Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
By HEMA LABORATORIES LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alkin Syrup contains Disodium hydrogen citrate. It increases the pH of the urine by alkalizing it. This enhances the solubility of uric acid and gets it out of the body through urine. This medicine is
used to treat gout and certain kidney stones. It is also used to treat urinary tract infections. It should be used carefully in patients having kidney diseases or heart or lung diseases or high sodium or potassium levels. Have plenty of water while using this medicine....
Uses of Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Alkin Syrup is used in the treatment of gout (increased levels of uric acid) and kidney stones. It is also used to treat urinary tract infection and metabolic disorders caused by kidney diseases.
Contraindications of Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to citric acid or any other ingredients of this medicines.
- If you have kidney diseases.
- If you have high sodium or potassium levels.
- If you have high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats or heart failure.
- If you have low calcium levels.
- If you have lung diseases.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have Addison's disease (an adrenal gland disorder).
Side effects of Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Can I take Alkin Syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of Alkin Syrup during pregnancy. It is recommended not to use Alkin Syrup during pregnancy.
Can I take Alkin Syrup while breastfeeding?
Alkin Syrup may cause some adverse effects on the baby. Hence, the use of Alkin Syrup is not advised during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alkin Syrup syrup?
This medicine does not affect your driving ability. However, if you experience any discomforts or side effects then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Alkin Syrup syrup?
This medicine can cause dehydration and consumption of alcohol can increase the risk of dehydration. Hence, it is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol while taking Alkin Syrup syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are diabetic.
- You have kidney diseases.
- You are suffering from chronic diarrhoea (such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease).
- Do not alter the dose of Alkin Syrup by yourself.
- Take this medicine after food for better absorption and to avoid stomach-related side effects.
Mode of Action of Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
Disodium hydrogen citrate present in Alkin Syrup is metabolised to bicarbonates. These bicarbonate ions are excreted in the urine and increase the urinary pH. This increase in pH makes the urine less
acidic. This increase in urinary pH helps get rid of excess uric acid....
Directions for Use of Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Alkin Syrup should be taken as per your doctor's advise.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Mix a prescribed dose of Alkin Syrup liquid in a glass of water and drink slowly.
Interactions of Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Alkin Syrup may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....Read more
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
- This medicine may interact with Aspirin, talk to your doctor before starting with Alkin Syrup syrup.
- Other medicines that can interact with Alkin Syrup are Lithium, Quinidine and Salicylate.
Storage and disposal of Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Alkin Syrup should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet. Discard it when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Alkin Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
The symptoms of an overdose are difficulty in breathing. If you experience any symptoms with the overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose of this medicine, to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I prevent urine infection?
- By drinking plenty of water and urinating often.
- By cleaning the area often in the right way. The right way is to wipe from front to back.
- Wash up the area before sexual activity and urinate after sexual activity.
- Avoid using scented feminine products. They can irritate the area and cause infection.
- Use proper birth control measures.
- Probiotics contain beneficial bacteria called Lactobacilli which keeps the urinary tract healthy and avoids harmful bacteria. Yoghurt, kefir, cheese, sauekraut contain lactobacilli naturally or you can take probiotic supplements that are available in the form of capsule or powder....Read more
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant. It helps to improve the immune system and lowers the urinary pH by making it less favourable for harmful bacterias to survive.
- Caution should be used while using the public washroom, be careful to wipe the seat or use a toilet seat sanitiser before you use it.
Q: What are the symptoms of UTI?
- Pain and burning sensation while passing urine.
- Passing small amounts of urine frequently.
- A strong and persistent urge to pass urine.
- Blood in the urine that appears bright pink, red or cola coloured.
- Cloudy urine.
- Foul-smelling urine.
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Upper back and flank pain.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Fever, chills.
Q: How to prevent kidney stones?
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- Include low-fat milk, low-fat cheese and low-fat yoghurt in your diet. These foods are a good source of calcium.
- Avoid baking soda, condiments, processed foods like chips and crackers, canned soups and vegetables. They contain high sodium and increase the risk of stones.
- Limit oxalate-rich foods such as spinach, chocolate, sweet potatoes, coffee, beets, peanuts, rhubarb, soy products and wheat bran.
- Foods like beef, poultry, fish and pork are high in animal protein which increases urine acid.
- Avoid taking high dose vitamin C supplements.
Q: How to use Alkin Syrup?
A: Alkin Syrup should be taken as per your doctor's instructions. It should be taken after meals to avoid an upset stomach. Mix it in a glass of water and have it.
Q: Can Alkin Syrup be given to children?
A: Do not give any medicines to children unless it is advised by the paediatrician.
Q: Does Alkin Syrup dissolve kidney stones?
A: Yes, Alkin Syrup is used to treat kidney stones that are made of urate. It acts by making the urine less acidic which help to dissolve the kidney stones.
Q: How many days should I take Alkin Syrup?
A: The dose and duration of your treatment will depend upon the severity of your condition and improvement after taking this medicine. Do not stop your own if you feel better; always follow your doctor's instruction.
Q: How long will Alkin Syrup take to work?
A: It will depend upon the type of infection or disorder you have. Also, it is important to follow the instructions given by your physician to get the optimum response from this medicine.
Q: Is Alkin Syrup an antibiotic?
A: No, Alkin Syrup is not an antibiotic.
Q: Why should Alkin Syrup not be given on an empty stomach?
A: It should not be given to avoid undesirable effects such as an upset stomach. It should not be given on an empty stomach.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 28 Jul 2021 | 06:57 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved