Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
1ml Powder For Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zyrop Injection contains a medicine known as recombinant human Erythropoietin alfa. It used mainly for the treatment of anaemia due to kidney problems. Do not use this medicine if you are having a history of an allergy or any other bone marrow problems. Inform your doctor if you are having high blood pressure or a history of any other heart problems. Do not take this medicine without a doctor's advice if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Uses of Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
- This medicine is used for the treatment of anaemia due to kidney diseases. It is used for the treatment of anaemia in adults who are receiving cancer treatment.
Contraindications of Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
If you are having a history of allergy (rashes, itching, skin redness, swelling of lips, eyes, difficulty in breathing or swallowing) to any of the contents of this medicine. If you have red cell aplasia (a condition in which bone marrow cannot produce enough red blood cells). High blood pressure. If you are due for major orthopaedic surgery (hip or knee) and you have severe heart disease, diseases of veins and arteries, recently had a heart attack or stroke, cannot take medicines to thin the blood.
Side effects of Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
- Feeling sick
- A stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Increased blood pressure
- Headache – which is sudden, stabbing like, confusion, fits
- Blood clots may produce chest pain, breathlessness, painful swelling and redness in your legs
Precautions and Warnings of Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
Can I be given the Zyrop Injection during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to get this medicine if you are pregnant. Hence, inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby before taking this injection.
Can I take the Zyrop Injection while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended for use in lactating mothers. So, inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before getting this injection.
Can I drive if I have taken the Zyrop Injection?
This medicine may affect your ability to drive, thus it is advisable not to drive or operate heavy machinery during treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zyrop Injection?
No, it is not advisable to take this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of blood clots.
- You are overweight.
- You have diabetes.
- You have heart problems.
- You are off your feet for a long time due to surgery or illness.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have Epilepsy or fits.
- You have Liver problems.
- You have Anaemia due to other problems.
- You have Porphyria (a blood problem).
- You have cancer in the body (as this medicine is associated with shorter survival and higher death rate especially in patients with head and neck and metastatic breast cancer patients).
- You have serious skin conditions like Steven Johnson’s syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (conditions where the skin gets peeled of and increases the chances of deadly infections).
- You have a chronic kidney problem and you don’t respond to previous Erythropoietin therapy (as if you still increase the dose, it may increase the chances of problems related to heart, blood vessels, stroke, heart attack and death).read less
- You are undergoing any blood tests.
Mode of Action of Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
How Does It Work?
Zyrop Injection contains a medicine known as recombinant human Erythropoietin alfa. It is one kind of protein that stimulates the bone marrow to produce blood cells, especially red blood cells. Thus, it relieves symptoms associated with anaemia which may be due to kidney problems or cancer treatment.
Directions for Use of Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
- This medicine will be given by a doctor or a nurse.
Interactions of Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of the Zyrop Injection or increase the chances of side effects.read less
- The following medicines may interact with the Zyrop Injection:
- Cyclosporin (used for the treatment of organ transplantation).
- Iron supplements and other blood stimulating medicines.
Storage and disposal of Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
- Store it in a refrigerator at 2°C-8°C. You may take this medicine out of the refrigerator and keep it at room temperature (up to 25°C) for no longer than 3 days.
- Once the syringe has been removed from the refrigerator and has reached room temperature, it must either be used within 3 days or dispose of.
- Do not freeze or shake.
- Store in the original packaging to protect from lights.
- Do not use this medicine if the seal is broken or if the liquid is coloured or you can see particles floating in it. Do not throw away the medicines you no longer use.
Dosage of Zyrop 4000iu Inj 1ml
- This medicine is given by a healthcare professional, so it is unlikely that you will be given too much of this medicine. If you think you have been given too much medicine, tell your doctor. You may experience side effects if you have been injected too much of this medicine.read less
Missed a Dose
This medicine is given by healthcare professional, so it is unlikely that you will be missing a dose of this medicine. If a dose is missed you can talk to your doctor. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Zyrop Injection?
A: Zyrop Injection is used in the treatment of anaemia due to kidney diseases, especially in patients who are on hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis, who are receiving cancer treatment, who donate some of their blood before surgery so that it can be given back to them during or after an operation. It is also used in moderately anaemic adults about to have major orthopaedic surgery to reduce the need for blood transfusions and in patients with bone marrow problems.
Q: How do the Zyrop Injection works?
A: Zyrop Injection contains a medicine known as recombinant human Erythropoietin alfa. It is one kind of protein that stimulates the bone marrow to produce blood cells, especially red blood cells. Thus, it relieves symptoms associated with anaemia which may be due to kidney problem or cancer treatment.
Q: What are the most common side effects of using this medicine?
A: They are diarrhoea, feeling sick, vomiting, fever, a stuffy nose and sore throat.
Q: I am having high blood pressure, can I take this medicine?
A: This medicine itself produces high blood pressure as side effects, so inform your doctor beforehand. Your doctor may advise frequent blood pressure monitoring before and during the course of treatment with this medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Apr 2021 | 11:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved