Protein SupplementsClear All
D Protin Chocolate Diabetes Care Powder ...
Liveasy Wellness Diabetic Protein - Bloo...
Ensure Diabetes Care Vanilla Powder Refill - 1 Kg
Liveasy Wellness Diabetic Protein - Bloo...
Ensure Diabetes Care Vanilla Diabetes Ca...
D - Protin Chocolate Diabetes Care Powder - 500 G
D-protin Vanilla Diabetes Care Powder Bo...
Liveasy Wellness Immuno Protein - Adult ...
Nestle Resource High Vanilla Whey Protei...
Nestle Resource High Protein Vanilla B...
Ritebite Nuts & Seeds Nutrition Bar (pac...
Neuherbs Special Fitness Stack Combo ( W...
Ritebite Max Protein Active Choco Slim N...
Healthvit Fitness Eaa Essential Amino Ac...
Ritebite Yogurt Berry Nutrition Bar Packet Of 35 G
Boheco Life Hemp Seed Powder Packet Of 500 G
Pro360 Butterscotch Maternal Nutrition D...
Ritebite Yogurt Berry Nutrition Bar (pac...
Boheco Life Hemp Seed Powder Packet Of 1000 G
Boheco Life Hemp Hearts Seeds Packet Of 500 G
What are Protein Supplements?As the name suggests, these are extra or additional protein that balances the protein lacking in our daily diet as well as the levels of amino acid. Mostly athletes, active adults, intake protein supplements for muscle mass, exercise recovery, improved energy and performance. It can also help in keeping your body weight in check. If protein intake is low, it is difficult to achieve increased strength and lean mass gains. A higher protein intake will lead to proper muscle and strength development.
What are Protein Supplements used for?Protein supplements are quick and easy fixes that ensure your body is well-nourished and satisfied. These supplements are versatile and used to cater to several needs. While for some it may help in gaining muscle, it also helps in losing weight and increasing performance. If you are vegetarian or vegan, you can have 100% plant proteins such as soy, pea and hemp. People suffering from diabetes can also have protein shakes without the added sugar content. It shall give them the energy required. Protein supplements are the best way to maintain overall wellness.
Types of Protein Supplements
- Protein powders can be derived from various sources. One can make a choice according to their needs and keeping in mind their health issues.
- Dairy and egg protein are widely available and popular protein supplements. These are obtained from eggs, milk and cheese. It keeps you full for a longer time and provides essential amino acids.
- Whey Protein comes from milk and is loaded with amino acids. It can be easily digested and help you in building muscle or recover from heavy exercise. It promotes weight loss and people who are lactose intolerant can choose a different type of protein....read more
- Casein Protein unlike whey takes time to get absorbed and digested. Casein is found in milk. It slows down muscle protein breakdown and aids in muscle recovery overnight.
- Plant-based proteins are natural, such as soy, pea, rice and hemp which are considered wholesome for vegetarians or vegans. These can meet protein requirements and promote strength and endurance.
Top Protein Supplements Brands & USPsA lot of well-known brands have introduced protein supplements to meet the increasing demand in the market. However, with endless options, you must be careful before choosing the best protein supplement that suits you and the type that works for your body. You must look out for protein supplements from Ensure, LivEasy, D - Protin, Nestle and Saffola which are some of the top protein supplement brands.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much protein does an average person need daily?
This depends entirely on the person you ask. It is suggested that you should multiply your body weight (in pounds) by 0.36 to derive your daily requirement which again increases for active adults and you must multiply your body weight (in pounds) by 0.6-0.9 based on activity level.
Should I be taking some protein powder supplements?
Yes, a protein shake post-exercise is much more effective than eating your meal as it can be digested, absorbed and utilized at a faster rate.
Which is the best time to have a protein shake?
Ideally, after a workout is the best time to have protein shakes when the body is in need of protein to help the recovery process.
Is a shake better than whole food protein?
- Whole foods are usually more satisfying and contain other important nutrients as well. Protein shake on the other hand is more convenient and can be digested and absorbed very fast.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved