Topinate Gel 15gm
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
15g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Topinate Gel 15gm is a steroid medicine containing Clobetasol as its active ingredient. It is used to treat skin conditions such as contact dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema. It is meant for external use only and should be used exactly as directed by the doctor. Burning, itching and irritation of the skin at the site of application are few side effects of this medicine. Contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens.
Uses of Topinate Gel 15gm
Topinate Gel 15gm is used for infections of the skin (psoriasis, itching, eczema or dermatitis). You can also use it for symptoms such as swelling, burning sensation, redness and pain in the skin.
Contraindications of Topinate Gel 15gm
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol or any other ingredients of Topinate Gel 15gm.
- If you are suffering from acne or pimples.
- Do not use it if you experience severe skin redness on and around your nose, a spotty rash around your mouth or itching around your anus or genitals.
- This medicine is not recommended for children below one year of age.
Side effects of Topinate Gel 15gm
- Dry skin
- Thinning of the skin
- Hair loss
- Burning, itching and irritation of the skin at the site of application.
- If you use it for a prolonged period, it may result in weight gain, swelling of the face, lips and eyelids, sleep disturbances, mood changes or severe skin irritation.
Precautions and Warnings of Topinate Gel 15gm
Can I use Topinate Gel 15gm during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Topinate Gel 15gm during pregnancy. Topical steroids are associated with abnormalities in the unborn baby if absorbed in a significant amount. Therefore, it should only be used if the benefit outweighs the risk and for the smallest possible duration in minimum dosage.
Can I use Topinate Gel 15gm while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the safety of Topinate Gel 15gm in breastfeeding women. Hence, it should be considered only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the risk to the infant. Avoid application on areas near the breast to prevent accidental ingestion by the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have applied Topinate Gel 15gm?
There is no significant evidence of the effect of this medication on driving.
Can I consume alcohol after using Topinate Gel 15gm?
There is no known interaction of this medication with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an infection or allergy while using Topinate Gel 15gm
- Please make sure to clean the skin before applying this medicine and do not apply near the eyes or eyelids.
- You should not use this medicine for more than 5 days, specifically on the face. If there is no improvement in the infection consult your doctor.
- Prolonged use is associated with a disease called Cushing syndrome characterised by fatty hump between shoulders, round swollen face and purple coloured stretch marks.
Mode of Action of Topinate Gel 15gm
How Does It Work?
Clobetasol acts by decreasing the action of chemicals responsible for causing swelling and itching in the body. Thus, it is for treating skin conditions such as psoriasis, allergies and eczema.
Directions for Use of Topinate Gel 15gm
You should apply the specified amount to the affected area as advised by the doctor. Use this medicine as per your physician's advice. Avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest it. Clean the skin before applying for preparation.
Interactions of Topinate Gel 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Topinate Gel 15gm is to be used externally on the skin and it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating health conditions.read less
- This medicine interacts with Ritonavir and Itraconazole.
Storage and disposal of Topinate Gel 15gm
- Topinate Gel 15gm should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and moist areas.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired product and do not use it beyond the stated expiry date.
Dosage of Topinate Gel 15gm
Chances of overdose are unlikely as it is meant for external application. However, significant misuse and excess application can lead to symptoms like easy bruising, increased acne or facial hair, thinning of the skin and menstrual problems. If you have applied too much of this medicine wipe off the extra medicine with the help of cotton or tissue.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this medicine, do it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any habitual tendencies associated with Topinate Gel 15gm?
A: There is no evidence of a habitual tendency with this medicine.
Q: Can Topinate Gel 15gm be used as an antifungal?
A: This medicine is not an antifungal. It is a very potent steroid that reduces skin inflammation.
Q: Is the use of Topinate Gel 15gm dangerous?
A: A severe allergic reaction is rare. However, it is advisable to get medical help if you observe any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction such as rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness or trouble breathing.
Q: Can I use this medication on my 4-month-old child?
A: No, do not use this medicine in children as their skin is delicate and can lead to significant absorption and associated side effects.
Q: Can I use this medicine if I am pregnant or planning to have a child?
A: No, you should not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning a baby. Significant absorption from the skin can lead to foetal abnormalities. However, the doctor may perhaps prescribe it if the benefit of the treatment outweighs the risk.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved