Zepam Md 0.5mg Tab
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet contains clonazepam as its active ingredient. It belongs to the group of medicines known as anti-epileptics. It is primarily used to treat psychiatric ailments like anxiety disorders, panic disorders, epileptic fits or seizures and cases of mild sleep disorders. Anxiety disorders present themselves as deep, strong and sustained feelings of worry, fear and indecisiveness in daily life activities, hampering a person's social and mental progress. It has a strong tendency to cause depression. Epilepsy is caused by abnormal overactivity in the brain tissues and is characterised by seizures and uncontrolled body movements. Clonazepam belongs to the group of benzodiazepines and acts by regulating chemicals like gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain to reduce brain activity. It may cause side effects like dizziness, fatigue, headaches, confusion and depression. Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet is a mouth dissolving tablet to be taken with or without food. You can follow it up with a glass of water. Care should be taken to take the doses every day at the same time. There are no dietary restrictions while taking Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet, but alcohol should be avoided to prevent severe side effects. Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet can be prescribed to children based on their health and weight. This medication carries the risk of habit formation over prolonged use; therefore, regular monitoring of patients, especially those with a known history of substance abuse, is necessary. Suddenly stopping Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet may cause withdrawal syndrome (dizziness, sleep problems, excessive sweating or fainting); therefore, consultation with a physician is a must before stopping this medicine....
|You Save||₹6.12 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety issues, Panic disorder, Epilepsy, Seizures, Sleep problems|
|Side effects||Nausea, Dizziness, Confusion, Memory loss, Uncoordinated thinking, Uncontrolled muscle movements|
Check more medicines with composition as Clonazepam(0.5 Mg)
Uses of Zepam Md 0.5 MG
- Zepam Md 0.5mg Tab treats the following:
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic attacks
- Sleep disorders
Contraindications of Zepam Md 0.5 MG
- Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet cannot be given to/given with caution in the following cases:
- Known allergy to clonazepam.
- Kidney problems
- Liver disease
- Lung disease
- Heart ailments
- Severe Sleep disorders
- Low blood pressure
- Wide-angle glaucoma (increased intra eye pressure due to blockage of eye canals due to wide-angle between iris and cornea)
- Closed-angle glaucoma (increased intra eye pressure due to narrow-angle between iris and cornea)
- Bipolar disorder
- Known history of substance abuse.
Side effects of Zepam Md 0.5 MG
- Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet can cause side effects like the following:
- Dizziness, confusion
- Rapid heart rate
- Uncoordinated thoughts and actions
- Memory recollection problems
Precautions and Warnings of Zepam Md 0.5 MG
Can I take a Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet during pregnancy?
No. Data records of clinical trials on animals have established that Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet may be harmful to the developing foetus. Therefore it is advised not to take it while you are pregnant. Consult your physician if you get pregnant or plan to conceive while on the Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet.
Can I take a Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Yes, you can take Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet, but with caution, and it may be prescribed only when necessary and when other optional medicines have failed to work. Consult your physician before taking the medicine.
Can I drive if I have taken the Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet?
You may feel dizzy, confused and tired after taking Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet. Driving or operating any heavy machinery is to be avoided when taking Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet?
No. Alcohol is prohibited while on therapy with Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet as it may increase the severity of side effects like vomiting, confusion, convulsions and uncontrolled muscle tremors.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergy after taking Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet like rashes, hives or swelling on the face.
- You want to increase/decrease the dose of the medication.
- You experience severe side effects that disrupt your everyday life and do not seem to go away with time.
- You want to stop taking the Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet.
- You have missed any dose/doses of Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet.
- You experience any other medical problems after taking Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet.
Mode of Action of Zepam Md 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet contains clonazepam as its active ingredient. Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine that performs anti-epileptic and anxiolytic action. It acts by binding itself to specific gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors in the brain, increasing its activity and stopping other neurotransmitters from sending signals to the brain. It helps to reduce the overactivity/ excitability of the brain. GABA is known as the relaxant of the central nervous system, and it helps make the patient calm and have a good sleep. Thus Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet works by relieving anxiety symptoms and decreasing brain activity to help with seizures and sleep problems. Anxiety disorders present themselves as deep, strong and sustained feelings of worry, fear and indecisiveness in daily life activities, hampering a person's social and mental progress. It can cause clinical depression if not managed in time. Epilepsy is a brain disorder caused by abnormal overactivity in the brain tissues and is characterised by seizures and sudden, uncontrolled body movements....
Directions for Use of Zepam Md 0.5 MG
- Take Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet orally as it is a mouth dissolving tablet.
- Take it with/without food and as many times as prescribed by your doctor. Do not chew or crush the tablet.
- Take the medication at the same time every day.
- Do not change the dose without consultation with your physician.
- Do not stop taking Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet suddenly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms like dizziness, headaches, and sleep problems.
- Check the expiry date before starting on the medication.
- Do not share Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet with anyone else who has any depression/ anxiety issues. Medical consultation is a must for this medication.
Interactions of Zepam Md 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The following medications may cause adverse reactions if given along with Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet:
- Oxycodone (opioid) can cause breathing difficulties, which can be fatal if not managed properly.
- NSAIDs (aspirin) and anticoagulants (warfarin) can increase the risk of bleeding episodes.
- Sedatives/hypnotics can increase the risk of breathing problems.
- Cimetidine (gastric reflux medication) and Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet cause severe side effects like confusion, dizziness and fatigue.
- Rifampicin (anti-tuberculosis) can cause severe liver problems.
- Sodium Oxybate (used to treat excessive daytime sleep) and Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet may cause serious side effects like breathing difficulties, low blood pressure, coma, or even be fatal.
Interactions with food items
- Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet is not reported to show any adverse food reactions. A balanced diet is advised while taking any psychiatric medication.
Storage and disposal of Zepam Md 0.5 MG
Keep Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet in a box. Store it at room temperature and away from direct sunlight and moisture. Keep it away from children and pets at home. Monitor storage regularly to avoid potential misuse. Dispose of any unused Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet with other medical waste. Do not drain away any unused medication in sinks or in washrooms. Do not throw away Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet along with other household waste....
Dosage of Zepam Md 0.5 MG
Overdose of Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet can be accidental due to taking extra medication to make up for missed doses/ taking extra doses when the prescribed dose is not working for you/ intentional. Overdose of Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet can cause drowsiness, confused thinking, and loss of consciousness. It may lead to coma if not managed properly. Any known cases of overdose with Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet should be immediately reported to the emergency department of your nearest healthcare provider. Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet may carry the risk of abuse over prolonged use; therefore, all patients taking this medication should be closely monitored regularly. Family members should be counselled about monitoring doses and signs of overdose....
Missed a Dose
Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet has to be taken every day at around the same time. If you miss a dose of Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet, you can take the missed dose as soon as you realise that you have missed the dose. If it is time for the next dose, take the next scheduled dose and continue as usual. Do not double your dose without consulting your physician. Inform your physician about any missed dose/doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will I start feeling good after starting the Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet?
A: It may take up to 2 to 6 weeks for Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet to completely work for you. Sometimes, the effect may be seen in a few hours of taking the tablet. Talk to your doctor if you think that the Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet does not work for you or if you do not feel any better even after six weeks from the start of treatment.
Q: Can I take Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet if I have liver issues?
A: There is only one case reported of liver toxicity associated with compromised liver conditions and clonazepam. Therefore it is generally considered safe to take Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet if you have liver problems. Consult with your physician about taking Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet when having liver problems, as it may cause a temporary increase in liver by-products.
Q: Can Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet be addictive even for children?
A: Zepam Md 0.5mg tablet may carry the risk of being addictive over prolonged use. All patients on this medication should be closely monitored regularly and evaluated for signs of worsening mental health, especially known cases of a previous history of substance abuse. Consult your physician if you are concerned about your child's health while taking this medication.
- Anderson, K. N., & Shneerson, J. M. (2009). Drug treatment of REM sleep behavior disorder: the use of drug therapies other than clonazepam. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine: JCSM 5(3), 235–239. [cited 15 Mar 2022].
- Clonazepam: Bullous dermatosis in an elderly patient: case report. Reactions Weekly, 1440(1): 13. 2013. [cited 15 Mar 2022].
- Klonopin (clonazepam) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more. [cited 15 Mar 2022].
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.