Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
By AJANTA PHARMA LIMITED
5g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream Description
Viveta cream contains two active medicines called lidocaine and tetracaine. Both of these are local anaesthetic medications used to produce numbness on the skin for purposes such as filler injection,
laser therapy, etc.
|You Save||₹27.08 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tetracaine(7.0 %W/W) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(7.0 %W/W)|
|Uses||Local anaesthesia on skin|
|Side effects||Skin redness, skin discolouration, swelling, rash, dry skin|
Check more medicines with composition as Tetracaine(7.0 %W/W) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(7.0 %W/W)
Uses of Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
- Local topical anaesthesia on skin for skin procedures like dermal filler injection, laser therapy (pulsed dye), laser resurfacing
- Before tattoo removal using laser
Contraindications of Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
- Hypersensitivity to para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA)
- History of allergic reaction to lidocaine, tetracaine or other local anaesthesia medicines of chemical categories of amide or ester or to other components of the cream
Side effects of Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
- Rash on the skin
- Discolouration of skin
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
Is applying the Viveta cream safe during pregnancy?
It should only be used in pregnancy if the potential benefit outweighs the risk to the foetus and the woman. A doctor will decide this based on your need.
Is it okay to apply Viveta cream when I'm breastfeeding?
One of the active medicines, lidocaine is excreted into breast milk when taken orally. However, the same is not known about tetracaine. Hence, the cream should be used with caution in nursing mothers.
Can I drive after using the Viveta cream?
Ask your doctor about the safety of driving after the use of this cream. Typically, there are no interactions of the cream with driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol while using the Viveta cream?
Consult your doctor about the safety of drinking alcohol after using the cream as typically there is no interaction of the cream expected with oral consumption of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have experienced discomfort after taking any anaesthetic
- You are suffering from any other disease and are taking medication for it
- You feel irritation in the eyes or the cream has accidentally touched the eye membrane
- You have cuts, or broken, inflamed skin anywhere
- You have experienced allergic reaction with any of the active constituents previously
- You are sensitive to the effects of tetracaine or lidocaine when given in the blood
- You will be given other local anaesthetic agents too
- You have been vaccinated recently or will take one soon
- You have liver problems or deficiency of enzyme called pseudocholinesterase
- You have suffered from a blood disorder of deficiency of methemoglobin
- You are taking medicines for abnormal heart rhythm
Mode of Action of Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
How Does It Work?
Both lidocaine and tetracaine block the chemicals that are responsible for sensory impulses. Hence, no sensation is felt on the area on which the cream is applied. No pain is felt on the area.
Directions for Use of Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
- This cream should only be applied by a doctor or a nurse and is not for use at home
- It should not be allowed to come in contact with pets or children
- It should be stored in the refrigerator
- Hands must be washed thoroughly after the use of Viveta cream
- It must not be used on mucous membranes
- Do not use more quantity than told by the doctor
- Do not leave the cream on the skin for more than two hours
- Do not apply on skin that is broken, injured, irritated or scratched
- It should not be applied to a site after a procedure has been done on it
- After application, the area should not be covered with a waterproof dressing or there may be a risk of overdosing
Interactions of Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
When used concurrently with other medicines containing lidocaine or tetracaine, the toxic effects may be enhanced and the action is increased more than required
Storage and disposal of Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
- Refrigerate the cream and store at 2-8 degrees Celsius. Do not freeze the product. It can, however, be stored at room temperatures for up to 3 months
- Do not dispose in the drain
Dosage of Viveta Tube Of 5gm Cream
- In case of an overdosage, contact you doctor immediately, especially if you start seeing effects like problems with breathing, blood pressure, etc.
- In case of contact with the eyes or lips, wash them thoroughly with water and ask the doctor if any symptoms appear
Missed a Dose
If you forget to apply the cream, apply it on the next scheduled dose. Do not apply a double dose. Typically, this medicine is used by a doctor, so there is no chance of a missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long will I feel numbness on the area after Viveta cream is applied?
A: You may feel numb for a couple of hours after application of the cream. Consult your doctor if you feel any discomfort.
Q: Is this cream used in all age groups?
A: Since its safety has not been proven in children, it is not used in them. Elderly patients too may be more sensitive to this cream, hence, the dose may be adjusted in them.
Q: What should one do if one experiences irritation when the cream is applied?
A: The product should be removed immediately if the patient feels any irritation right after applicatioon.
Q: I have previously vomited after waking up from a general anaesthesia. Is it safe for me?
A: If you have had any issues with anaesthesia before, you must tell your doctor this. An alternative may be used for your case.
- DailyMed - LIDOCAINE AND TETRACAINE cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]. Available from: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=db56db69-969e-4d35-93ce-f1208a965631
- PLIAGLIS® (lidocaine and tetracaine) Cream, for topical use [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/021717s005lbl.pdf
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed