Thiosol 500mg Injection 1'S
Thiosol 500 MG Description
Thiosol injection is an anaesthetic medication used for maintaining unconsciousness or sleep during surgical procedures. Thiosol injection contains Thiopental Sodium (500mg) as the main component. T
hiopental injection causes loss of consciousness for a short period, which helps carry out surgical procedures or diagnostic procedures without pain or discomfort. Thiosol injection should be administered in a clinical or hospital setting by doctors or trained healthcare professionals. Thiosol injection is reserved only for health care personnel trained in anesthesiology.
|You Save||₹6.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Thiopentone / Thiopental / Penthiobarbital(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Induction of general anaesthesia|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, Dizziness, Shallow breathing, Sneezing, Slow heartbeat, Chills or shivering|
Uses of Thiosol 500 MG
- Thiosol Injection is used for induction of general anaesthesia.
Contraindications of Thiosol 500 MG
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to any component of the Thiosol Injection, i.e. Thiopental
- If you have porphyria (a group of disorders causing nerve or skin problems
- If you have increased blood urea
- If you have any thyroid disorder
- If you have Addison's disease (an adrenal gland disorder)
- If you have myasthenia gravis (a condition that causes weakness of skeletal muscle)
- If you have heart disease
- If you have severe kidney or liver diseases
- If you have severe respiratory issues like asthma
Side effects of Thiosol 500 MG
- Side effects of Thiosol injection include the following
- Shallow breathing
- Slow heartbeat
- Chills or shivering
Precautions and Warnings of Thiosol 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking Thiosol injection.
- You have hypoventilation or apnea.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You have a cough, breathing issue or any other respiratory illness.
- You experience any severe side effects persistently.
- You are using other prescription medications or ayurvedic/ herbal medicines, vitamins and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of Thiosol 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thiosol 500 MG
- Thiosol injection should be administered by a doctor or healthcare professionals only.
- Wash hands carefully before giving an injection.
- Shake the vial before using it.
- Before injection, clean the injection site with alcohol or disinfectant.
- Thiosol Injection should not be used unless prescribed by a doctor.
Interactions of Thiosol 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Thiosol injection should not be used concomitantly with Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, Selegiline, Rasagiline, etc. as it can cause serious side effects like decreased breathing, low heart rate, etc....
- Thiosol injection interaction with anti-anxiety medicine, diazepam, clonazepam, chlordiazepoxide, alprazolam and lorazepam, can cause sedation and drowsiness.
- Interaction of Thiosol injection with painkillers, such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, and codeine, may lead to extreme sedation and drowsiness.
- Interaction with probenecid may result in prolonged action of Thiosol injection.
- Interaction with metoclopramide and droperidol reduces the dose of Thiosol injection required to induce anaesthesia.
- Interaction with benzodiazepines like Midazolam potentiates the anaesthetic effects of Thiosol injection.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue with the regular diet unless instructed.
Storage and disposal of Thiosol 500 MG
Dosage of Thiosol 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does side effects of Thiosol injection last longer?
Q: What should I avoid after receiving Thiosol injection?
Q: How long do the effects of Thiosol injection last?
- Thiopental powder for solution for injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]
- [Internet]. Rxlist.com. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]
- Thiopental: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]