Zolent Forte Tablets
Zolent Forte Tablets Description
Zolente Forte Tab treats anxiety disorders. It is also known as an anxiolytic. It is a combination medicine. It contains alprazolam and propranolol. Alprazolam belongs to a class of medicines called
benzodiazepines. Alprazolam is used to treat panic disorders and anxiety disorders. It decreases the abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Propranolol belongs to the class of medications called beta-blockers. It treats high blood pressure, heart problems, help with anxiety and prevent migraines. It works by relaxing the blood vessels and slowing the heart rate to improve the blood flow and decrease blood pressure. Zolent Forte Tab may be habit-forming when taken for several days to weeks, even at the prescribed doses. Do not share your medication with anyone. Do not take more or less or more frequently or longer than prescribed. Do not suddenly stop taking this medicine as it could cause severe withdrawal symptoms. Ensure your family members and other caregivers know the painful signs and symptoms that may require immediate medical attention. Zolent Forte Tab can slow or stop your breathing, and fatal side effects can occur if you take this medicine with alcohol, opioid medications, or other medications that cause drowsiness or slow the breathing. Keep a written updated list of all prescribed and non-prescribed over-the-counter medications you are taking, including vitamins, minerals, herbs, and other dietary supplements. Discuss them with your doctor at each regularly scheduled checkup to avoid drug interactions.
|You Save||₹9.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Alprazolam(0.25 Mg) + Propranolol(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of anxiety disorder, panic disorder.|
|Side effects||Dizziness or lightheadedness; drowsiness; headache; nausea, changes in appetite; tiredness; diarrhoea/constipation; unsteadiness/problems with coordination/difficulty thinking or remembering.|
Uses of Zolent Forte Tablets
- Anxiety disorder.
- Panic disorders.
Contraindications of Zolent Forte Tablets
- Allergic to alprazolam or propranolol, other benzodiazepines or beta-blockers or other ingredients used in the product.
- Eye problems (glaucoma)
- Using antifungal medications (like itraconazole, ketoconazole).
- Medications like cobicistat, tipranavir, are used to treat human immunodeficiency virus syndrome (HIV).
Side effects of Zolent Forte Tablets
- Nausea, changes in appetite.
- Unsteadiness/problems with coordination/difficulty thinking or remembering.
Precautions and Warnings of Zolent Forte Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have asthma or other lung diseases.
- You have heart, liver, or kidney disease.
- You have diabetes.
- You have severe allergies.
- You have thyroid problems.
- You’re or planning to be pregnant, breastfeeding.
- You’re scheduled for surgery, including dental surgery.
- You use tobacco products (tobacco may decrease the effectiveness of this medication).
Mode of Action of Zolent Forte Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zolent Forte Tablets
- Zolent Forte Tab should be taken exactly as directed.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not split, chew, break, or crush them.
- It should always be taken either with or without food.
- Preferably take the tablet around the same time every day or as per the dosing schedule.
- Do not take it more or less or more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zolent Forte Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Other opioid medications (pain or cough relievers).
- Medicines to aid sleep or anxiety.
- Muscle relaxants.
- Antihistamines (medicines to treat influenza and cold).
- ACE inhibitors (medications to treat low blood pressure).
- Antacids containing aluminium.
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners).
- Calcium channel blockers.
- HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (cholesterol-lowering agents).
- Medications for depression.
- Medications for migraine headaches.
- Medications for high blood pressure.
- Medications for seizures.
- Specific medications to regulate irregular heartbeats.
- Monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs).
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice consumption should be avoided while taking this medicine. Change in diet may be necessary with the use of this medicine. Please consult your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Zolent Forte Tablets
Dosage of Zolent Forte Tablets
- Overdose symptoms include slow heartbeat, drowsiness, confusion, and loss of consciousness. Speak to your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital in case of an overdose.