Fluka 150mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fluka 150 tablet is used to treat various fungal infections such as candida infection. It is an antifungal medicine containing fluconazole as its active medicine. Fluka-150 tablet works by inhibiting
the formation of the cell wall of the infection-causing fungus. You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to fluconazole or other similar anti-fungal medication. Some common side effects of the Fluka 150 mg tablet are headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Patients with liver function problems and heart disorder should discuss their condition before taking this medicine. Fluka 150 tablets should not be used by pregnant women unless needed or in case of a life-threatening infection....
Uses of Fluka 150mg Tablet
Fluka 150 tablet is used to treat fungal infections.
Contraindications of Fluka 150mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to fluconazole or any other ingredient of Fluka 150 tablet.
- If you are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin.
Side effects of Fluka 150mg Tablet
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Fluka 150mg Tablet
Can I take Fluka 150 tablet during pregnancy?
- Fluka 150 tablet is unsafe during pregnancy. You should not take Fluconazole if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. During pregnancy, it may increase the risk of miscarriage while large dosesmay cause severe birth defects....Read more
- If you are taking this tablet, then use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
Can I take Fluka 150 tablet while breastfeeding?
Fluka 150 passes into human milk. Breastfeeding can be continued after a single dose; however, if you are taking this tablet repeatedly or in high doses, breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Fluka 150 tablet?
- You may experience dizziness or fits while taking Fluka 150 Tablet.
- If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Fluka 150 tablet?
Avoid excess alcohol while taking Fluka 150 tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythms.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood.
- You have severe skin reactions.
- You have adrenal insufficiency (a condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
Mode of Action of Fluka 150mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Fluka 150 blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme.
- Thus, the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane.
- It is not effective against viruses or bacteria.
Directions for Use of Fluka 150mg Tablet
- Fluka 150 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Fluka 150mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Serious interaction - Terfenadine, Voriconazole, Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Ranolazine, Lomitapide, Donepezil, Pimozide and Quinidine. Never take Fluconazole with these medicines. When used with Fluconazole, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes)....Read more
- The effect of medicines used as anaesthetic like Alfentanil, Fentanyl was increased leading to increased side effects when used together with Fluka 150 tablet.
- There is an increase in the effect of medicines used to treat psychotic disorders like Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline thereby resulting in more side effects when used with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of blood thinners like Warfarin and Fluka 150 tablet may increase the risk of bleeding.
- The effects of medicines for psychotic disorders like Benzodiazepines (Midazolam, Triazolam) are increased when used together with this medicine leading to increased side effects.
- The effect of medicines to treat fits like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine is increased on concomitant use with Fluka 150 tablet. This can increase the side effects of phenytoin.
- Fluka 150 tablet increases the effect of medicines used for treating cancer such as Olaparib, Vinca alkaloids, medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection like Ciclosporin when used together....Read more
- Medicines used for reducing high cholesterol levels such as Atorvastatin when used together with Fluka 150 tablet may increase the risk of muscle weakness (Myopathy).
- The side effects associated with medicines for treating pain and inflammation like ibuprofen such as ulcers increase when used together with Fluka 150 tablet.
- The effect of contraceptive pills might be reduced. The addition of a barrier form of contraception is needed.
- The effect of antidiabetic medicines like Chlorpropamide, Glibenclamide, is increased and this leads to the lowering of blood glucose levels when used together with this medicine.
- Fluka 150 tablet when used together with medicines to control asthma such as Theophylline may increase the side effects associated with theophylline.
- There is an increased risk of heart-related side effects when Fluka 150 tablet is used together with medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats such as Amiodarone.
Interactions with food items
Fluka 150 mg tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Fluka 150mg Tablet
- Do not store Fluka 150 mg tablet above 25°C.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fluka 150mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Fluka-150 tablet may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour). Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose or rush to t
he nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Fluka-150 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a do
uble dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Fluka 150 tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- Fluka 150 tablet can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: I have a cough, cold, flu, can I take Fluka-150 mg medicine?
A: No, flu mostly occurs due to viruses. Fluka-150 mg medicine works against fungus and not viruses. Take it only if prescribed by your doctor for the complete duration of treatment.
Q: How to take Fluka 150 tablet?
A: You should take Fluka 150 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. You can take it with or without food but should be taken regularly at the same time as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take Fluka 150 tablet daily?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration and frequency of Fluka 150 mg tablet after accessing your condition. Do not take this medicine on your own or for a longer duration than prescribed.
Q: Is Fluka-150 an antibiotic?
A: No, Fluka-150 is not an antibiotic; it is an anti-fungal medicine.
Q: Why do we use Fluka 150 tablet?
A: Fluka 150 tablet is used to treat various types of fungal infections.
Q: Can I stop taking Fluka 150 tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Fluka 150 tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and may produce side effects as well.
Q: Can I take the Fluka 150 for a long duration?
A: The doctor will decide the dose depending on the type and severity of the infection. Take the exact dose for a specific duration. If you do not feel any improvement, inform your doctor but do not take it endlessly on your own without consulting a doctor.
Q: What is the composition of the Fluka 150?
A: Fluka 150 contains fluconazole as the active ingredient.
- Diflucan 150 Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Diflucan 150 Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- DIFLUCAN (Fluconazole Tablets) USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- FLUCONAZOLE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 14 Oct 2021 | 10:38 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved