Restyl 1mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Restyl tablet is used for short-term management of panic disorder, anxiety disorder, and anxiety in patients with depressive disorder. It has a single active ingredient: alprazolam. It belongs to a class of medicines that reduce anxiety. This class of medicines works by balancing the chemical substances in the brain that slow down the excessive brain activity and relaxes the overworked nervous system. Anxiety or panic attacks occur due to overstimulation of the nerve cells. The proper dosage of Restyl tablets helps in relieving these conditions. Take this medication in the exact dose prescribed by the doctor as it can cause various adverse effects like drowsiness, fatigue, etc. It can also be habit-forming. It can cause physical as well as psychological dependence. Take this medication at the same time daily, as it helps in maintaining a constant dose in the body. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like cramps, sweating, vomiting, tremors, stuffy nose, etc. The dose should be slowly tapered. It can cause weight gain and weight loss; it depends on the individual and varies from person to person....
|You Save||₹9.46 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, panic disorder, anxiety associated with depression.|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, Blurred speech, Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Change in sex drive, Balancing problems, Suicidal thoughts, Hallucinations, Memory problems, Jaundice, Seizures.|
Check more medicines with composition as Alprazolam(1.0 Mg)
Uses of Restyl 1 MG
- As per CDSCO, Restyl tablets are helpful in,
- Short-term management of the symptoms of Anxiety disorder (restlessness, irritability, fatigue, concentration problems, etc.)
- Treatment of Panic disorder like panic attacks (helps you feel calm, and improves cognitive abilities.)
- Short-term treatment for regulating anxiety in patients diagnosed with depression.
Contraindications of Restyl 1 MG
- If you have an allergy to any component of the Restyl tablet.
- If you have a history of addiction to alcohol or substance abuse, this medicine has potential to cause physical and psychological dependency.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant, this can cause congenital disabilities in the developing unborn babies.
- If you are breastfeeding, Restyl can have adverse effects on newborn babies.
- If you experience sudden mood changes, suicidal or other harmful thoughts.
- If you take any narcotic or opioid pain relievers.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are taking antiepileptic medication.
- If you are diagnosed with closed-angle glaucoma, an eye disorder, this medicine can increase the fluid pressure in the eye.
- If you are a child younger than 18 years old.
- If you have breathing problems like asthma, sleep apnea, etc.
- If you are at risk of falling a lot or having sudden dizziness.
Side effects of Restyl 1 MG
- Blurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Change in sex drive
- Balancing problems
Precautions and Warnings of Restyl 1 MG
Can I take the Restyl tablet during pregnancy?
No, Restyl tablets are unsafe during pregnancy. Some studies have shown that there is a definite risk to unborn babies. Do not take Restyl without consulting your doctor.
Can I take the Restyl tablet while breastfeeding?
No, you should consult your doctor before taking the Restyl tablet. It can be unsafe during breastfeeding. There is only limited data on the effects of this tablet on the breastfeeding baby. Studies suggested that the Restyl tablet may pass into the milk and cause undesirable effects on the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken the Restyl tablet?
No, do not drive after taking the Restyl tablet. It can cause side effects like dizziness, sleepiness and blurred vision that can affect your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Restyl tablet?
No, you should not consume alcohol with a Restyl tablet. It can interfere with the function of the Restyl and cause increased side effects. It also increases the effects of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any previous lung, kidney, or liver disease.
- You conceive or are planning a pregnancy during the course of medication.
- You are using oral contraceptives.
- You are an elderly patient over the age of 65 years. High doses of Restyl tablets may cause serious adverse effects due to slow metabolism in elderly patients.
- You are going to have a medical or dental procedure.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like sweating, tremors, nausea, agitation, and confusion. Do not stop using this medicine suddenly. The dose needs to be slowly tapered.
- You are using any vitamin, ayurvedic, herbal medicines, and supplements. Some can interfere with this medicine and can cause adverse effects.
Mode of Action of Restyl 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Restyl tablets contain one active ingredient: alprazolam. It belongs to the class of tranquillisers and benzodiazepines (depressants). This medicine binds to certain receptors in the brain that increase the activity of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), a natural chemical messenger in the brain. Improving the effects of GABA causes suppression of the brain’s excessive and abnormal electrical activity of the nerve cells. This brings about a feeling of calm. However, this medicine does not cause any changes to the levels of GABA in the body....
Directions for Use of Restyl 1 MG
- Take the Restyl tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take this tablet with or without eating.
- Do not exceed the dosage of Restyl tablets, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take Restyl tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew or break it into pieces or chew.
- Do not take Restyl tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not take if the package of Restyl tablet has been already opened.
Interactions of Restyl 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Restyl tablet can reduce the effects of antifungal medication, like itraconazole and ketoconazole.
- If you are currently taking antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like fluoxetine and desipramine. Using this medicine can cause increased side effects.
- Restyl tablets can reduce the effect of oral contraceptives or birth control pills.
- Do not mix Restyl tablets with antihistamines (allergy medicines), opioid painkillers, sleeping pills, etc., as it can increase drowsiness and fatigue.
- Do not take other sedatives like sertraline with Restyl tablets, as it enhances the side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit and its juice, as it reduces the effect of this medicine.
- Avoid taking St John’s wort, a medicinal herb for depression with Restyl tablets.
Storage and disposal of Restyl 1 MG
Store Restyl tablets in dry conditions at room temperature. Keep them away from wet surfaces, humid conditions and direct sunlight. Dispose of the packaging carefully after using Restyl tablets. Do not use Restyl tablets if the package has been opened. Check the expiration date before taking the medicine. Do not use this tablet after its expiration date. Keep Restyl tablets away from the reach of children and pets....
Dosage of Restyl 1 MG
Restyl tablet overdose can cause symptoms like extreme drowsiness, dizziness, loss of consciousness, problems with coordination, confusion, loss of balance, difficulty speaking, yellowing of eyes and skin (due to liver failure), seizures, and coma. If you overdose on Restyl medicine and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the Restyl tablet, take it as soon as possible. If you remember missing a dose of this medicine when it's already time to take the next dose of Restyl tablet, then skip the missed dose and take the next one. Talk to your doctor if you have any confusion about the dose. Do not take both doses together as it can cause an overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a Restyl tablet for depression?
A: No, Restyl tablets are not used in the treatment of depression. However, it is used to manage anxiety due to depression. In such circumstances, use it only when your doctor suggests it.
Q: Can I use a Restyl tablet if I have seizures?
A: Do not use the Restyl tablet without consulting your doctor if you have seizure disorders. This medicine can have interactions that can worsen the condition or cause side effects. Do not stop using this medicine suddenly without talking to your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms and precipitate seizures.
Q: Can I use the Restyl tablet safely for a long duration?
A: Use Restyl tablets in the exact dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor. Do not use it for longer than recommended. This medicine can cause physical and psychological dependency if you use it for a long duration. Hence, the dosage and duration should be carefully monitored.
- Alprazolam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Jan 21]. Available from:
- Ait-Daoud N, Hamby AS, Sharma S, Blevins D. A review of Alprazolam use, misuse, and withdrawal [Internet]. Journal of addiction medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2018 [cited 2022 Jan 21]. Available from:`
- Singh T, Rajput MI. Alprazolam as a monotherapy for anxiety and depression [Internet]. Psychiatry (Edgmont (Pa. : Township)). Matrix Medical Communications; 2005 [cited 2022 Jan 21]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Jan 21]. Available from:
Expires on or After