Butrum 1mg Injection 1ml
Butrum 1 MG Description
Butrum Injection is used to treat mild to severe pain. It can manage postoperative (after a surgical procedure) pain and migraine headache pain. Butrum Injection comes under the therapeutic classifi
ation of Narcotic Analgesics. Butrum Injection is composed of butorphanol. This medication offers an advantage theoretically over traditional opiates such as morphine and meperidine in treating moderate pain. Butrum Injection is used as a preoperative sedative and analgesic and suppresses post anaesthesia shaking. Its other recognised uses are to relieve postpartum pain as it acts as an analgesic during labour. Butrum Injection is routinely administered by a health care professional in the prescribed amount of dosage as suggested by your doctor. If you have been instructed to administer the injection at home, use the medication exactly as directed by them. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist if you’ve any questions or concerns. Do not stop taking Butrum Injection suddenly without informing your doctor. It leads to severe withdrawal symptoms like nervousness, diarrhoea, chills, agitation, sweats, difficulty sleeping, uncoordinated movements and hallucinations. You should keep in mind that this medication can be habit-forming, especially with prolonged use. Immediately seek guidance from a health care provider if you experience any addictive opioid symptoms.
|You Save||₹22.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Moderate to severe pain, Migraine headaches, Labour pain, muscle and bone disorders.|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Breathing difficulties, Change in heartbeat, weakness and difficulty sleeping.|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Uses of Butrum 1 MG
- Management of pain where the use of opioid analgesics is appropriate
- Migraine headaches
- Pre-anaesthetic medication
- As a relief of pain during labour.
- For muscle pain relief
- For bone pain relief
- To get relief from toothache
- As an antitussive (cough) agent
Contraindications of Butrum 1 MG
- Any allergy or hypersensitivity reaction to butorphanol or any other inactive ingredients in it.
- Respiratory depression ( It can worsen the condition)
- Opioid dependency
- Bronchial asthma
Side effects of Butrum 1 MG
- Breathing difficulties
- Shortness of breath
- Change in heartbeat
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in falling asleep
Precautions and Warnings of Butrum 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from kidney, heart and liver problems.
- You experience any symptoms related to medicine dependency and abuse.
- You have respiratory disorders like respiratory depression, COPD, bronchial asthma, etc.
- You notice any severe side effects of this medicine
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- You have a head injury and increased skull pressure
Mode of Action of Butrum 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Butrum 1 MG
- Butrum injection is available in liquid form. It is injected into a muscle(IM) or vein(IV).
- Generally, healthcare professionals will give you this injection at the hospital.
- The dosage and duration will be decided according to the given condition.
- It is usually given once every 3-4 hours to relieve pain as needed. When used to relieve pain during surgery, it can be given 60-90 minutes before the procedure and adjusted accordingly during the surgery. ...
- You may be instructed to use this medication at home.
- Use the medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. You should not stop the medication without consulting your doctor.
- It should be visually inspected before administering for any particulate matter or discolouration.
Interactions of Butrum 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Interaction with CNS depressants like barbiturates, antihistamines and tranquillisers can increase the depressant effects.
- Interaction with Nasal decongestants like oxymetazoline can make this medication work more slowly.
- Interaction with azole antifungals like ketoconazole can affect removing the medicine from your body.
- Interaction with other opioid pain relievers like codeine, hydrocodone, meperidine and hydromorphone can cause side effects like drowsiness and breathing problems.
Interactions with food items
- Unless advised by your doctor, you can consume every type of food under this medication
Storage and disposal of Butrum 1 MG
Dosage of Butrum 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Butrum Injection a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Can Butrum Injection be used for all age groups?
Q: Are there any particular precautions to follow if a patient takes Butrum Injection?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 17]. Available from:
- Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 17]. Available from:
- Health Canada. Opioids list [Internet]. Canada.ca. 2018 [cited 2022 Feb 17]. Available from:
- Critical review of BUTORPHANOL [Internet]. Who.int. [cited 2022 Feb 17]. Available from:
- Halder A, Agarwal R. Butorphanol in labour analgesia: A prospective cohort study. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Feb 17];14(4):221–4. Available from: