Geroz Ampoule Of 5ml Injection
Geroz 20 MG/ML Description
Geroz Injection is a prescription medication primarily used for the management of iron-deficiency anaemia in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Iron deficiency anaemia is the most common typ
e of anaemia in which the body does not have enough red blood cells for carrying adequate oxygen required to various body tissues due to a low level of iron in the body. Geroz Injection contains Iron Sucrose as an active ingredient. Iron Sucrose injection belongs to a class of medications called iron replacement products. This medicine works by replenishing iron stores so that the body can make more red blood cells and haemoglobin. Geroz Injection is generally given under the supervision of a healthcare provider and should not be self-administered at home. The doctor will decide the dosage and duration of this medication depending on the symptoms of the disease and the severity of anaemia. It is advisable to eat iron-rich foods such as meat, eggs, raisins, dates, green leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and lentils while taking Geroz Injection.
- Feronia 100mg Ampoule Of 5ml InjectionBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd5ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 300.08₹ 300.08₹
- Rubired S 5 Ampoule Of 5ml InjectionBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals5ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 251.79₹ 251.79₹
- Irozorb S Ampoule Of 5ml InjectionBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals5ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 250.45₹ 250.45₹
- Orofer S Ampoule Of 2.5ml InjectionBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2.5ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 150.84₹ 120.67₹
Uses of Geroz 20 MG/ML
- As per CDSCO, Geroz Injection can be used for -
- Management of Iron-deficiency Anaemia.
Contraindications of Geroz 20 MG/ML
- If you are allergic to any component of the Geroz Injection, i.e. Iron Sucrose.
- If you have iron overload disorders like Hemochromatosis.
- If you have low Blood Pressure.
- If you have Rheumatoid Arthritis (joint pain).
- If you have Eczema (a skin condition).
- If you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an allergic skin reaction).
- If you have severe liver and kidney disease.
Side effects of Geroz 20 MG/ML
- Feeling Sick
- Changes in Taste
- Muscle Cramps
- Pain at the Injection Site
Precautions and Warnings of Geroz 20 MG/ML
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Geroz Injection.
- You experience any severe side effects persistently.
- You have mild or severe liver and kidney disease; this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy during the course of treatment.
- You use any herbal or ayurvedic medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of Geroz 20 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Geroz 20 MG/ML
- Geroz Injection should be used as directed by your treating physician.
- Geroz Injection should be administered under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
- Geroz Injection should be administered intravenously. It may be given as a slow intravenous injection by an intravenous drip infusion.
- Geroz Injection should not be used unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Do not take Geroz Injection with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not self-administer Geroz Injection.
- Your doctor will:
- Wash Hands carefully before administering Geroz Injection
- Shake the Vial before using it
- Clean the site of injection with Rubbing Alcohol before injecting Geroz Injection
Interactions of Geroz 20 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about all your prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements, you are consuming or planning to take as there is a chance of drug interaction. ...
- Concomitant administration of Geroz Injection may reduce the absorption of oral iron preparations.
Storage and disposal of Geroz 20 MG/ML
Dosage of Geroz 20 MG/ML
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What dietary advice should I follow while taking Geroz Injection?
Q: For how much duration do I need to take Geroz Injection?
Q: Will taking Geroz Injection more than the recommended dose resolve anaemia quickly?
- Cançado R, Muñoz M. Intravenous iron therapy. Revista Brasileira de Hematologia e Hemoterapia [Internet]. 2011 [cited 26 March 2022];33(6):461-469. Available from:
- Venofer (iron sucrose) 20 mg iron / ml, solution for injection or concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from:
- DailyMed - VENOFER- iron sucrose injection, solution [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Iron Sucrose Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. Rxlist.com. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 26 March 2022]. Available from: