Citalin 20mg Tablets
Citalin 20 MG Description
Citalin 20 mg Tab belongs to a group of medicines known as anxiolytics. It contains escitalopram oxalate as its active ingredient. It is used to treat clinical depression, social anxiety disorders, p
nic disorders, and sleep problems. Depression and anxiety disorders present themselves as constant, deep, strong feelings of worry, fear, and indecisiveness in daily activities. Escitalopram acts by regulating the serotonin levels in the body, thus alleviating the mood and improving behavior. Citalin 20 mg Tab is an oral tablet to be taken with or without food. It is important to take the dose every day at the same time. Citalin 20 mg Tab is not prescribed for patients under 12 years. It can treat clinical depression and anxiety in children and teenagers aged 12 to 17 years. Citalin 20 mg Tab has a risk of developing withdrawal syndrome if stopped abruptly; therefore, consultation with the physician is a must to taper the dose.
Uses of Citalin 20 MG
- Uses of Citalin 20 mg Tab:
- Clinical depression
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic attacks
- Sleep disorders
Contraindications of Citalin 20 MG
- Citalin 20 mg Tab should not be given/given with caution:
- If you have a known allergy to escitalopram
- If you have Kidney issues
- If you have liver disease
- If you suffer from Heart ailments
- If you suffer from Sleep disorders
- If you have Diabetes
- If you have Bleeding disorders
- In patients below the age of 18 years
Side effects of Citalin 20 MG
- Citalin 20 mg Tab can cause side effects like
- Decreased urination
- Rapid heart rate
- Sexual dysfunctions like delayed ejaculation and decreased female libido
Precautions and Warnings of Citalin 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- Talk to your doctor if you experience any allergy after taking Citalin 20 mg Tab like rashes, hives, or swelling on the face
- If you want to increase/decrease the dose of the medication
- If the side-effects are too severe, disrupt your everyday life and do not seem to go away with time
- If you want to stop taking Citalin 20 mg Tab .
- Any other medical issues arise after taking Citalin 20 mg Tab.
Mode of Action of Citalin 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Citalin 20 MG
- Citalin 20 mg Tab is taken orally with water with/without food and should be taken as prescribed by your doctor after evaluating your condition. Do not chew or crush the tablet in powder form
- Care should be taken to take the medication at the same time every day
- Do not change the dose without consultation with your physician. Do not stop Citalin 20 mg Tab abruptly without consulting your physician. You may experience withdrawal symptoms like vomiting, dizziness, confusion, and sleep problems if you suddenly stop Citalin 20 mg Tab...
- It is advised to always check for the expiry date before starting the medication
- Do not share Citalin 20 mg Tab with anyone you know who has any depression/ anxiety issues. Medical consultation is a must for this medication.
Interactions of Citalin 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Citalin 20 mg Tab should be given with caution in patients taking the following medications:
- Dose adjustment will be required when there is an increase/ decrease of Citalin 20 mg Tab levels.
- Antidepressants like (selegiline, isocarboxazid, moclobemide) may worsen the risk of serotonin syndrome. Serotonin syndrome causes shivering, muscle stiffness, and fever due to too much accumulation of serotonin in the body...
- Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin and anticoagulants like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding episodes
- Meperidine (an opioid painkiller) -increases serotonin levels
- Lithium - increases serotonin metabolism causing irregular heartbeat, which can be life-threatening if not treated on time
- Tryptophan (amino acid required for the production of proteins) - can increase the risk of serotonin syndrome
- Painkillers like tramadol carry the risk of developing serotonin syndrome
- Linezolid (antibiotic) can cause life-threatening serotonin syndrome
Storage and disposal of Citalin 20 MG
Dosage of Citalin 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will Citalin 20 mg Tab start working for me?
Q: Can I have chocolates and coffee while taking Citalin 20 mg Tab?
Q: Can Citalin 20 mg Tab increase my blood pressure?
- Escitalopram: Galactorrhoea: a case report. (2014). Reactions Weekly, 1526(1), 60–60.
- Rosa, T. F. da, Machado, C. de S., Serafin, M. B., Bottega, A., Coelho, S. S., Foletto, V. S., Rampelotto, R. F., Lorenzoni, V. V., Mainardi, A., & Hörner, R. (2021). Repurposing of escitalopram oxalate and clonazepam in combination with ciprofloxacin and sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim for treatment of multidrug-resistant microorganisms and evaluation of the cleavage capacity of plasmid DNA. Canadian Journal of Microbiology, 67(8), 599–612.
- Lexapro (escitalopram) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, etc. (2021, September 27). Http://Reference.Medscape.Com.