Shelcal Hd Strip Of 15 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
8 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ingredients and Benefits
- Shelcal HD tablet contains calcium and Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol /Cholecalciferol).
- Calcium: Calcium is one of the most abundant minerals in the body which is essential for critical metabolic functions. Most prominently it is required for building and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It also plays a very crucial role in nerve transmission, muscle function, cellular signalling and hormone secretion.Read less
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol /Cholecalciferol): Vitamin D3 plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth. It also plays a role in cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function and reduction of inflammation.Read less
Uses of Shelcal Hd Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Shelcal HD tablet is used for the treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- It is used to treat osteoporosis or bone-related disorders.
- It is also used in special populations like the elderly, pregnant, breastfeeding who need vitamin D and calcium supplements.
Precautions and Warnings of Shelcal Hd Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to vitamin D, calcium or any other ingredients of Shelcal HD tablet.
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues).
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or having any metabolic disorders.
- You are on other medications, supplements or herbal remedies.
- You are suffering from malabsorption disorders.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have blood cancer.
- You are taking any other products containing vitamin D or calcium.
- You have high levels of cholesterol, you need to be cautious.
- Avoid taking your thyroid medicine and Shelcal HD tablet together.
- Do not take this tablet if you have a high level of calcium or vitamin D in the blood, a high level of calcium in urine, kidney stones or are bedridden.
- Shelcal HD tablet is known to accumulate in the fat and liver, so excessive use or use for a prolonged period of time may cause harm.
Directions for Use of Shelcal Hd Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Shelcal HD tablet is to be taken as a whole with adequate amount of water.This tablet can be taken with or without food. It is recommended to take the tablet preferably after the evening meal
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the difference between Shelcal HD and Shelcal 500?
A: Shelcal HD tablet contains calcium and vitamin D3 and Shelcal 500 tablet also contains calcium and vitamin D3. The only difference between these two is the amount of vitamin D3. Shelcal HD tablet has a higher amount of vitamin D3 compared to Shelcal 500. These medicines are given in case of calcium and vitamin D3 deficiencies, for treatment of osteoporosis and as a calcium supplement. You should take medicine as advised by your doctor and the same shall be based on your diagnosis and your medical history.
Q: Are there any side effects of taking Shelcal HD tablet?
A: You may experience constipation, nausea, vomiting and stomach upset after taking this supplement, though not everyone gets these side effects.
Q: What are the sources of vitamin D?
A: A very few food items such as cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk, etc. are good sources of vitamin D. Vitamin D is produced in our skin when we are exposed to the Sun. Sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin deficiency.
Q: Can Shelcal HD be harmful if I taken in excess?
- Yes, taking too much Shelcal HD can be harmful. There is a misconception that too much of vitamins is not harmful.
- An overdose can cause loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, kidney stones, bone pain, excessive thirst, increased calcium in the blood, urine, muscle weakness and irregular heartbeat
- In case of an overdose, stop taking it and contact your doctor immediately.
Q: Is Shelcal HD chewable?
A: No, Shelcal HD tablet is not chewable. It should be swallowed with a sufficient amount of water.
Q: Why should one take vitamin D?
A: With the current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars; with hardly any exposure to the sun. This is leading to increased vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscle weakness. There is a lot of research happening which suggests that vitamin D may have a role in preventing the onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast, help build immunity.
|You Save||₹15.5 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(500.0 Iu),Calcium(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Vitamin D and calcium deficiency|
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 07:17 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved