Clonex 0.25mg Tablets
Clonex 0.25 MG Description
Clonex Tablet is used to treat epilepsy and anxiety disorders. Clonex Tablets help reduce abnormal nerve cell activity in the brain and relax it. It belongs to the Benzodiazepine (BZD) class of medic
ines containing Clonazepam. Benzodiazepine medications are used to treat anxiety disorders and to prevent seizures. Anxiety disorder is a mental health condition marked by persistent fear that interferes with daily activities. Epilepsy is a long-term condition characterised by seizures (fits). It causes jerky movements of the limbs or other areas of the body (neurons). Uses of Clonex are also in the treatment of panic disorders, such as sudden, intense fear and tension caused by stress. Frequent side effects of Clonex Tab include fatigue, depression, memory loss, disorientation, and dizziness. Tell your doctor about your medical history, especially heart, liver, or kidney issues. All other active medications should be disclosed to your doctor to avoid side effects.
|You Save||₹0.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Seizures, Epilepsy|
|Side effects||Fatigue, Depression, Impaired coordination, Dizziness and Sleepiness|
Uses of Clonex 0.25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Clonex Tab is used
- In the treatment of Epilepsy
- In the management of symptoms of different types of seizures
- In alleviating the symptoms of anxiety disorder like intense fear
- Helpful in the treatment of sleeplessness due to anxiety
- In reducing sudden, unreasonable feelings of anxiety and fear in panic disorder
Contraindications of Clonex 0.25 MG
- If you’ve a known allergy to clonazepam or other components.
- If you have active liver problems.
- If you have glaucoma.
- If you have taken MAOIs (Monoamine oxidase inhibitors) within the last 14 days.
- If you’ve chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma.
- If you have renal impairment or are on medication for kidney disorders.
Side effects of Clonex 0.25 MG
- Impaired coordination
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Clonex 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You must not take this medicine in large quantities over an extended period. Clonex Tablet has the potential to create medicine dependence and abuse.
- You must give this medication to older persons.
- You may experience suicidal thoughts and suicidal tendencies while taking this medication, particularly in young patients.
- You are a bedridden patient.
- You have high or low blood pressure.
- You have personality disorders or organic brain syndrome.
Mode of Action of Clonex 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clonex 0.25 MG
- Follow the doctor's instructions when taking the Clonex Tablet.
- Clonex Tablet must be swallowed whole without being crushed, chewed, broken, or opened.
- Make sure to take the tablet with food daily at the same time.
- Clonex Tablet is safe with food. However, it may interact with caffeine-containing food substances. It might take about four weeks for the symptoms to improve.
- Even if you are feeling fine, you should continue to take this medication until your doctor instructs you otherwise.
- If you wish to stop taking the medication, talk to your doctor first as the dose is lowered before you stop completely.
Interactions of Clonex 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Atenolol (Beta-blockers) and clonazepam interaction can lower blood pressure in hypertension patients.
- Anticonvulsants like Carbamazepine may raise Clonazepam levels in blood serum.
- If you take Antipsychotics( Pimozide), do not take Clonex Tablets.
- Antihistamines like Cetirizine may increase clonazepam metabolism and reduce therapeutic impact.
- Narcotic analgesics like Codeine is a medicine that is known to interact with Clonex 0.25mg.
- Seek medical help if you are taking one of these medicines.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid caffeine-containing foods like tea, coffee, and chocolates while using the Clonex Tablet. It's because coffee stimulates the brain, whereas Clonex Tablet relaxes it. As a result, drinking a lot of coffee may limit this prescription's ability to relax the brain, worsening the problem....
Storage and disposal of Clonex 0.25 MG
Dosage of Clonex 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Dr. Divya Rohra
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: If I start feeling better, can I stop taking the Clonex Tablet?
Q: Is Clonex Tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Is the Clonex Tablet a sedative?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 7]
- Sandoz.ca. [cited 2022 Mar 7].
- KLONOPIN TABLETS (clonazepam) KLONOPIN WAFERS (clonazepam orally disintegrating tablets) Rx only Klonopin, a benzodiazepine. : 0.5 mg-FD&C Yellow No. 6 Lake; 1 mg-FD&C Blue No. 1 Lake and FD&C Blue No. 2 Lake [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 7].
- Clozaril 25 mg Tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 7].
- Enforcement Reports. [cited 2022 Mar 7];
- Medlineplus.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 7].
- DailyMed. Choice (Middletown) [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2022 Mar 7];52(10):52-5368-52–5368