Nicotex Nicotine Patch 21mg (7 Patches)|Helps Quit Smoking|
The Nicotex Nicotine Patch is a boon for those who are seeking help and are struggling to quit smoking. It is a transdermal/skin patch that works using the principle of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). The patch uses a step-down approach, which when placed on the body, gradually releases nicotine throughout the day. This binds to the nicotine receptors in the body, reducing nicotine craving and withdrawal symptoms associated with smoking cessation. As this process continues, over a 12 week period, the intake of nicotine is significantly reduced. Thus, it helps in quitting tobacco use by slowly adjusting the body to have less craving to use nicotine over a period of time, till the person does not crave nicotine anymore. This Nicotex Nicotine Patch contains 7 patches of 21 mg each, intended to be used as Step 1 (week 1 - week 4) for smokers who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day.
- It is a highly effective solution for those who wish to quit smoking.
- Smokers are 60% more likely to refrain from smoking after using a nicotine patch.
- This patch employs Nicotine Replacement Therapy and uses a step-down approach to gradually release nicotine in the body, throughout the day.
- Each patch has a duration of action of 24 hours and you only need to wear one patch a day.
- It helps in quitting tobacco use by slowly adjusting the body to have less craving to use nicotine over a period of time, till a person does not crave nicotine anymore.
- After a 12 week period, the intake of nicotine is lowered significantly.
- The patch can be worn discreetly, under the clothes, giving the user ample privacy.
- Nicotine USP 52.5 mg
- Excipients q.s
- It uses the method of Nicotine Replacement Therapy to help quit smoking.
- It provides a small dose of nicotine without providing harmful elements like tar, carbon monoxide present in tobacco products.
- It releases a small amount of Nicotine into the body over a period of 24 hours, which binds to the nicotine receptors in the body and reduces nicotine craving.
- It helps to achieve a smoke-free life within 12 weeks of usage.
- It can improve the quality of life.
How to Use
- Tear or cut the pouch and remove the patch.
- Peel the transparent protective film from one-half. While applying on the skin, peel the other half.
- Apply to a dry, clean and non-hairy portion of the upper body or upper arm. Press the patch firmly so that it adheres well to the skin.
- Do not touch the adhesive while applying the patch.
- Apply one new patch every 24 hours & choose a different area for application each time.
- Wash hands after applying or removing the patch.
- Please read the instruction leaflet before using the patch.
Consult a doctor before using the Nicotex patch in case of the following:
- If you are below 18 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have heart disease, irregular heartbeat or have had a recent heart attack.
- If you have high blood pressure not controlled with medication because nicotine can increase the blood pressure.
- If you are allergic to any adhesives or patch ingredients or have skin problems because you are more likely to get rashes.
- If you are using non-nicotine smoking cessation drugs.
- If you are taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma.
Q1: Which step of the Nicotex Nicotine Patch should I start with, depending on the number of cigarettes I smoke per day?
Ans: If you smoke over 20 cigarettes per day:
- From week 1 to 4: Use one 21mg/24 hr patch per day (step 1 pack).
- From week 5 to 8: Use one 14mg/24 hr patch per day (step 2 pack).
- From week 9 to 12: Use one 7mg/24 hr patch per day (step 3 pack).
If you smoke less than 20 cigarettes per day, start with Step 2.