Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup Description
Rexcof DX NF syrup contains chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as active components. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic medicine, whereas dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. Rexcof DX NF syr
up is used for temporary relief of cough due to throat irritation, sneezing & running nose. Rexcof-DX NF syrup can be taken with or without food, but it should be taken at exact doses using a measuring cup provided with a bottle, and for the duration as advised by the doctor. Shake the bottle well, before each use. It is advised to be cautious while driving or handling any machinery as this syrup can cause dizziness.
|You Save||₹10.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg/5ml) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Uses||Common cold and cough|
|Side effects||Dizziness, tiredness, drowsiness, sleepiness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Contraindications of Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan or any other components of this syrup.
- If you are having or had medicines like sodium oxybate (used to prevent daytime sleepiness).
- If you are or were on treatment with any medicine from class monoamine oxidase inhibitors such as phenelzine, selegiline (used to treat mental illness or Parkinson's disease) in the last 14 days.
- In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Rexcof DX NF syrup.
Side effects of Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Upset stomach
- Blurring of vision
Precautions and Warnings of Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You have a cough for a long duration with a lot of mucus (like asthma, emphysema or smoking).
- You have an eye problem like glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have difficulty in urination and frequent urge to go to urination (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart and liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure and fits.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness, so be cautious while giving this syrup to children.
- Older people should be cautious while using Rexcof DX NF syrup as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination difficulties with this syrup.
- It is not recommended to use this syrup in children below 2 years of age.
- You need to stop using this syrup and ask your doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious ailment....
Mode of Action of Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like Histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies such as sneezing or runny nose. Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of a common cold....
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre) that, when activated, produce coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helps in relieving the coughing.
Directions for Use of Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Take Rexcof DX NF syrup as per doctor's prescription.
- Shake well before use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Interactions of Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Rexcof DX NF syrup should not be taken with the medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) because it produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly due to the build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In the case of serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness) and sweating. In such a situation, the patient should be rushed to a nearby hospital....
- Rexcof DX NF syrup should be used cautiously with other medicines like Codeine, Hydrocodone (used for cough) that cause drowsiness. Alcohol, Marijuana, medicines to treat mental illness (Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem, etc.), muscle-relaxing medicines ( Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine) and other antihistaminic medicines (Cetrizine, Diphenhydramine, etc.) should be consumed with caution....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Store Rexcof DX NF syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Rexcof Dx Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Rexcof DX NF syrup along with other medicines used to treat my psychiatric illness?
Q: Can Rexcof DX NF syrup be used in children?
Q: How long does it take for Rexcof DX NF syrup to show its action?
Q: Can I take Rexcof DX NF syrup if I have an eye problem?
- Corex Syrup [Internet]. Pfizer pro. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]
- DailyMed - COUGH AND COLD- chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan hydrobromide liquid [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]
- Drugs H. Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]
- Drugs H. Dextromorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]