Antidep 75mg Tablet
Antidep 75 MG Description
Antidep 75 mg tablet is used to treat depression, a mental health condition that causes persistent feelings of sadness and loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. This medicine is also often pre
scribed to children as a treatment for bedwetting. The active ingredient in Antidep is imipramine. Antidep belongs to the tricyclic antidepressants (TCA) class of drugs. It works by increasing the levels of healthy mood hormones in the body and blocking some muscles' action, which helps treat bedwetting in children. Antidep 75 mg tablets bring about specific changes in the brain's chemical messengers, leading to an increase in the levels of hormones responsible for decreasing sadness, elevating mood, and bringing relaxation. Common side effects of Antidep 75 mg tablets include nausea, vomiting, delirium, and sleepiness. This medicine must be taken on under the supervision of a medical doctor.
|You Save||₹5.34 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Delirium, Vomiting, Confusion, Low blood pressure, Breathing difficulty, Difficulty in passing urine, Tremors|
Uses of Antidep 75 MG
- Antidep 75 mg tablets are used to treat:
- Bed-wetting in children above 6 years of age
- Chronic neuropathic pain
Contraindications of Antidep 75 MG
- Do not take Antidep 75 mg tablets or take with caution:
- If you are allergic to imipramine.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have heart problems.
- If you have a respiratory disease.
- If you have a paralytic condition of the gut.
- If you have chronic constipation
- If you have glaucoma.
- If you have tumours of the adrenal gland, pheochromocytoma, and neuroblastoma.
- If you have galactose intolerance.
- If you have alcohol or drug addiction.
- If you are a child under 6 years of age.
Side effects of Antidep 75 MG
- Common side effects of Antidep 75 mg tablets:
- Weight gain
- Dryness of mouth
- Rare and serious side effects of Antidep 75 mg tablets
- Rashes or itching
- Low blood pressure
- Low body temperature
- Increased and irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Change in the pressure in eyes called glaucoma
- Sexual dysfunction
- Stiffness in the muscle
- Suicidal thoughts
Precautions and Warnings of Antidep 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to imipramine.
- You have liver disease, kidney disease, heart problems, or breathing problems.
Mode of Action of Antidep 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Antidep 75 MG
- Use Antidep 75 mg tablets only on the advice of a doctor. They will assess your condition and recommend the dosage and the timing best suited to you. In addition, they will periodically monitor you for side effects....
- Take Antidep 75 mg tablets with or without food as its absorption is not influenced by food.
- Antidep 75 mg tablet is to be taken as a whole and not broken, chewed, or crushed.
Interactions of Antidep 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidep 75 mg tablets may interact with the following medicines:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) antidepressants such as isocarboxazid and phenelzine
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants such as fluoxetine and fluvoxamine
- Central nervous system depressants such as barbiturates, benzodiazepines, or general anaesthetics
- Drugs used to reduce nervous tension such as thioridazine, thiothixene, clozapine, chlorpromazine and risperidone
- Antihypertensives such as reserpine, clonidine, guanethidine, and alpha methyldopa
- Anticholinergic agents such as phenothiazine, cetirizine, atropine, and biperiden
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease
- Sympathomimetic drugs such as adrenaline, noradrenaline, isoprenaline, phenylephrine, and phenylpropanolamine
- Painkillers like tramadol, opioids, fentanyl, ibuprofen, and ketorolac
- Calcium channel blockers like diltiazem and verapamil
- Antiarrhythmic drugs like quinidine
- Carbamazepine and phenytoin
- Oral contraceptives
- Antiviral drugs like ritonavir
- Muscle relaxants like baclofen
- Cimetidine and methylphenidate
- Disulfiram and alprazolam
- Ofloxacin and norfloxacin
- Methylene blue
Interactions with food items
- Food doesn't interfere with the absorption and bioavailability of Antidep 75 mg tablets. You can continue with your usual diet. However, avoid taking caffeine and tobacco.
Storage and disposal of Antidep 75 MG
Dosage of Antidep 75 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Tulika Singh
M.B.B.S, DFM, PDGPPHC, MPH(NUS)
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Antidep 75 mg tablets if I have recovered from my illness?
Q: What should I do if I develop dryness in my mouth during treatment with Antidep 75 mg tablets?
Q: Can I develop sensitivity to light while taking Antidep 75 mg tablets?
Q: Do I need to make any changes in my lifestyle to heal faster when taking Antidep 75 mg tablets?
- Bedwetting [Internet] my.clevelandclinic.org [cited 10 Feb 2022] -
- What Is Depression? [Internet] www.psychiatry.org [cited 10 Feb 2022] -
- Imipramine [Internet]. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov [cited 0 Feb 2022] -
- Imipramine Tablet BP 25 mg [Internet]. www.medicines.org.uk [cited 10 Feb 2022] -
- Imipramine (Oral Route) [Internet] www.mayoclinic.org [cited 10 Feb 2022] -
- Absolute Bioavailability of Imipramine: Influence of Food [Internet]. springer.com [cited 10 Feb 2022]