Melzap Md 1mg Tablets
Melzap 1 MG Description
Melzap MD is a prescription medication. It is used to treat epilepsy (seizure disorders) and panic disorders. Melzap MD constitutes the medicine Clonazepam (1mg). Epilepsy is a neurological condit
ion characterised by the presence of seizures or convulsions. This occurs due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain, and as a result, signals are transmitted without regulation resulting in the symptoms like abnormal movements of limbs, uprolling of eyes, blank vacant stare, frothing at the mouth, tongue bite, loss of consciousness, the involuntary passage of urine or stools, etc. Epilepsy is a condition that requires long-term treatment and management with pharmacological agents called anti-epileptics. Panic disorders are a type of anxiety disorder. Patients experience the occurrence of unexpected panic attacks, often occurring repeatedly. A panic attack can be associated with increased sweating, difficulty in breathing, chest pain, palpitations, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, light-headedness, fear of losing control, and fear of imminent danger and impending doom. Panic disorders require sustained treatment to improve the patient's quality of life.
|You Save||₹7.14 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment Of Seizure Disorder, Panic Disorder|
|Side effects||Lethargy, Fatigue, Drowsiness, Impaired Coordination & Balance, Dizziness|
Uses of Melzap 1 MG
- Treatment of Epilepsy
- Treatment of Panic disorders
Contraindications of Melzap 1 MG
- If you are hypersensitive to Clonazepam or other benzodiazepines or any components in this tablet.
- If you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma
- If you have respiratory insufficiency
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have underlying kidney failure.
- If you have a congenital blood condition called porphyria is contraindicated.
- If you have myasthenia gravis.
- If you are a patient with impaired consciousness and coma.
- If you have a history of depression and suicidal ideation.
Side effects of Melzap 1 MG
- Sleepiness & Drowsiness
- Impaired coordination & balance
Precautions and Warnings of Melzap 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are taking any other medications, as they may interfere with the efficacy of Melzap MD.
- You experience any mood changes while using this medicine.
- You have a history of addiction or substance use.
Mode of Action of Melzap 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Melzap 1 MG
- Take Melzap MD as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it for the entire duration of the prescription.
- Taking this tablet at the same time every day is beneficial.
- Swallow this tablet whole. Do not break, crush, or chew this tablet.
- Abruptly stopping this medicine can cause withdrawal symptoms.
- It can require a few weeks of continuous usage for optimal effects to manifest.
- This medication has habit-forming tendencies; hence it is recommended to follow the directions of your treating physician precisely and have regular follow-ups.
Interactions of Melzap 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- It is strictly contraindicated to mix Melzap MD with other CNS depressants like alcohol. It can negate the effects of anti-epileptics and can also cause life-threatening adverse effects like profound sedation, respiratory difficulty, coma, and can result in death....
- Do not use Melzap MD with opioids (like morphine, tramadol etc.). It is contraindicated as it can cause respiratory depression (failure of breathing), coma and death.
- Inform your physician regarding your current medications at the time of prescription of Melzap MD.
Storage and disposal of Melzap 1 MG
Dosage of Melzap 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)