Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
60ml Skin Solution in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mintop Forte 5% solution is used for the treatment of hair loss. It contains minoxidil as its main ingredient. It dilates the blood vessels and stimulates hair growth on the scalp. Using it more than
the advised amount is not going to increase hair growth. It may take a few months before you see results....
Uses of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
Mintop Forte 5% solution is used for the treatment of hair loss.
Contraindications of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- If you are allergic to minoxidil or other components of Mintop Forte 5% solution.
- If you have a hypertension problem.
- If have any scalp abnormality like scalp psoriasis.
- If you have a shaved scalp.
- Do not use it during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- If you are using any other topical medicines or occlusive dressings on your scalp, then do not use Mintop forte.
- Do not use if your age is more than 65 years or less than 18 years.
Side effects of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- Growth of unwanted facial hair or body
Precautions and Warnings of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
Can I apply Mintop Forte solution during pregnancy?
There is a lack of sufficient data suggesting the safety of Mintop Forte 5% solution during pregnancy. Therefore, it should not be used by pregnant women.
Can I apply Mintop Forte solution while breastfeeding?
Mintop Forte 5% solution, when used for a prolonged duration on a larger area, can be absorbed and secreted in breast milk. Hence, it is better to avoid this solution while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Mintop Forte solution?
It may cause dizziness; therefore, if you feel dizzy after applying Mintop Forte 5% solution, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Mintop Forte solution?
There is no known interaction of Mintop Forte 5% solution with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop chest pain, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, or rash, immediately seek medical help.
- Mintop Forte solution is recommended only for male pattern baldness. Do not use it if you have sudden and patchy hair loss and hair loss due to childbirth.
- Patients with known heart disease or high blood pressure should take their doctor's opinion before using Mintop Forte solution.
- Mintop Forte solution should not be used on any body parts other than the scalp.
- You observe no hair growth even after using for four months then seek your doctor's advice.
Mode of Action of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
How Does It Work?
Minoxidil dilates the blood vessels on the scalp. It increases the blood circulation to hair follicles and promotes their growth.
Directions for Use of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- Apply Mintop Forte 5% solution when your scalp and hair are completely dry.
- Apply the amount advised to the area of the scalp being treated, beginning with the centre of the area using the applicator provided.
- Do not shampoo your hair for 4 hours after applying Mintop Forte solution.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying this solution.
- Mintop Forte solution is for use on the scalp only. This medicine should be kept away from the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash the area thoroughly with cold water, if the medicine gets into our eyes.
- Do not use a hairdryer after applying Mintop forte.
- Applying more than advised or more often is not going to be more effective.
Interactions of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Mintop Forte 5% solution may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....Read more
- Especially if you are already using any other medicines or topical formulation for hair.
- Do not use corticosteroids, tretinoin, or dithranol along with Mintop Forte solution, as it can lead to a fall in blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- Store Mintop Forte solution below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Discard Mintop solution when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Mintop Forte 5% Solution 60ml
- Mintop Forte solution is only for external use and should not be swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion or applied over larger areas for a prolonged time, consult a doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms....Read more
- Signs and symptoms of Mntop forte overdose would be swelling of face, hands, and feet, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, dizziness, and weakness.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Mintop Forte solution, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this solution to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a hairdryer after applying Mintop Forte solution?
- Do not use a hairdryer to dry the scalp after you apply Mintop Forte 5% solution.
- Using a hairdryer on the scalp may decrease the effectiveness of treatment.
Q: Which shampoo should be used while using Mintop Forte solution?
A: Follow a normal hair care routine. However, the use of mild and gentle shampoo is best for hair.
Q: How soon can I expect results after using Mintop Forte 5% solution?
A: It may take twice daily applications for 4 months or more before evidence of hair growth can be expected.
Q: Can I get my hair wet after applying Mintop Forte solution?
A: Allow Mintop Forte solution to completely dry for 4 hours after applying it. After four hours you can wash your hair.
Q: Can Mintop be used by teenagers?
A: No, Mintop Forte 5% solution is not recommended to use in individuals under 18 years.
Q: What can I eat for healthy hair?
- The diet should include spinach, carrots, eggs, oats, walnuts, lentils, chicken, strawberries and guavas, vitamin C, yogurt, sweet potatoes.
- Orange coloured fruits and vegetables such as carrots, pumpkin, cantaloupe, mangoes, and sweet potatoes are a great source of it.
Q: Can I comb my hair after applying Mintop Forte solution?
A: Allow it for around 30 minutes for Mintop to absorb sufficiently into your scalp before you brush your hair. This will ensure the hairbrush removes no product. Do not dry your hair with a dryer after applying the solution.
Q: What are the causes of hair loss?
- There are several reasons for hair loss such as nutritional deficiencies, hormone imbalance, thyroid diseases, birth control pills, stress, hairstyling products, ageing etc.
- Genetics is also one of the major reason for hair loss: Genetic Hair loss is known as androgenetic alopecia and is known to be the most common cause of hair loss.
Q: Can Minitop Forte 5% solution help with hair regrowth in the elderly?
A: This medicine is not recommended in the elderly above 65 years of age, as chances of positive results are less. This medicine works best in young individuals (above 18 years of age) who have a short history of baldness.
- Boots Hair Loss Treatment Regular Strength - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021].
- Minoxidil (Topical Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 September 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 Sept 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 06 Sep 2021 | 11:56 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved