Lopez 2 MG Description
Injection Lopez is administered in cases of epilepsy and anxiety disorders. Epilepsy, commonly known as fits, is a condition that results from abnormal activity of the brain cells causing seizures
nd unusual behaviour. It may also cause temporary loss of consciousness. Anxiety disorder is a mental disorder in which the person feels fear and anxiety out of proportion to the situation, which interferes with their ability to function normally. Injection Lopez treats these conditions by bringing changes in the chemical messengers in the brain and thereby reducing abnormal activity in the nerve cells. It also increases hormones responsible for relieving anxiety and relaxing tense muscles. The active ingredient in Lopez injection is lorazepam. It brings about a calming effect in the brain, relaxes muscles, and alleviates anxiety. It produces deep sleep and controls seizures. Some side effects of Injection Lopez include headache, sleepiness, tiredness, muscle weakness, loss of balance, and blurred vision. This injection should be administered only on the recommendation of a doctor.
|You Save||₹2.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Epilepsy, Anxiety disorders, Before surgery|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Confusion, Delirium, Hallucination, Unsteady walk, Poor coordination, Low blood pressure, Breathing problems|
Uses of Lopez 2 MG
- Injection Lopez is used for:
- Severe anxiety disorder
- Premedication before surgery
Contraindications of Lopez 2 MG
- Injection Lopez should not be administered or administered with caution:
- If you have a history of allergy to lorazepam.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have heart problems.
- If you have a respiratory disease.
- If you have glaucoma.
- If you have myasthenia gravis (a condition causing weakness of muscles).
- If you have sleep apnea (a sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts).
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a history of drug abuse or alcohol addiction.
Side effects of Lopez 2 MG
- Common side effects of Injection Lopez include:
- Cognitive slowing
- Weakness of muscles
- Loss of balance
- Blurred vision
- Rare and side effects of Injection Lopez include:
- Yellow discolouration of urine, eyes, and skin (jaundice)
- Restlessness and excitedness
- Fever and chills
- Pounding sensation in the ears
- Difficulty in remembering things
- Breathing problem
- Allergic reactions such as rashes, hives, choking sensations, feeling tightness in the chest, swelling of face, eyes, tongue, and lips
- Consult your physician immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
Precautions and Warnings of Lopez 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to benzodiazepines.
- You have liver disease, kidney disease, breathing problems, or heart problems.
Mode of Action of Lopez 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lopez 2 MG
- Lopez Injection should be administered only on the prescription of a doctor.
Interactions of Lopez 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Injection Lopez can interact with other medicines.
- Antidepressants such as desipramine, risperidone, atomoxetine, and monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Antihistamines such as chlorpheniramine, promethazine, and levocetirizine
- Strong painkillers such as codeine, morphine, oxycodone, tramadol, methadone, pethidine, fentanyl, and gabapentin
- HIV medicines such as ritonavir, atazanavir, efavirenz, and saquinavir
- Medicines used for acidity or vomiting such as omeprazole, esomeprazole, and metoclopramide
- Muscle relaxants like baclofen and tizanidine
- Theophylline used for breathing problem
- Isoniazid and rifampicin used in the treatment of tuberculosis
- Fluconazole used in the treatment of fungal infections
- Other drugs used for epilepsy such as phenytoin, phenobarbital, and sodium valproate
- Drugs like levodopa used to treat Parkinson’s disease
Interactions with food items
- Food doesn’t interfere with the absorption of Injection Lopez. Continue with your usual diet. This injection can be given with or without food. Avoid caffeine, tea, cola as they are stimulants and decrease the effect of Lopez. Avoid smoking....