Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
By CIPLA GX
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rexcof DX NF syrup contains chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as active components. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic medicine, whereas dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. Rexcof DX NF syru
p is used for temporary relief of cough due to throat irritation, sneezing & running nose. Rexcof-DX NF syrup can be taken with or without food, but it should be taken at exact doses using a measuring cup provided with a bottle, and for the duration as advised by the doctor. Shake the bottle well, before each use. It is advised to be cautious while driving or handling any machinery as this syrup can cause dizziness....
Uses of Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
Rexcof DX NF syrup gives short-term relief from sneezing, cough or runny nose due to minor throat and airway irritation, which occurs during common cold and other respiratory allergies.
Contraindications of Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan or any other components of this syrup.
- If you are having or had medicines like sodium oxybate (used to prevent daytime sleepiness).
- If you are or were on treatment with any medicine from class monoamine oxidase inhibitors such as phenelzine, selegiline (used to treat mental illness or Parkinson's disease) in the last 14 days.
- In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Rexcof DX NF syrup.
Side effects of Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
- Upset stomach
- Blurring of vision
Precautions and Warnings of Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
Can I take Rexcof DX NF syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Rexcof DX NF syrup in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this cough syrup during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant. This syrup should be used only if it is needed and if the advantage overweighs the risk.
Can I take Rexcof DX NF syrup while breastfeeding?
There is no safety information about the effects of Rexcof DX NF syrup during breastfeeding. Thus, it is unknown if Rexcof DX NF syrup passes into human milk. You should consult your doctor before using cough syrup during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rexcof DX NF syrup?
Rexcof DX NF syrup may produce blurring of vision and drowsiness as side effects. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Rexcof DX NF syrup?
Rexcof DX NF syrup may produce drowsiness or sleepiness as a side effect. So if you consume it along with alcohol, it may exaggerate the drowsiness or sleepiness. Thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this cough syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a cough for a long duration with a lot of mucus (like asthma, emphysema or smoking).
- You have an eye problem like glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have difficulty in urination and frequent urge to go to urination (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart and liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure and fits.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness, so be cautious while giving this syrup to children.
- Older people should be cautious while using Rexcof DX NF syrup as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination difficulties with this syrup.
- It is not recommended to use this syrup in children below 2 years of age.
- You need to stop using this syrup and ask your doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious ailment....Read more
Mode of Action of Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like Histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies such as sneezing or runny nose. Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of a common cold....Read more
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre) that, when activated, produce coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helps in relieving the coughing.
Directions for Use of Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
- Take Rexcof DX NF syrup as per doctor's prescription.
- Shake well before use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Interactions of Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Rexcof DX NF syrup should not be taken with the medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) because it produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly due to the build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In the case of serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness) and sweating. In such a situation, the patient should be rushed to a nearby hospital....Read more
- Rexcof DX NF syrup should be used cautiously with other medicines like Codeine, Hydrocodone (used for cough) that cause drowsiness. Alcohol, Marijuana, medicines to treat mental illness (Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem, etc.), muscle-relaxing medicines ( Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine) and other antihistaminic medicines (Cetrizine, Diphenhydramine, etc.) should be consumed with caution....Read more
Interactions with food items
Do not consume grapefruit juice or any other products which might have grapefruit juice.
Storage and disposal of Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
- Store Rexcof DX NF syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Rexcof Dx Syrup 60ml
An overdose of Rexcof DX NF syrup may cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, fast or irregular heartbeats, confusion, hallucination, nervousness, seizures, fits and difficulty in releasing urine. If you
experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive quantity of this syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Rexcof DX NF syrup may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip
the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Rexcof DX NF syrup along with other medicines used to treat my psychiatric illness?
A: No, you should not use Rexcof DX NF syrup if you are taking medicines for psychiatric illness.
Q: Can Rexcof DX NF syrup be used in children?
A: Rexcof DX NF syrup should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Please refrain from using any medicines for your children without consulting a child specialist.
Q: How long does it take for Rexcof DX NF syrup to show its action?
A: It can start showing its action approximately after 2 hours of consumption. However, it varies among individuals depending on their physiological nature.
Q: Can I take Rexcof DX NF syrup if I have an eye problem?
A: Rexcof DX NF syrup contains Chlorpheniramine which increases the pressure in the eye and thus decreases the effectiveness of glaucoma medicines. So it is always advisable to talk to your doctor about your eye problem before using this syrup.
- Corex Syrup [Internet]. Pfizer pro. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]
- DailyMed - COUGH AND COLD- chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan hydrobromide liquid [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]
- Drugs H. Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]
- Drugs H. Dextromorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 September2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹10.5 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine Maleate(4.0 Mg),Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Common cold and cough|
|Side effects||Dizziness, tiredness, drowsiness, sleepiness|
Last Updated on: 12 Sep 2021 | 09:56 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved