Fluka 150mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Fluka 150 Tablet contains Fluconazole, which is an antifungal. It is an anti-fungal medicine used to treat various fungal infections such as candida infection. It is also used to prevent the occurrence of fungal infections in cancer patients. Fluka-150 Tablet works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall of infection-causing fungus. You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to Fluconazole or other similar anti-fungal medication. Some common side effects of Fluka 150 mg tablet are headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. Patients with liver function problem and heart disorder should discuss their condition before taking this medicine. This medicine should not be used by pregnant women unless needed or in case of life-threatening infection.
Uses of Fluka 150mg Tablet
Fluka 150 Tablet is used to treat fungal infections.
Contraindications of Fluka 150mg Tablet
- You are allergic to Fluconazole or any other ingredient of this medicine
- You are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin
Side effects of Fluka 150mg Tablet
- Increased liver enzymes
- Skin rash
- Liver damage (loss of appetite, vomiting, yellowing of your skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Fluka 150mg Tablet
Can I take Fluka 150 Tablet during pregnancy?
- Fluka 150 tablet is unsafe during pregnancy. You should not take Fluconazole if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. During pregnancy, it may increase the risk of miscarriage while large doses may cause severe birth defects.read less
- If you are taking this tablet, then use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
Can I take Fluka 150 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Fluka 150 passes into human milk. Breastfeeding can be continued after a single dose; however, if you are taking this tablet repeatedly or in high doses, breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Fluka 150 Tablet?
- You may experience dizziness or fits while taking Fluka 150 Tablet.
- If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Fluka 150 Tablet?
Avoid excess alcohol while taking Fluka 150 tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease or kidney disease
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood
- You have severe skin reactions
- You have adrenal insufficiency (condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
Mode of Action of Fluka 150mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Fluka 150 blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme.
- Thus, the fungi stop multiplying or die because of non-formation of complete cell membrane.
- It is not effective against virus or bacteria.
Interactions of Fluka 150mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Serious interaction - Terfenadine, Voriconazole, Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Ranolazine, Lomitapide, Donepezil, Pimozide and Quinidine. Never take Fluconazole with these medicines. When used with Fluconazole, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes).read less
- Medicines used as anaesthetic like Alfentanil, Fentanyl
- Medicines used to treat depression like Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline
- Blood thinners like Warfarin
- Medicines for anxiety, like Benzodiazepines (Midazolam, Triazolam)
- Medicines to treat fits like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine
- Medicines for high blood pressure like Nifedipine, Isradipine, Amlodipine, Felodipine and Losartan
- Medicines used for treating ovarian cancer (Olaparib)
- Medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection like Ciclosporin, Everolimus, Sirolimus or Tacrolimus
- Medicines used for treating cancer (Vincristine, Vinblastine)
- Medicines used for reducing high cholesterol level (Atorvastatin, Simvastatin, and Fluvastatin)
- Medicines for treating pain and inflammation like Celecoxib, Flurbiprofen, Naproxen, Ibuprofen
- Effect of contraceptive pills might be reduced. Addition of barrier form of contraception is needed
- Medicines for HIV (Saquinavir)
- Medicines to control diabetes like Chlorpropamide, Glibenclamide, Glipizide or Tolbutamide
- Medicines to control asthma (Theophylline)
- Medicines for treating rheumatoid arthritis (Tofacitinib)
- Medicines to treat cystic fibrosis (Ivacaftor)
- Diuretics like Hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats (Amiodarone)
Interactions with food items
Fluka 150 mg tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Fluka 150mg Tablet
- Do not store Fluka 150 mg tablet above 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Fluka 150mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose of Fluka-150 Tablet may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour).
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose, or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Fluka-150 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Fluka 150 Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- Fluka 150 Tablet can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: I have cough, cold, flu, can I take Fluka-150 mg medicine?
A: No, flu mostly occurs due to viruses. Fluka-150 mg medicine works against fungus and not viruses. Take it only if prescribed by your doctor for the complete duration of treatment.
Q: How to take Fluka 150 tablet?
A: You should take Fluka 150 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. You can take it with or without food but should be taken regularly at the same time as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take Fluka 150 tablet daily?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration and frequency of Fluka 150 mg tablet after accessing your condition. Do not take this medicine on your own or for a longer duration than prescribed.
Q: Is Fluka-150 an antibiotic?
A: No, Fluka-150 is not an antibiotic; it is an anti-fungal medicine.
Q: Why do we use Fluka 150 tablet?
A: Fluka 150 tablet is used to treat various types of fungal infections.
Q: Can I stop taking Fluka 150 tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Fluka 150 tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and may produce side effects as well.
Q: Is Fluka 150 tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Fluka 150 mg tablet is not habit-forming.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 05:33 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved