Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab is an antibiotic that belongs to the group of fluoroquinolone and fights various bacterial infections.
Uses of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab use includes the treatment of urinary tract infection, skin infection, infection of stomach and intestine, respiratory tract infection, infection of male and female genital organs and infection due to micro-organisms such as Chlamydia and Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacteria.
Contraindications of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
- It is advisable to avoid Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab in the following cases: if you are allergic to it or any other antibiotics which belong to a class of fluoroquinolone
- if you are suffering from epilepsy or fits
- if you have problems related to tendon such as inflammation and swelling of the ligaments (tendonitis)
- if you are pregnant or lactating
- if you are deficient to glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase or have a family history of same
- if you are under 18 years of age
Side effects of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
- Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab side effects include: Allergic reaction
- Permanent severe tendon and nerve damage
- Sign of increased pressure in the skull, vision changes, pain behind your eyes, ringing in your ears and headache. Liver problem, nausea, upper abdominal pain, yellow discolouration of eyes, nails, skin, dark urine and clay-coloured stoolread less
- Fainting, slow or fast breathing, fast heartbeats, headache and chest pain
- Mucus or bloody diarrhoea with stomach cramps or pain
- Sore skin, easy bruising, bleeding, sunburn, purple rash on the skin, causing ulceration and bleeding
- Altered mood, behavioural changes, depression, hallucination, paranoia, tremors, insomnia and nightmares
Precautions and Warnings of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
Can I take Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab during pregnancy?
Avoid the use of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab during pregnancy.
Can I take Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Don't take Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab while breastfeeding as it may pass into human milk and harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab?
Avoid the consumption of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab if you are going to drive or use any machine as its consumption may lead to sleepiness or dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab?
You should not drink alcohol while consuming Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab as it may increase sleepiness or lower blood pressure.
Mode of Action of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab composition prevents the bacterial growth by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a type II topoisomerase, and topoisomerase IV, which is an enzyme necessary to separate (mostly in prokaryotes, in bacteria in particular) the replicated DNA.
Directions for Use of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
It is advisable to take this medicine as per your physician's advice. Use plenty of water to rehydrate. Do confirm its usage with your pharmacist. Please do not modify the dose or stop it before the prescribed duration, even if you feel better. In case of unusual observation, contact a physician immediately.
Interactions of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab interacts with other antibiotics, leading to more chances of side effects. It also interacts with diuretics, heart rhythm drugs, theophylline, methotrexate, blood thinners, medicines used to treat depression and psychological conditions, and products that contain calcium, aluminium, zinc, magnesium.read less
Interactions with food items
Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab interacts with dairy products, so avoid taking the medication two hours before or after consuming any dairy products.
Other general Interactions
There is no relevant information to this product.
Storage and disposal of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab should be stored at room temperature and kept away from sunlight and moisture. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use it beyond the stated expiry of the product.
Dosage of Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
Taking more than the required Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab dosage may result in extreme dizziness, confusion or fits.
Missed a Dose
Complete the scheduled course of medicine as prescribed by a medical practitioner. If the prescribed dose is missed, take the drug as soon as you remember it, but if it is time to administer the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose. Avoid skipping doses as this may lead to antibiotic resistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What things need to be discussed with healthcare provider before taking Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab ?
A: You should inform the doctor if you are suffering from any heart, kidney, liver diseases, myasthenia gravis, diabetes, joint, muscle, tendon problem, nerve disorder, history of convulsions, heart rhythm disorders or slow heartbeats, family history or personal history of long QT syndrome, low level of potassium in the blood. Inform the doctor if you are consuming medicines for blood thinners (warfarin or coumarin). Inform doctors if you are allergic to ofloxacin or any other drug. Inform the doctor if you are taking any supplements to avoid interaction with Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab.
Q: How do you store the medicine?
A: Medication should be stored at room temperature; also keep it away from sunlight and moisture.
Q: What are the things to note while taking Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab?
- Avoid taking medicine for diarrhoea.
- Avoid sunlight exposure as that may lead to skin allergies.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machines while taking the drug as that may lead to dizziness.
- Avoid taking the following drugs two hours before or after Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab: didanosine, supplements and antacids that contain calcium, aluminium, iron, zinc, magnesium, milk of magnesia, ulcer medicine sucralfate.read less
- Avoid live vaccines (like typhoid vaccine) as their effectiveness may be hampered.
Q: When and how should the medicine be consumed?
- You must take the drug exactly the way it is prescribed by the physician. Follow the instructions of your doctor and those mentioned on the prescription label.
- Do not modify the dose unless recommended by your doctor. Do not take it longer or shorter than advised. Using the drug when not required or if stopped unless advised can make the infection resistant to the antibiotic.read less
- Take the medicine with or without food as advised by your physician.
- Maintain the time interval between two doses.
- Drink plenty of fluids while you are taking this drug unless otherwise advised by your physician.
- For better efficacy take the drug two hours before or after dairy products and those drugs or supplements that make it less effective.
Q: Does Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab make you sleepy?
A: Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab may cause some people to become dizzy, lightheaded, drowsy or less alert than they normally are.
Q: Can Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab be used for urinary tract infections?
A: Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab tablets can be used to treat bacterial infections in the urinary tract.
Q: Can Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab be used for children?
A: Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab should be avoided for patients who are under 18 years of age.
Other Variants for
Zanocin Ds 400mg Tab
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 12:12 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved