Zyrop 4000iu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zyrop 4000 injection contains a medicine known as recombinant human Erythropoietin alfa. It is used mainly for the treatment of anaemia due to kidney problems and/or medicines used in the treatment of cancer. Do not use this medicine if you are having a history of an allergy or any other bone marrow problems. Inform your doctor if you are suffering from high blood pressure or a having a history of any other heart problems. Do not take this medicine without a doctor's advice if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding....
Uses of Zyrop 4000 IU
- To treat anaemia due to kidney diseases.
- To treat anaemia in adults who are receiving cancer treatment.
Contraindications of Zyrop 4000 IU
- If you are having a history of allergy (rashes, itching, skin redness, swelling of lips, eyes, difficulty in breathing or swallowing) to any of the contents of this medicine.
- If you have red cell aplasia (a condition in which bone marrow cannot produce enough red blood cells).
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are due for major orthopaedic surgery (hip or knee) and you have severe heart disease, diseases of veins and arteries, recently had a heart attack or stroke, cannot take medicines to thin the blood....
Side effects of Zyrop 4000 IU
- Feeling sick
- Stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Increased blood pressure
- Headache, confusion, fits
- Blood clots
Precautions and Warnings of Zyrop 4000 IU
Can I be given the Zyrop Injection during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to get this medicine if you are pregnant. Hence, inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby before taking this injection.
Can I take the Zyrop Injection while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended for use in lactating mothers. So, inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before getting this injection.
Can I drive if I have taken the Zyrop Injection?
This medicine may affect your ability to drive, thus it is advisable not to drive or operate heavy machinery during treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zyrop Injection?
No, it is not advisable to take this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of blood clots.
- You are overweight.
- You have diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, liver disease, fits, porphyria (a blood disorder).
- You are bedridden long time due to surgery or illness.
- You have anaemia due to other problems.
- You are suffering from cancer.
- You have serious skin conditions like steven johnson’s syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (conditions where the skin gets peeled of and increases the chances of deadly infections).
- You have a chronic kidney problem and you don’t respond to previous erythropoietin therapy (as if you still increase the dose, it may increase the chances of problems related to heart, blood vessels, stroke, heart attack and death)....
- You are undergoing any blood tests.
Mode of Action of Zyrop 4000 IU
How Does It Work?
Zyrop Injection contains a medicine known as recombinant human Erythropoietin alfa. It is one kind of protein that stimulates the bone marrow to produce blood cells, especially red blood cells. Thus, it relieves symptoms associated with anaemia which may be due to kidney problems or cancer treatment....
Directions for Use of Zyrop 4000 IU
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Zyrop 4000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Zyrop 4000 injection works, or even Zyrop 4000 injection may affect the working of some medicines.
- Talk to your doctor particularly if you are taking cyclosporin (used for the treatment of organ transplantation),
- Iron supplements and other blood stimulating medicines.
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of the Zyrop Injection or increase the chances of side effects....
Storage and disposal of Zyrop 4000 IU
- Store it in a refrigerator at 2°C-8°C. You may take this medicine out of the refrigerator and keep it at room temperature (up to 25°C) for no longer than 3 days.
- Once the syringe has been removed from the refrigerator and has reached room temperature, it must either be used within 3 days or dispose of.
- Do not freeze or shake.
- Store in the original packaging to protect from lights.
- Do not use this medicine if the seal is broken or if the liquid is coloured or you can see particles floating in it.
- Do not throw away the medicines you no longer use.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zyrop 4000 IU
This injection is given by a healthcare professional, so it is unlikely that you will be given too much of this medicine. If you think you have been given too much medicine, tell your doctor. You may experience side effects if you have been injected too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
This injection is given by a healthcare professional, so it is unlikely that you will be missing a dose of this medicine. If a dose is missed you can talk to your doctor. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Zyrop 4000 injection?
A: Zyrop 4000 injection is used in the treatment of anaemia due to kidney diseases, especially in patients who are on hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis, who are receiving cancer treatment, who donate some of their blood before surgery so that it can be given back to them during or after an operation. It is also used in moderately anaemic adults about to have major orthopaedic surgery to reduce the need for blood transfusions and in patients with bone marrow problems.
Q: How do the Zyrop 4000 injection works?
A: Zyrop 4000 injection contains a medicine known as recombinant human Erythropoietin alfa. It is one kind of protein that stimulates the bone marrow to produce blood cells, especially red blood cells. Thus, it relieves symptoms associated with anaemia which may be due to kidney problem or cancer treatment.
Q: What are the most common side effects of using this medicine?
A: You may experience diarrhoea, feeling sick, vomiting, fever, a stuffy nose and sore throat on taking this medicine.
Q: I am having high blood pressure, can I take this medicine?
A: This medicine itself can lead to an increase in blood pressure as a side effect thus, it is recommended that you inform your doctor before taking this medicine. Your doctor may advise frequent blood pressure monitoring before and during treatment with this medicine.
Expires on or After