Digene Gel Acidity & Gas Relief - 200ml Mixed Fruit Flavour
Digene Gel is used to provide quick and effective relief from acidity and gas. It gives relief from symptoms of belching and bloating that are caused due to gas and improves the symptoms of acidity such as abdominal pain and stomach discomfort. Digene mint tablets are available in orange and mixed fruit flavours.
- It works by neutralizing the stomach acid and protects the lining of the stomach from irritation.
- Helps to relieve symptoms of extra gas and acidity.
- Helps to reduce the overall acid level in the stomach.
- Helps in reducing the feeling of indigestion.
- This is a sugar-free formulation.
- It provides long-lasting relief.
Each 10 ml (2 teaspoonfuls approx.) contains:
- Magnesium Hydroxide I.P. (added as paste) - 185 mg
- Simethicone I.P. - 50 mg
- Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose I.P.- 100 mg
- Dried Aluminum Hydroxide Gel I.P. (added as paste) - 830 mg
- It is an antacid and provides instant relief from gas and treats acidity.
- It is also known to inhibit the activity of the enzyme pepsin, thereby helping with heartburn.
How to Use
- Ideally, adults are advised to chew or take 2-4 tablets 1 hour after meals, preferably at bedtime or as advised by your physician.
- Children can take the tablets as per the doctor’s recommendation.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
1. What are the possible side effects of Digene Acidity and Gas Relief Tablet?
These tablets are usually safe and do not cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation. However, if your symptoms do not improve or if your condition worsens, consult your doctor immediately.
2. Can I take Digene if I am pregnant?
It is wise to consult your gynaecologist before taking this medicine if you are pregnant. Similarly, breastfeeding women should also consult the doctor before consumption.
3. How can I prevent acidity?
You must avoid excess intake of oily, spicy and salty foods as well as carbonated drinks. Try to eat small, frequent meals and opt for a low-carbohydrate and high fibre diet. Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine. Avoid eating late at night, do not exercise or sleep immediately after meals and keep a check on your weight and drink lots of water.