Sertagress 25mg Tablet
Sertagress 25 MG Description
Sertagress 25 mg tablet is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of depression, mood disorders, panic attacks, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). The active ingredient in Sertagress
25 mg tablet is Sertraline, a type of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI). The mode of action of Sertagress 25 mg tablet is by balancing the neurotransmitter serotonin, a chemical messenger between nerve cells. An increase in serotonin concentration helps with sedation, anxiety, and muscle relaxation leading to an improved mental state. Side effects of Sertagress 25 mg tablets include nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting, dry mouth, and loss of appetite. This medicine should only be taken on a doctor's recommendation. It is essential to maintain the dose and schedule of Sertagress 25 mg tablets. Sertagress 25 mg tablets can interact with other medicines, so informing the treating doctor of the complete medical history and all medications being taken at the time of prescription is crucial. Pregnant or lactating women should inform the doctor at the time of consultation to avoid any complications. If Sertagress 25 mg tablets cause any kind of suicidal ideation, the doctor should be alerted immediately.
|You Save||₹6.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Panic attack, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)|
|Side effects||Nausea, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Vomiting, Dry mouth, Loss of appetite|
Uses of Sertagress 25 MG
- Sertagress 25 mg tablets are used in the treatment of:
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Contraindications of Sertagress 25 MG
Side effects of Sertagress 25 MG
- Side effects of Sertagress 25 mg tablets include:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Decreased libido
Precautions and Warnings of Sertagress 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of kidney, liver, and respiratory disorders.
- You (or your family member) have a history or are currently diagnosed with a mental illness.
- You have been diagnosed with glaucoma (an eye disease).
- You have been diagnosed with epilepsy or diabetes. Sertagress 25 mg tablets can aggravate your condition.
- You have suicidal thoughts after starting treatment with Sertagress 25 mg tablets.
- You take any medicines, vitamins, or supplements along with the Sertagress 25 mg tablets.
- You want to drive or operate heavy machinery while taking Sertagress 25 mg tablets.
- You want to stop or alter the dose of Sertagress 25 mg tablets.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, tremors, sweating, flushing etc.
- You have lost weight after taking the medicine.
- You have cramps or muscular problems after starting treatment with Sertagress 25 mg tablets.
- You have symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome like tremor, agitation, muscle rigidity, fast heartbeat, vomiting, or diarrhoea.
- You notice any kind of sexual dysfunction after taking Sertagress 25 mg tablets.
Mode of Action of Sertagress 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sertagress 25 MG
- Take Sertagress 25 mg tablets exactly as advised by your doctor. Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine. This medicine is usually taken regularly for the long term....
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
- Take the tablets at the same time every day, so a stable dose of the medicine is maintained in the body.
- Take Sertagress 25 mg tablets as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break or chew the tablets.
Interactions of Sertagress 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sertagress 25 mg tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all medication being taken to be checked for possible interaction issues. The following medicines are known to interact with Sertagress 25 mg tablets....
- Amphetamine (stimulants) can increase the risk of Serotonin Syndrome, which is characterised by tremor, agitation, sweating, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, diarrhoea, etc.
- Aspirin and Diclofenac (painkillers) increase the risk of bleeding and bruising.
- Chlorpromazine (antipsychotic) and Ketoconazole (antifungal) decrease the metabolism of Sertagress 25 mg tablets.
- Sumatriptan (migraine medicine), Promazine (antipsychotic) and Alprazolam (antianxiety) can increase the risk of severe side effects.
- Phenytoin (antiepileptic) concentration increases when combined with Sertagress 25 mg tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit juice when on treatment with Sertagress 25 mg tablets.