Risnia 2mg Tablet
Risnia 2 MG Description
Risnia 2 mg Tablets are used in the treatment of schizophrenia ( inability to think, feel and act clearly), mania ( hyperactivity and intense moods, symptoms of bipolar disorder (mania and depression
), anger associated with Alzheimer's disease ( progressive memory loss) and autism. Risnia contains an active ingredient called risperidone, which belongs to the atypical antipsychotic class of medications. Risnia Tablets only provide symptomatic relief. After evaluating your clinical condition, your consulting physician will determine the dose and frequency of Risnia Tablets. It takes several weeks to months for Risnia Tabs to reach its full clinical effectiveness. Risnia Tabs can be taken with or without food. You may gain weight as this tablet increases appetite. Risnia Tablet reduces mental alertness, and thus, you should not drive or use heavy motor machines. You may experience certain side effects such as abnormal movements, weight gain, shaky hands, low mood, dizziness, difficulty in maintaining sleep.
|You Save||₹3.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||schizophrenia, mania, anger associated with Alzheimer's disease and autism|
|Side effects||abnormal movements, weight gain, shaky hands, low mood, dizziness, difficulty in maintaining sleep|
Uses of Risnia 2 MG
- Risnia 2 mg Tablet can be used for,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of mania
- Treatment of anger associated with Alzheimer's disease and autism
Contraindications of Risnia 2 MG
- If you are allergic to Risperidone or Paliperidone
- If you recently had a stroke
- If you have dementia-related psychosis
- If you have high prolactin levels in your blood
- If you have sexual dysfunction
- If you have poorly controlled diabetes
- If you have arrhythmia
- If you have Parkinson's disease or any other movement controlling disorder
- If you have a low white blood cell count
- If you have low blood pressure
- If you have suicidal ideation
- If you are lactose intolerant
Side effects of Risnia 2 MG
- Abnormal movements
- Weight gain
- Shaky hands
- Low mood
- Difficulty in maintaining sleep
- Orthostatic hypotension
Precautions and Warnings of Risnia 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience abnormal movements.
- You have sexual dysfunction.
- You develop frequent infections whose symptoms are fever, chills, weakness, runny nose, loose motions, sore throat.
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You notice enlargement or changes in breast size after starting this tablet.
Mode of Action of Risnia 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Risnia 2 MG
- Swallow Risnia 2 mg Tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew it.
- You should take Risnia Tablet before your meals.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take Risnia 2 mg Tablet at the same time each day.
- Do not alter the prescribed dosage or frequency of Risnia 2 mg Tabs without consulting with your doctor.
- Do not discontinue the use of Risnia Tablet abruptly even if you feel better, as your original symptoms are very likely to return if the recommended course of medication is not completed.
Interactions of Risnia 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Risnia 2 mg Tablets may interact with the following medications; therefore, it is critical that you inform your consulting physician about any medications and health supplements you are currently taking :...
- Antihypertensives like enalapril, furosemide (to decrease blood pressure ) may lower blood pressure to an undesired level
- Antibiotics like rifampicin can decrease the effects of Risnia 2 mg Tab
- Anti-acidity medicines like cimetidine and ranitidine can increase the serum levels of risperidone
- Anti-epilepsy medicines like carbamazepine may decrease the levels of risperidone
- Antidepressants such as fluoxetine may increase the toxicity of risperidone
- The effects of anti-Parkinson's agents, like levodopa, may be neutralised by risperidone
- Medicines that increase mental activity like methylphenidate can aggravate mania
Interactions with food items
- Avoid consuming caffeine-containing food and beverages like chocolate, tea, coffee, energy drinks, etc., as it may cause agitation, hyperactivity, and irritability. Furthermore, it will reduce the calming effect of Risnia 2 mg Tablet....
- Abstain from alcohol and tobacco during the course of your treatment with Risnia 2 mg Tablets
- There are no other specific food interactions of Risnia 2 mg Tabs. You can continue with your normal diet unless advised otherwise by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Risnia 2 MG
Dosage of Risnia 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use this Risnia Tablet for a long period of time?
Q: How long does it take for Risnia Tablet to work?
Q: Will I gain weight after taking Risnia Tablets?
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]. Available from:
- . Risperidone – an antipyschotic medicine used to help symptoms of mental health conditions [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]. Available from:
- DailyMed - RISPERIDONE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Risperidone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]. Available from
- Risperidone 2mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]. Available from:
- Risperidone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]. Available from: