Pantocid 40mg Vial Of 0.04gm Powder For Injection
By SUN PHARMA
0.04g Powder For Injection in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S is a proton pump inhibitor used to treat acid reflux.
Uses of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S
Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S uses are: It is mainly used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease and conditions that involve excess acid production. Doctors also prescribe Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S for patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and cancer.
Contraindications of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S
- Let the doctor know if you are allergic to Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S or anything else.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking methotrexate, rilpivirine or atazanavir.
- Let the doctor know if there is a family history of stomach cancer.
Side effects of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S
- You may experience swelling at the site of injection.
- The common side-effects of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S include the following:
- headache and feeling of fullness after a meal.
- belching, too much gas while passing bowels or bloating.
- Skin rash, blistering in areas exposed to sun or sensitivity to light.
- Stomach, nausea, diarrhoea, constipation.
- Other less common side-effects are:
- Skin colour, loss of appetite, fever.
- Tenderness, swelling in the leg or foot
- Ulceration, bleeding, burning, soreness.
- Increased production of liver enzymes and bilirubin.
- Pain in the lower back and painful urination.
Precautions and Warnings of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S
Can I take Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S during pregnancy?
It is best to consult the doctor before taking Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S due to a lack of adequate data regarding its use during pregnancy.
Can I take Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S while breastfeeding?
Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S is known to pass into the milk of the mother and can, therefore, enter the baby. Ask your doctor before starting the treatment.
Can I drive after taking Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S?
You may or may not experience dizziness. Please ensure that you do not experience any symptoms before driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S?
Alcohol can slow down the action of the drug and it may take longer for you to heal.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you observe any severe skin reactions like blistering, peeling or ulcers, please report to the doctor immediately.
- Long-term or excessive usage of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S may increase your risk for hip fractures.
- Long-term usage of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S may also reduce the levels of magnesium in your body. You may experience symptoms like muscle spasms, seizures, tremors, unusual tiredness or weakness and accelerated or uneven heartbeats. Please report to the doctor if you experience any of these symptoms.read less
- Inform you any doctor or dentist that you are have taken Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S injection before starting any other treatment.
Mode of Action of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S
Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S binds to proton pumps in the stomach cells and inhibits acid secretion.
Directions for Use of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S
Your doctor or nurse may administer the injection into your vein. This may take about 2-15 minutes. Usually, 1 dose (40 mg) may be given in a day. The doctor may change your dose according to the severity of the disease. If you experience any pain in the stomach, the doctor may recommend other medicines along with the injection dose.
Interactions of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood-thinning medicines such as phenprocoumon and warfarin
- antifungals like ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Methotrexate and erlotinib used to manage certain types of cancer
- Nelfinavir, atazanavir, tenofovir and rilpivirine for the management of human immunodeficiency virus/Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS)
Interactions with food items
There are no known food interactions with Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S. However, the intake of alcohol, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) should be avoided as they cause the stomach to produce more acid, which can slow down the treatment process.
Other general Interactions
Let the doctor know if you have liver problems so the doctor can alter Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S dosage accordingly.
Storage and disposal of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S
Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S should be stored in its carton to avoid exposure to sunlight. Always make sure that it is not stored above 25 °C. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid using the fluid if you see any particles in it. This drug is for one-time use only; in case you need to store it, storage is advised for only up to 12 hours after opening. Your doctor or nurse will take care of the storage protocol if you visit the hospital for the injection.
Dosage of Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S
Incidences of overdose are not common because the injection is generally administered by a doctor or nurse.
You may not see the desired effects within the expected time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can a child take Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S?
A: Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S is not meant for children. Speak to the doctor before administering the medication on your own.
Q: Can I take vitamins and herbal supplements along while being treated with Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S?
A: Speak to your doctor before using supplements during treatment with Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S.
Q: What other information do I provide to the doctor before starting Pantocid 40mg Iv 1'S?
A: Let the doctor know if you need to undergo specific blood tests like Chromogranin A.
Q: Do I need to disclose to the doctor if I experience joint pain during treatment?
A: Yes, let the doctor know about any symptoms you experience, even joint pain, during the course of the treatment.
- Electronic Medicines Compendium. Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant tablets.
- Electronic Medicines Compendium. Package leaflet: information for the user. Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant tablets.
- Da?l? Ü, et al. Treatment of reflux disease during pregnancy and lactation. 2017.
- Mayo Clinic. Pantoprazole (Oral Route).
- DailyMed. Pantoprazole sodium-pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release.
- Mayo Clinic. Pantoprazole (Intravenous Route).
- Electronic Medicines Compendium. Pantoprazole 40 mg, powder for solution for injection.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved