Shelcal 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Shelcal 500 Tablet is a vitamin and mineral supplement. It contains Calcium and Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol /colecalciferol) as the main ingredient. Calcium and Vitamin D3 are two crucial components for maintaining healthy bones and joints.
Ingredients and Benefits
- Calcium is a vital mineral essential for maintaining structure and function. It plays an important role in nerve transmission, hormone secretion, muscle contraction and vascular functions.
- Vitamin D3 increases the absorption of Calcium and Phosphorous from the intestine. It is crucial for bone strength. Due to a lack of Vitamin D, you may experience fractures, muscle pain and weakness.
Uses of Shelcal 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- To treat vitamin D and Calcium deficiency.
- To treat osteoporosis and other bone-related problems.
- For healthy and strong bones & joints.
- As an adjuvant to diet in the elderly, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Precautions and Warnings of Shelcal 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to Vitamin D, Calcium or any other ingredients of this medicine. Do not take it in this case.
- Do not take it if you have a high level of Calcium or Vitamin D in the blood, a high level of Calcium in urine, kidney stones or are bedridden.
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues).
- You are suffering from malabsorption.
- You have kidney problems or blood cancer.
- You are taking any other product containing Vitamin D or Calcium.
- If you have high levels of cholesterol, then caution is needed.
- Never take thyroid medicine and Shelcal 500 tablets together.
Directions for Use of Shelcal 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Shelcal 500 Tablet, as your doctor has advised you.
- Take it after the evening meal.
- This vitamin is known to accumulate in the fat and liver, so excessive use or use for a prolonged period can be detrimental.
- Do not take too much of this medicine as this may lead to overdose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods are a good source of vitamin D?
- Very few food products are a good source of vitamin D like cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun.
- Sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent Vitamin D deficiency.
Q: Why should one take vitamin D?
- With the current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars, with hardly any exposure to the sun.
- This is leading to increased Vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscle weakness.
- There is a lot of research happening, suggesting that Vitamin D may have a role in preventing the onset of diabetes, cancers like the colon, breast, help build immunity.
Q: This is a health supplement. Can it be harmful if I take it too much?
- Yes, taking too much Shelcal 500 can be harmful. There is a misconception that too much of vitamins are not harmful.
- When taken in excess or high doses for too long, excessive Vitamin D and Calcium can cause an overdose.
- Overdose can cause loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, kidney stones, bone pain, excessive thirst, increased calcium in the blood, urine, muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, stop taking it and contact your doctor immediately.
Q: What is Shelcal 500 tablet used for?
A: Shelcal 500 is used to treat Calcium and Vitamin deficiency. It helps in maintaining healthy bones and joints.
Q: Can I take Shelcal 500 with vitamin D3?
A: Shelcal 500 contains Vitamin D3 and Calcium. Taking another supplement containing Vitamin D3 may lead to overdose and undesirable effects.
|You Save||₹16.3 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Calcium(500.0 Mg),Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(250.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Vitamin D and calcium deficiency|
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 10:36 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved