Stomafit Liquid 200ml
Stomafit Liquid is a powerful medication used in the treatment prevention of gastric conditions. More specifically, it assists in the treatment of hyperacidity, indigestion, flatulence, chronic constipation, gastric pains, gastric ulcer and other similar conditions caused due to acidity. Stomafit is a potent medicine that eliminates the organism, with an ability to lyse the organism within 30 to 90 minutes in vivo. The medicine acts by coating the site of the ulcer and promoting localized endogenous prostaglandins release coupled with an antibacterial effect. It also contains dry extract of Belladonna, thymol and menthol which are commonly used ingredients in the treatment of intestinal and biliary colic, as well as in providing relief from spasmodic action, gastric and intestinal flatulence.
- Stomafit helps to control flatulence and reduce spasm and colic pain.
- It coats the site of the ulcer, ensures an anti-bacterial effect and eradicates 90% to 94% of H. pylori in vivo.
- It promotes the release of endogenous prostaglandins.
- It helps to reduce chronic constipation by regularizing bowel movements.
- It treats the causes as well as the symptoms of gastric problems, acting as a holistic stomach care solution.
Each 5 ml. Contains
- Liquor Bismuth Ammonium Citrate BPC (2.5 ml) (Equivalent to Bi2O3, 140 mg)
- Belladonna Dry Extract IP (9.0 mg)
- Thymol IP (0.15 mg)
- Menthol IP (0.2 mg)
- Palatable Sorbitol base q.s.
- Colour: Caramel
Stomafit is a powerful medication that treats both the causes and the symptoms of gastric ulcers and related troubles as a complete solution to stomach troubles. It helps to control flatulence and reduces colic pain and discomfort due to bowel spasms. It eradicates H. pylori in vivo by coating the ulcer site and inducing an anti-bacterial effect. It also promotes the release of endogenous prostaglandins to help treat ulcers.
How to Use
Take 2 tablespoons thrice a day with half a cup of water after every meal for 4 weeks or as directed by the doctor.
- Read the medicine label carefully before use.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children.
- This medicine may cause a harmless temporary darkening of the stool and tongue.
Q1. Can I have this on an empty stomach?
Ans: Stomafit is potent gastric medicine and is thus advisable to be consumed after meals only. However, your specific requirements may vary, so please consult your doctor for specific advice.
Q2. Is it habit-forming?
Ans: No, Stomafit is not an addictive or habit-forming drug. If you feel a habit developing or adverse reactions upon stopping the medication, consult your doctor immediately.
Q3. What happens if I miss a dose?
Ans: If you miss a single dose of Stomafit, do not worry. Simply carry on with your dosage schedule without any need to double dose. If you habitually miss a dose, please consider setting up an alarm or asking family members to remind you to take the medication.