Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telpres Am Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a combination of telmisartan and amlodipine as its active ingredients. Along with the medicine you need to be particular about your diet like a low salt diet and should include exercise in your daily routine. You should not take any potassium supplements during the treatment because it may increase the blood potassium level. During the treatment, it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure and the doctor may also ask for few kidney tests also during the treatment. It is not safe during pregnancy, so you need to discuss about pregnancy before starting the treatment....
|You Save||₹43.21 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg),Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Swelling in hands, feet, redness of face, back pain, weakness|
Check more medicines with composition as Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Telpres Am Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have a known allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have diabetes and already taking a medicine containing aliskiren.
Side effects of Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swelling in hands, feet
- Redness of face
- Back pain
- Stomachache, diarrhoea
- Headache, dizziness
- Fall in blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Telpres Am Tablet during pregnancy?
Telpres Am Tablet should not be used if you are pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby as it may cause serious harm to the foetus. If you are planning for a pregnancy, discuss with your doctor as the doctor may shift you to another medicine.
Can I take Telpres Am Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the safety of the Telpres Am Tablet while breastfeeding. Thus, alternative treatment should be preferred. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telpres Am Tablet?
After taking this medicine you may feel dizzy or lightheaded especially when you get up from a lying or sitting position. So be cautious while driving or before using any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Telpres Am Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. However, it is advised to avoid alcohol during the treatment as it can cause adverse effects. So, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You are planning for a pregnancy.
- You may experience a sudden drop in blood pressure. If you feel unwell, then lay down in bed for some time and then get up. In such situations, doctors generally start the treatment with less dose and close medical supervision....
- Also if you are taking any kind of potassium supplements, because Telpres Am Tablet can lead to electrolyte imbalance. It may increase the level of potassium levels.
- You are already taking other medicines to treat blood pressure (like aliskiren), it may lead to a few side effects including a sudden drop in blood pressure
- You are suffering from any kind of heart problem, As it may worsen the heart problem sometimes. The doctor decides the dose accordingly.
- You have a history of heart failure, you need to be monitored closely.
Mode of Action of Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telpres Am Tablet is a combination of two medicines telmisartan and amlodipine. Amlodipine inhibits calcium entry into the cells of the heart and blood vessels and relaxes the arteries so that blood can easily flow....
- Telmisartan works by blocking the formation of a chemical called angiotensin II in the body responsible for the tightening of blood vessels.
- This combined action of these two ingredients relaxes the blood vessels and makes the heart more efficient to pump the blood throughout the body. Thereby helps in lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medicine with or without food.
- Try to take the medicine at the same time daily.
Interactions of Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Telpres Am Tablet may interact with other medicines if taken at the same time, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Simultaneous use of Telpres Am Tablet and heart-related medicines like digoxin should be avoided.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics along with the Telpres Am Tablet.
- Concomitant use of Telpres Am Tablet and painkillers, should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are lithium, water pills, immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, etc.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid grapefruit juice as it impacts the effectiveness of this medicine.
- It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, potatoes. Also, try to reduce the amount of salt in food and increase water intake.
Storage and disposal of Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine at room temperature (between 20° to 25°C).
- Store it in original packaging.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Telpres Am 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose may include a drop in blood pressure, dizziness, irregular heartbeats, etc. If you suspect an overdose and experience any symptoms or side effects, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician.
Q: Can potassium supplements be taken along with Telpres Am Tablet?
- Telpres Am Tablet is known to increase blood potassium levels. So it is advised not to take any supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with this medicine.
- Doctors may also ask for regular tests to determine blood potassium during the treatment.
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
- Try to have less amount of potassium-containing foods like mushrooms, pea, cucumber, banana, etc.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
Q: Can I take Telpres Am Tablet on an empty stomach?
A: Yes, it can be taken with or without food
Q: What are some other precautions I should take during the treatment?
A: Sometimes it could lead to light-headedness when you get up slowly from a lying position. You may also experience swelling in your ankle area, in such a situation you could raise your legs a little while sleeping, by keeping a pillow underneath.
- AMLOPRES-TL Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]
- Prevent High Blood Pressure | cdc.gov [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]
- Does grapefruit affect my medicine? [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]
- How alcohol affects blood pressure [Internet]. Mayo Clinic. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After