Buscopan Injection 2ml
By BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Buscopan 40 MG Description
Buscopan injection contains a medicine called Hyoscine (also known as Scopolamine). It belongs to a class of antispasmodic medicines. Buscopan injection is used for relieving pain associated with spasms. It is usually used for spasms due to obstruction in the gallbladder, related to kidney stones and during certain surgeries where spasms could be a problem.
The injection must not be self-administered and is to be given by healthcare professionals only. The injection must be taken under the supervision of the doctor. If you have problems with your kidney or liver or consume alcohol, you need to consult your doctor before using Buscopan injection.
|You Save||₹1.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, dryness in mouth, injection site pain, constipation|
Check more medicines with composition as Scopolamine(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Buscopan 40 MG
Buscopan injection is useful to treat muscle spasms.
Contraindications of Buscopan 40 MG
- If you are allergic to Hyoscine or any other ingredients of Buscopan injection.
- If you have glaucoma (a condition in which pressure in the eye increases and gradually leads to loss of vision)
- If you have problems with your stomach and intestines
- If you have prostatic hypertrophy (condition occurs in men, having symptoms like difficulty in urination, frequent urge to go to urination, dribbling of urine)
- If you have a condition in which the intestines get obstructed produces symptoms like severe abdominal pain, loss of appetite, constipation, vomiting, and swelling of the abdomen.
- If you have paralytic ileus (malfunctioning of nerves and muscles of the intestine which produces symptoms like abdominal cramping, appetite loss, the feeling of fullness, constipation, stomach swelling and vomiting)....
- If you have megacolon (abnormal dilatation of the large intestine)
- If you have increased or fast heartbeats
- If you have myasthenia gravis (a disease which produces muscle weakness in the body. Produces symptoms like double vision, trouble talking, difficulty in walking or drooping of the eyelid)
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Buscopan 40 MG
- Dryness in mouth
- Injection site pain
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Abnormal sweating
- Redness of the face
Precautions and Warnings of Buscopan 40 MG
Can I take Buscopan Injection during pregnancy?
Buscopan injection is not recommended for use during pregnancy due to limited safety information.
Can I take Buscopan Injection while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effects of Buscopan injection during breastfeeding. Thus it should not be used by a lactating mother until prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Buscopan Injection?
Buscopan injection may produce blurring of vision and dizziness. Therefore, it should be avoided if you are driving or operating heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Buscopan Injection?
Alcohol intake, along with the use of Buscopan injection, can make you more dizzy or drowsy. Thus you should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart like heart-pumping problems, heart rhythm problems, high blood pressure and heart surgery. As Buscopan may produce increased heartbeats, low blood pressure and severe allergic reaction with breathing problems....
- You have a high body temperature, as buscopan decreases sweating, so you should exercise caution
- You have a thyroid-related disorder.
- You experience symptoms like severe stomach pain, fever, nausea, vomiting, decrease blood pressure, fainting, and blood in stool even after taking Buscopan injection, consult your doctor immediately for further evaluation....
- You have pain or redness in the eye and loss of vision after using this medicine, you should immediately consult your doctor. As this medicine increases eye pressure especially if you are suffering from glaucoma....
- Always look for any severe allergic reaction or episodes of shock and breathing problems after getting the injection as there are chances of severe anaphylactic reactions after getting it.
- This medicine should not be taken daily without consultation with your doctor or without investigating the reason for stomach pain.
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children.
Directions for Use of Buscopan 40 MG
- Buscopan injection is to be taken in an injection form in your vein or muscle. Your doctor or trained nursing staff will give it.
- Do not self-inject this medicine. It should be taken for frequency prescribed as per your doctor.
- Follow up periodically about improvement or worsening of the symptoms.
Storage and disposal of Buscopan 40 MG
- Buscopan injection should be stored below 30°C.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Buscopan 40 MG
- Buscopan injection is an antispasmodic medicine used to relieve pain associated with muscle spasms. It is usually used for spasms due to obstruction in the gallbladder, related to kidney stones, and during certain surgeries....
- This injection will be given to you in a hospital or clinic setting by a doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject.
- Before starting Buscopan injection, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Dryness in the mouth, breathing problems, constipation, difficulty in passing urine, and abnormal sweating may occur in some individuals with the use of Buscopan injection. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away....
- If you experience sleepiness or blurred vision after taking this injection, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Dosage of Buscopan 40 MG
Chances of getting an overdose of Buscopan injection is unlikely because it is given by an experienced healthcare professional in a hospital or clinic. If you experience any abnormal symptoms after taking this injection inform your doctor....
Missed a Dose
Although, Buscopan injection is to be given by your healthcare provider, if they forget a dose, inform them as soon as you remember it.
Mode of Action of Buscopan 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Some chemical substances are released in the body in response to an injury or spasm, which produces pain by cramping the muscles of the intestine, stomach, ureter and bladder (both are a part of the urinary system). These cramps vary from mild to severe. Buscopan blocks the effect of these chemicals. So, all the muscles associated with pain get relaxed and the pain is abolished....
Interactions of Buscopan 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Buscopan injection should not be given by the intramuscular route to the patient who is being treated with blood-thinning medicines like warfarin, Apixaban, Dabigatran, etc. as there are chances of hematoma (localized blood collection under the skin)....
- Buscopan injection increases the side effects of medicines like those used in psychiatric illness such as Doxepin, Antihistaminics (used in allergy), Quinidine (used in heart problem), Amantadine (used in viral infections and movement disorder), Disopyramide (used in heart rhythm problems) and Ipratropium (used in asthma)....
- You may experience an increase in heartbeats, when taking this medicine along with medicines like Epinephrine (used to restore heart rhythm, control glaucoma and asthma), Dobutamine (used in heart-pumping problem), Orciprinaline (used in asthma and other breathing problems), Ritodrine (used to control preterm labour), Salmeterol (used in asthma)....
- If you take medicines like Metoclopramide (used for nausea), along with buscopan injection, the effect of both the medicine decreases.
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are Buscopan injection uses?
A: It is used to treat muscle spasm due to renal colic (pain due to kidney stones), biliary colic (pain due to blockage in bile duct due to gallstones) and it is also used during certain surgical procedures where spasm could be a problem.
Q: What is the Buscopan injection dosage for adults?
A: The dose and duration vary among individual depending upon the underlying disease. Let your doctor decide what dose is to be given to you after accessing your problem.
Q: Can I take Buscopan injection if I have eye related problem?
A: No, Buscopan can increases the pressure in the eye. So if you take this injection, your symptoms may get worse and your eyes may get further damaged.
Q: What does Buscopan Injection contains?
A: Buscopan injection contains a medicine, Scopolamine or Hyoscine. It is an antispasmodic medicine.
Q: Can we use Buscopan injection in children?
A: No, Buscopan injection use in children is not recommended.
Q: Is Buscogast and Buscopan same?
A: Both contains hyoscine as active constituents and belongs to class of antispasmodic medicine used for the treatment of smooth muscle spasms and relieving pain associated with that.
Q: I am having abdominal pain; can I use Buscopan injection?
A: There are many reasons for abdominal pain. It would help if you never decide for yourself. Always consult your doctor. After doing careful clinical examination and investigation, he may prescribe this medicine. Use this medicine in the exact dose and frequency advised by your doctor.
Q: Can I take Buscopan injection with blood-thinning medicines?
A: Buscopan injection should not be given by intramuscular route to the patients who are being treated with blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin, Apixaban, Dabigatran etc. as there are chances of localized blood collection under the skin.
Q: I am also taking medicines for allergy, can I use Buscopan injection?
A: One of the groups of medicine used for relieving allergies is known as anti-histaminic. If you take Buscopan injection with them, the side effects of Buscopan may increase. So always tell your doctor about that.
Q: I am suffering from asthma; can I use Buscopan injection?
A: Buscopan injection increases the side effects of itself and of medicines used in asthma; thus, it always advisable to tell your doctor about the condition and medicines you are using beforehand.
Q: Who should not use Buscopan Injection ?
A: Buscopan injection is contraindicated in those who are allergic to Hyoscine.If you are suffering from increased pressure in eyes (glaucoma), problems with stomach or intestine, enlarged prostrate, blockage in the stomach and intestine, irregular heart beats. It is advised that you should consult your doctor regarding your medical condition prior taking this medicine.
Q: Can Buscopan injection be administered to children?
A: No Buscopan injection is not recommended for children especially those under 6 years. Please do not use any medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I consume alcohol after taking Buscopan injection ?
A: Consuming alcohol is not recommended after taking Buscopan injection as it can make you more dizzy and increse the risk of other side effects.
Q: Where do you inject Buscopan?
A: Buscopan injection is to be given by healthcare professionals only. It must not be self-administered. The doctor will decide the route of administration.
Q: How long does buscopan injection take to work?
A: Buscopan injection will start working within 15 minutes after its administration.
Q: What are the side effects of Buscopan injection?
A: Dizziness, dryness in the mouth, injection site pain, constipation are a few side effects that can be seen after this injection. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own
Q: What is the content present in Inj Buscopan?
A: Inj Buscopan contains a medicine called Hyoscine (also known as Scopolamine). It belongs to a class of antispasmodic medicines.
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed