Ultramed D Tablet
Ultramed D Tablet Description
Ultramed-D Tablet belongs to the class of analgesics. It is used in the symptomatic treatment of moderate to severe pain like Joint pain, arthritic pain, diabetic gastroparesis, nausea and vomiting,
headache, toothache, ear pain, period pain, fever and other conditions. Ultramed-D Tablet 10's contains- Domperidone (10mg) + Paracetamol (325mg) + Tramadol (37.5mg). Domperidone is an antiemetic medicine that controls vomiting. It also increases movement and contraction of the stomach and intestines, allowing food to move more quickly through the stomach. Paracetamol/ Acetaminophen is a pain and fever reliever that functions by blocking the dismissal of specific chemical messengers that cause fever and pain. Tramadol is an opioid analgesic (pain reliever) that works by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain to lower pain perception. Tramadol containing medicines should be prescribed with caution in patients with a history of seizures. The most common side effects of Ultramed-D Tablet include Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, sleepiness etc. These side effects resolve with time and do not require urgent medical attention. You must confer with your doctor before taking this medicine. Your doctor may ask about your past and current medical history before prescribing Ultramed-D Tablet.
|You Save||₹19.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tramadol(37.5 Mg) + Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of severe acute pain-joint pain, arthritic pain, headache, toothache, ear pain, periods pain, vertigo and vestibular disorders, motion sickness, nausea, vomiting, indigestion.|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, constipation, skin rash, dry mouth, sleepiness, weakness, dizziness, excessive sweating, seizure.|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Uses of Ultramed D Tablet
- Joint pain
- Intense & sudden pain
- Arthritic pain
- Symptoms associated with idiopathic or diabetic gastroparesis
- Nausea and vomiting
- Ear pain
- Periods pain
- Vertigo And Vestibular Disorder
- Motion Sickness
Contraindications of Ultramed D Tablet
- Congestive heart failure
- Liver diseases
- Other Heart diseases
- Seizure and Epilepsy
- Medicine abuse
- Patients on monoamine oxidase inhibitors like selegiline and phenelzine or within two weeks of their withdrawal
Side effects of Ultramed D Tablet
- Skin Rash
- Dry mouth
- Excessive Sweating
Precautions and Warnings of Ultramed D Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have severe symptoms like convulsion or seizure.
- You have frequent shifts in mood or behaviour, confusion, hallucinations, or suicidal thoughts.
- You have been taking this medicine for a long time. This medicine contains Domperidone which has a potential risk for abuse and addiction.
Mode of Action of Ultramed D Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ultramed D Tablet
- Ultramed-D Tablet should be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets.
- Take this medicine before or after meals or as prescribed by your doctor.
- The doctor gives the dose and duration based on your past medical history and current health condition.
- If you have missed a dose of Ultramed-D Tablet, take it as soon as you remember and do not overdose as it may lead to serious side effects.
- Consult your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or you experience any undesirable effects.
- Do not abruptly stop taking medicine without consulting your doctor, as it may cause withdrawal symptoms such as nervousness, mood disturbances, hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, muscle aches, diarrhoea, and nausea....
Interactions of Ultramed D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO)- Phenelzine, Procarbazine, Isocarboxazid, Rasagiline
- Antidepressants- Fluoxetine, Paroxetine.
- HIV medicines- Ritonavir
- Antifungal -Itraconazole, Ketoconazole
Interactions with food items
- There is not enough research available regarding the interaction of this medicine with food and beverage. However, some studies show that you should avoid alcohol during treatment with this medicine, increasing the risk of severe side effects....
Storage and disposal of Ultramed D Tablet
Dosage of Ultramed D Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Zishan Ahmad
Final year MBBS Student
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology