Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
60ml Skin Solution in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mintop Forte 5% Solution contains minoxidil. It dilates the blood vessels and stimulates hair growth on the scalp. It is used in the treatment of hair loss. Using more than the advised amount is not going to increase hair growth. It may take a few months before you see results. Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth. In case it gets into any of these, immediately wash with water. Please do not use it during pregnancy and breastfeeding. If you have heart diseases or high blood pressure, consult with your doctor before using the same.
Uses of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
Mintop Forte 5% Solution is used for the treatment of hair loss.
Contraindications of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- If you are allergic to minoxidil or other components of Mintop Forte 5% solution.
- Do not use if you have a hypertension problem.
- Do not use it when you have any scalp abnormality like scalp psoriasis.
- Do not use if you have a shaved scalp.
- Do not use Mintop Forte during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- If you are using any other topical medicines or occlusive dressings on your scalp, then do not use Mintop forte.
- Do not use if your age is more than 65 years or less than 18 years.
Side effects of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- Growth of unwanted facial hair or body
Precautions and Warnings of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
Can I apply Mintop Forte Solution during pregnancy?
There is a lack of sufficient data suggesting the safety of Mintop Forte 5% solution during pregnancy. Therefore, it should not be used by pregnant women.
Can I apply Mintop Forte Solution while breastfeeding?
Mintop Forte 5% solution, when used for a prolonged duration on a larger area, can be absorbed and secreted in breast milk. Hence, it is better to avoid this solution while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Mintop Forte Solution?
It may cause dizziness; therefore, if you feel dizzy after applying Mintop Forte 5% solution, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Mintop Forte Solution?
There is no known interaction of Mintop Forte 5% solution with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop chest pain, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, or rash, immediately seek medical help.
- Mintop Forte Solution is recommended only for male pattern baldness. Do not use it if you have sudden and patchy hair loss and hair loss due to childbirth.
- Patients with known heart disease or high blood pressure should take their doctor's opinion before using Mintop Forte Solution.
- Mintop Forte Solution should not be used on any body parts other than the scalp.
- You observe no hair growth even after using for four months then seek your doctor's advice.
Mode of Action of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
How Does It Work?
Minoxidil dilates the blood vessels on the scalp. It increases the blood circulation to hair follicles and promotes their growth.
Directions for Use of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- Apply Mintop Forte 5% Solution when your scalp and hair are completely dry.
- Apply the amount advised to the area of the scalp being treated, beginning with the centre of the area using the applicator provided.
- Do not shampoo your hair for 4 hours after applying Mintop Forte Solution.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying this solution.
- Mintop Forte Solution is for use on the scalp only. This medicine should be kept away from the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash the area thoroughly with cold water, if the medicine gets into our eyes.
- Do not use a hairdryer after applying Mintop forte.
- Applying more than advised or more often is not going to be more effective.
Interactions of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
Do not use corticosteroids, tretinoin, or dithranol along with Mintop Forte solution, as it can lead to a fall in blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- Store Mintop Forte Solution below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Discard Mintop solution when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- Mintop Forte Solution is only for external use and should not be swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion or applied over larger areas for a prolonged time, consult a doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms.read less
- Signs and symptoms of Mntop forte overdose would be swelling of face, hands, and feet, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, dizziness, and weakness.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Mintop Forte Solution, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this solution to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a hairdryer after applying Mintop Forte Solution?
- Do not use a hairdryer to dry the scalp after you apply Mintop Forte 5% Solution.
- Using a hairdryer on the scalp may decrease the effectiveness of treatment.
Q: Which shampoo should be used while using Mintop Forte Solution?
A: Follow a normal hair care routine. However, the use of mild and gentle shampoo is best for hair.
Q: How soon can I expect results after using Mintop Forte 5% Solution?
A: It may take twice daily applications for 4 months or more before evidence of hair growth can be expected.
Q: Can I get my hair wet after applying Mintop Forte Solution?
A: Allow Mintop Forte Solution to completely dry for 4 hours after applying it. After four hours you can wash your hair.
Q: Can Mintop be used by teenagers?
A: No, Mintop Forte 5% solution is not recommended to use in individuals under 18 years.
Q: What can I eat for healthy hair?
- Spinach: The main cause of hair fall is iron deficiency. Spinach is rich in iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, and protein. Spinach provides omega-3 acid, magnesium, potassium, and calcium. These are necessary to maintain a healthy scalp and lustrous hair.read less
- Carrot: Carrots contain Vitamin A that improves hair growth. Vitamin A deficiency causes dry and itchy scalp. Carrots add thickness to the hair, make hair lustrous, improve blood circulation, strengthen the hair, protect hair from external damage like pollution, and also help prevent breakage of hair and hair fall.read less
- Eggs: Hair is composed of 68 percent keratin protein and eggs help in rebuilding damaged hair. Eggs contain vitamin B called biotin that helps hair grow.
- Oats: Oats are rich in fibre, zinc, iron, omega-6 fatty acids, and polyunsaturated fatty acids, that stimulate hair growth and will make your hair thick and healthy.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are rich in biotin, B vitamins (B1, B6, and B9), Vitamin E, plenty of protein and magnesium they help to strengthen hair cuticles and nourish the scalp. It helps protect your cells from DNA damage which may be caused due to sun exposure.read less
- Lentils: Lentils are a great source of protein, iron, zinc, biotin, and folic acid which is necessary for restoring the health of red blood cells that supply the skin and scalp with much-needed oxygen.read less
- Chicken - Chicken is rich in high-quality protein which strengthens fragile hair and prevents breakage.
- Strawberries and guavas - Strawberries contain high levels of silica. Silica helps to strengthen hair, and it's growth. Other foods rich in silica include rice, oats, onion, cabbage, cucumber, and cauliflower.read less
- Vitamin C: It prevents hair from becoming brittle and breaking. While we often think of oranges as the best source of vitamin C, one guava packs four to five times as much.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains vitamin B5 and vitamin D that help to promote hair follicle health.
- Sweet potatoes: Beta carotene present in sweet potatoes produce an oily fluid called sebum, which prevents dry and dull hair. Orange coloured fruits and vegetables such as carrots, pumpkin, cantaloupe, mangoes, and sweet potatoes are a great source of it.read less
Q: Can I carry Mintop Forte Solution on a flight?
A: Mintop Forte Solution is inflammable. Inflammables are not allowed to carry in a flight.
Q: Can I comb my hair after applying Mintop Forte Solution?
A: Allow around 30 minutes for Mintop to absorb sufficiently into your scalp before you brush your hair. This will ensure the hairbrush removes no product.Do not dry your hair with a dryer after applying the solution.
Q: Can I apply hair oil after applying Mintop Forte Solution?
A: Apply Mintop Forte Solution and let it absorb for 2-4 hours or more after which you can apply hair oil.
Q: What are the causes of hair loss?
- Nutritional deficiencies: Iron, copper, zinc, and proteins are essential for hair growth. Vitamin D is another cause of hair loss. Soak up some sun to get vitamin D.
- Hormone imbalance: Excessive male hormones can cause hair loss.
- Thyroid diseases: An increase or decrease in the thyroid hormone may cause hair to fall.
- Birth control pills: Birth control pills may cause thinning of hair.
- Stress: Sudden hair loss may be caused by excess stress. Exercise, meditation yoga, and massages will reduce your chances of experiencing hair loss by reducing stress.
- Hairstyling products: Overtreated hair can lead to hair loss due to chemicals found in dyes and styling products.
- Ageing: As we age, the rate at which our hair grows tends to slow down. Hair strands get thinner and loose pigment, and hair becomes thinner, finer, and grey. Eating whole foods will help to keep your body youthful, and your hair healthy.read less
- Genetics: Genetic Hair loss is known as androgenetic alopecia and is known to be the most common cause of hair loss.
Q: Are there any side-effects of using Minitop Forte 5% solution?
- Some may experience headaches, itching and rash on the use of Minitop Forte 5% solution.
Q: I have high blood pressure. Can I use Minitop Forte 5% solution?
- No, Mintop Forte 5% solution is not recommended for patients suffering from high blood pressure.
Q: Can Minitop Forte 5% solution help with hair regrowth in the elderly?
- This medicine is not recommended in the elderly above 65 years of age, as chances of positive results are less. This medicine works best in young individuals (above 18 years of age) who have a short history of baldness.read less
Last Updated on: 16 Dec 2020 | 05:14 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved