1mg.
- Stelbid 1MG may worsen certain conditions like low blood pressure. Therefore, at the start of the treatment, it is advised to stand up slowly from a sitting/ lying position.
Mode of Action of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stelbid 1mg comes in a box containing a strip of 10 tablets which have to be taken as prescribed by your physician.
- The tablets are to be consumed whole with water. It is not advised to chew or to crush tablets in powder form.
- Do not stop taking Stelbid 1mg on your own even if you have started feeling better. Your physician will advise you when you need to stop the medication.
Interactions of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- When taken along with Anticholinergic Medications (which cause relaxation and dilation of body pathways) like Opiods, Zonisamide, Clozapine and Secretin, Stelbid 1mg can slow down movement immensely through the gastrointestinal tract and cause severe constipation or urinary retention....
- If oral potassium supplements are taken along with Stelbid 1mg, they can cause an ulcer if the potassium remains in the stomach or intestine too long.
- Antipsychotics like Phenothiazine can increase side effects like dry mouth, sleepiness, blurry vision and constipation when taken along with Stelbid 1mg.
- Antiepileptics like Topiramate can increase your chances of getting a heat stroke when taken along with Stelbid 1mg. Symptoms include excessive dehydration, thirst, cold and clammy skin, rapid heart rate and breathing or urinating much less than usual....
Interactions with food items
- Stelbid 1 mg has no major reported cases of adverse food reactions.
Storage and disposal of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dosage of Stelbid 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose of Stelbid 1mg can cause severe side-effects like dilated pupils, high fever, very high pulse rate, increased breathing and uncoordinated thoughts. Severe overdose can also cause depression and cardiac collapse....
- Any overdose of Stelbid should be immediately reported to the emergency department or your nearest healthcare provider.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will Stelbid 1mg start working for me?
Q: Can I take Stelbid 1mg after meals?
- Stelbid 1mg tablets can be taken before or after meals depending on what is prescribed by your physician after evaluating your condition. It is recommended to take Stelbid 1mg always as prescribed.