Larpose 2mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Larpose 2 MG Description
Larpose Tablet contains an active ingredient called lorazepam which belongs to a class of medications known as benzodiazepines. This medicine acts on the brain and nerves (central nervous system). It
is an intermediate-acting tranquilliser that interferes with the natural state of certain neurotransmitters called gamma-aminobutyric (GABA). Lorazepam binds to these GABA receptors and enhances the GABA enhanced synaptic inhibition, responsible for its calmness and sedation effects.
|You Save||₹3.43 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Insomnia, Anxiety disorders, Status epilepticus, Panic attacks and disorders Before surgery, Premenstrual syndrome, Phobias, Nausea due to chemotherapy|
|Side effects||Sedation, Drowsiness, Headaches, Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Irritability, Difficulty concentration, Memory loss, Impaired judgement, Ataxia, Constipation, Depression, Blurred vision, Talkativeness, Nausea, Vomiting, Low, Blood pressure, Increased salivations, Nasal congestion|
Check more medicines with composition as Lorazepam(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Larpose 2 MG
- Anxiety disorders
- Status epilepticus
- Panic attacks and disorders
- Before surgery
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome
Contraindications of Larpose 2 MG
If you are allergic to lorazepam If you have liver problems If you have respiratory depression If you have glaucoma (optic nerve damage) If you are using it with opioids If you are a chronic alcoholic If you have sleep apnoea If you have chronic respiratory illness If you have myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease) If you have medicine dependency or medicine abuse If you have kidney disease If you have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)...
Side effects of Larpose 2 MG
- Difficulty concentration
- Memory loss
- Impaired judgement
- Blurred vision
- Low blood pressure
- Increased salivation
- Nasal congestion
Precautions and Warnings of Larpose 2 MG
Can I take Larpose Tablet during pregnancy?
No, avoid taking Larpose Tablet during pregnancy since it is a category D medicine. There are certain teratogenic or foetus-harming substances in the medicine. Therefore the use of this medicine during pregnancy is not recommended. If a benzodiazepine is required, a medicine other than Larpose can be preferred. Consult a doctor or a gynaecologist before starting any benzodiazepine during pregnancy. Never self prescribe, or self medicate.
Can I take Larpose Tablet while breastfeeding?
No, Larpose Tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding as lorazepam is secreted in breast milk. It may cause withdrawal symptoms in the baby. If a benzodiazepine is required, a medicine other than Larpose can be preferred. Consult a doctor or a gynaecologist before starting any benzodiazepine during pregnancy. Never self prescribe, or self medicate.
Can I drive if I have taken Larpose Tablet?
Avoid driving if you have taken tablet Larpose Tablet as it will cause sedation, drowsiness, dizziness, impaired judgement, and fainting.
Can I consume alcohol with Larpose Tablet?
No, avoid consuming alcohol while taking Larpose Tablet as it will cause sedation, drowsiness, respiratory depression, slow and shallow breathing. Serious drinking of alcohol while taking Larpose Tablet may result in a coma.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to lorazepam.
- You have liver disease.
- You have kidney disease.
- You have a history of medicine abuse or dependence.
- You are a chronic alcoholic.
- You have sleep apnea.
- You have lung issues like Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- You have depression.
- You have narrow-angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Larpose 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine that binds itself to a Gamma-aminobutyric (GABA) receptor present in the postsynaptic neuron and enhances its inhibitory action. The increased neuronal excitability to chloride ions results in hyperpolarisation of the neuronal membrane and results in stabilisation....
Directions for Use of Larpose 2 MG
- Take medicine as directed by your physician.
- You can take Larpose Tablet with or without food.
- Take the tablet orally and swallow it whole.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the pill.
- Do not share your medicine with anyone.
- You can also take the tablet sublingually by keeping it below your tongue for faster disintegration.
Interactions of Larpose 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Opioids like fentanyl, morphine, codeine
- CYP3A4 Inhibitors like Ketoconazole, Clarithromycin, Itraconazole, Erythromycin, Ritonavir, Verapamil, Diltiazem
- SSRIs like sertraline, fluoxetine, etc.
- TCA like imipramine
- Antipsychotics like risperidone, clozapine
- Antihistamines and muscle relaxants
Interactions with food items
- Avoid consuming grapefruit juice with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Larpose 2 MG
Store Larpose in a dry, cool place away from heat and humidity. Keep the tablets in the same packing as they came. Keep them out of reach of children and pets. The pills that are not needed anymore should be safely disposed of to avoid accidental usage. They should not be flushed in the toilet....
Dosage of Larpose 2 MG
- Overdose of Larpose Tablet can result in drowsiness, respiratory depression, slowed breathing, sedation, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, insomnia, headache, sweating, delirium, slurred speech, coma, muscle fatigue, ataxia, feeling lightheaded, fainting, and shallow breath. Consult your physician in case of an overdose or rush to emergency medical services....
Missed a Dose
If one misses a dose, one should take the missed dose as soon as one remembers. If it's time for the next dose, one should continue with the regular dosage. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Raj Mehta
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time does it take for Larpose Tablet to start showing its effect?
A: It takes around 30 mins to 1 hour for Larpose Tablet or lorazepam to show its effect clinically when taken orally. The onset of action is even faster if lorazepam is taken through the intravenous or intramuscular route. It has a total duration of action of around 11-20 hours.
Q: Can I take Larpose Tablet if I have kidney disease?
- Tablet Larpose can be taken in case of mild to moderate kidney disease. In cases of severe kidney disease, your doctor may advise you not to take the medicine or may readjust the dose based on clinical indications. Always consult a doctor before taking this medicine if you have kidney disease....
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed