Mucolite Drops 15ml
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mucolite Drop is an oral formulation of Ambroxol, which eases coughing out of sputum. It is used to treat respiratory tract diseases, bronchitis, asthma, etc. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the exact duration. Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain are few side effects associated with Mucolite Drops. Most of which are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Mucolite Drops 15ml
- Mucolite Drops are used for treating short duration as well as long-standing diseases of the respiratory tract, which are associated with abnormal bronchial secretions.
- It is also used to treat acute attacks of chronic bronchitis, in which there is inflammation of the windpipe (bronchi) leading to a long-standing cough and difficulty in breathing.
- It can also be used in the management of asthmatic bronchitis and asthma along with other medications to ease coughing out of the sputum.
- It can also be used to ease coughing out of sputum in case of bronchiectasis in which there is breathing difficulty and long-standing cough formation due to collapse of lung tissue.
- It is also used to ease coughing out of sputum in various infectious conditions like pneumonia, middle ear infection, infection of a paranasal sinus, infection of the nasopharynx.
Contraindications of Mucolite Drops 15ml
If you are known to be allergic to Ambroxol or any excipients or develop it after consuming Mucolite.
Side effects of Mucolite Drops 15ml
- Stomach pain
- Runny nose
- Some allergic reactions (uncommon)
- Constipation (rare)
- Acidity (rare)
- Pain during passing urine (rare)
Precautions and Warnings of Mucolite Drops 15ml
Can I take Mucolite Drops during pregnancy?
Mucolite Drops are not recommended to be used during pregnancy due to limited safety information available and especially during the first three months as the baby's organs and other parts form during this phase and it can impact the growth of the foetus. It is relatively safe to use after 7 months of pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor after outweighing the benefits over risk.
Can I take Mucolite Drops while breastfeeding?
Components of Mucolite Drops passes into breastmilk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence, this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mucolite Drops?
There is limited information about the effects of Mucolite Drops on driving. However, if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Mucolite Drops?
There is no information about the interaction of Mucolite Drops directly with alcohol. The breakdown of this medicine in the body takes place mostly in the liver, which is damaged by alcohol. It is advisable not to consume alcohol with these drops.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have stomach ulcers.
- You have reduced mucous secretions.
- You have little or no cough production.
- You have any respiratory tract infections.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You are taking any other medicine to treat your cough or cold.
- You develop any serious skin allergy after taking Mucolite Drops.
Mode of Action of Mucolite Drops 15ml
How Does It Work?
Mucolite acts on the inner lining of the respiratory tract and causes an increase in secretions of the respiratory tract. It also stimulates certain cells in the respiratory tract, which help in expectoration (coughing out the respiratory secretions). Thus, by increasing the surfactant secretion and facilitating its removal, it helps to remove respiratory secretions easily and ultimately reduces cough.
Directions for Use of Mucolite Drops 15ml
- You should take Mucolite Drops as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you took these drops with meals.
- Your physician will decide the amount of this medicine and its frequency.
- If the cough persists for more than 14 days, contact your physician at the earliest.
Interactions of Mucolite Drops 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat cough or cold (cough suppressant) with Mucolite Drops may affect the removal of liquified mucus by inhibiting coughing and cause congestion (stuffy nose).
- Concentrations of certain antibiotics like Amoxicillin, Cefuroxime and Erythromycin are increased in the sputum when taken concomitantly with these drops.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
There is no known interaction of Mucolite Drops with any particular food. However, the patient is advised to avoid spicy, cold and oily foodstuffs to avoid irritation to the throat.
Storage and disposal of Mucolite Drops 15ml
- Store Mucolite Drops below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different coloured in any way or if any particles are present.
Dosage of Mucolite Drops 15ml
If you think you have taken too much of Mucolite Drops, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you took the doses at the appropriate time for the desired effect.
- If you forget to take a dose, it should be taken as soon as you remember unless it is nearly time for your next dose.
- In this case, you should skip the missed dose, take the remaining dose as normal. It would be best if you do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is a cough?
A: Cough is a natural reflex of the body to remove any substance that irritates the respiratory tract.
Q: Can I use Mucolite Drops for COVID-19?
A: No, the best practice is to visit a doctor if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or tested positive and avoid self-medication which can place you and your surroundings at unknown risks.
Q: I have a habit of smoking and have cough during a session of smoking. Can I use Mucolite Drops for such a cough?
A: Yes, you can use these drops for cough due to smoking. However, avoid smoking if you have a persistent cough due to smoking and consult a doctor for any underlying disease.
Q: Can I use Mucolite Drops for asthma?
A: Mucolite Drops may not benefit in controlling asthma during asthmatic attacks. However, it can help in clearing the sputum from the throat and airways.
Q: Is Mucolite an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic. Mucolite Drops contain Ambroxol which belongs to a class of medicines called mucolytics used for relieving cough.
Q: Is Mucolite drops habit forming?
A: Mucolite cough drops do not contain any substances reported to become habit-forming. However, it is advised that these drops should not be used more than the prescribed time. It should not be used in any cough without consultation from a registered medical practitioner.
Q: Do Mucolite drops cause sleepiness or drowsiness?
A: Mucolite Drops in itself does not contain substances which can cause you to feel sleepy. However, if you have been prescribed multiple medicines, it is better to ask in advance to your treating physician about which of the medications can make you feel sleepy.
Q: Can Mucolite drops be used in children?
A: In the prescribed doses, Mucolite Drops for babies is relatively safe. However, children should not be started this drops without consulting a child health specialist who will also decide the dosage to be given.
Q: Is it okay, if I give half my dose of Mucolite drops to my children?
A: No, children are not small adults. Their body processes are in an elementary stage. Also, they respond to medicines in a different way than adults. Therefore, it is advisable to use the medicines as per the doses prescribed by a child health specialist.
Q: What if one stops taking Mucolite Drops?
A: If Mucolite Drops is stopped before the prescribed time, this may affect the effectiveness of this medicine and may lead to cough not being cured. Also, it is advisable not to start this drops on one’s own wish without having a proper consultation with one’s treating physician.
Last Updated on: 05 Dec 2020 | 01:57 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved