Fluka 150mg Tablet
Fluka 150 MG Description
Fluka 150 tablet is used to treat various fungal infections such as candida infection. It is an antifungal medicine containing fluconazole as its active medicine. Fluka-150 tablet works by inhibiting
the formation of the cell wall of the infection-causing fungus. You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to fluconazole or other similar antifungal medication. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed timing to gain optimal benefits. Always complete the entire course of the treatment with Fluka 150 tablet, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and increased risk of re-infection. Some common side effects of the Fluka 150 mg tablet are headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Patients with liver function problems and heart disorder should discuss their condition before taking this medicine. Fluka 150 tablets should not be used by pregnant women unless needed or in case of a life-threatening infection.
Uses of Fluka 150 MG
Contraindications of Fluka 150 MG
- If you are allergic to fluconazole or any other ingredient of Fluka 150 tablet.
- If you are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin.
Side effects of Fluka 150 MG
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Fluka 150 MG
- Fluka 150 tablet is unsafe during pregnancy. You should not take Fluconazole if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. During pregnancy, it may increase the risk of miscarriage while large doses may cause severe birth defects....
- If you are taking this tablet, then use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
- You may experience dizziness or fits while taking Fluka 150 Tablet.
- If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this tablet.
Other General Warnings
- You have liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythms.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood.
- You have severe skin reactions.
- You have adrenal insufficiency (a condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
Directions for Use of Fluka 150 MG
- Fluka 150 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Fluka 150 MG
- Do not store Fluka 150 mg tablet above 25°C.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fluka 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Fluka 150 MG
How Does It Work?
- Fluka 150 blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme.
- Thus, the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane.
- It is not effective against viruses or bacteria.
Interactions of Fluka 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Serious interaction - Terfenadine, Voriconazole, Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Ranolazine, Lomitapide, Donepezil, Pimozide and Quinidine. Never take Fluconazole with these medicines. When used with Fluconazole, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes)....
- The effect of medicines used as anaesthetic like Alfentanil, Fentanyl was increased leading to increased side effects when used together with Fluka 150 tablet.
- There is an increase in the effect of medicines used to treat psychotic disorders like Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline thereby resulting in more side effects when used with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of blood thinners like Warfarin and Fluka 150 tablet may increase the risk of bleeding.
- The effects of medicines for psychotic disorders like Benzodiazepines (Midazolam, Triazolam) are increased when used together with this medicine leading to increased side effects.
- The effect of medicines to treat fits like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine is increased on concomitant use with Fluka 150 tablet. This can increase the side effects of phenytoin.
- Fluka 150 tablet increases the effect of medicines used for treating cancer such as Olaparib, Vinca alkaloids, medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection like Ciclosporin when used together....
- Medicines used for reducing high cholesterol levels such as Atorvastatin when used together with Fluka 150 tablet may increase the risk of muscle weakness (Myopathy).
- The side effects associated with medicines for treating pain and inflammation like ibuprofen such as ulcers increase when used together with Fluka 150 tablet.
- The effect of contraceptive pills might be reduced. The addition of a barrier form of contraception is needed.
- The effect of antidiabetic medicines like Chlorpropamide, Glibenclamide, is increased and this leads to the lowering of blood glucose levels when used together with this medicine.
- Fluka 150 tablet when used together with medicines to control asthma such as Theophylline may increase the side effects associated with theophylline.
- There is an increased risk of heart-related side effects when Fluka 150 tablet is used together with medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats such as Amiodarone.
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Fluka 150 tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- Fluka 150 tablet can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: I have a cough, cold, flu, can I take Fluka-150 mg medicine?
Q: How to take Fluka 150 tablet?
Q: Can I take Fluka 150 tablet daily?
Q: Is Fluka-150 an antibiotic?
Q: Why do we use Fluka 150 tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Fluka 150 tablet on my own?
Q: Can I take the Fluka 150 for a long duration?
Q: What is the composition of the Fluka 150?
Q: Does Fluka 150 tablet treat urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: When should I take Fluka 150?
- Diflucan 150 Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 December 2021]
- Diflucan 150 Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 December 2021]
- DIFLUCAN (Fluconazole Tablets) USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 3 December 2021]
- FLUCONAZOLE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 December 2021]