Rantac Injection 2ml
By J B CHEMICALS AND PHARMACEUTICALS
2ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rantac Injection is a commonly administered medicine used to treat stomach-related problems, especially acid reflux. It a proton pump inhibitor and blocks the proton pumps in the stomach wall responsi
ble for the production of acid. It also has anti-acid reflux actions. It is used to treat stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related disorders like heartburn, chest discomfort and indigestion. This injection works best when taken on an empty stomach. You should tell your doctor about your medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take or might take....
Uses of Rantac Injection 2ml
Rantac Injection is prescribed to treat ulcers in the stomach or intestine. For Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the pancreas, which causes an oversecretion of stomach acids). Treatment of Ga
stroesophageal reflux disease (symptoms like heartburn & chest pain right after eating)....
Contraindications of Rantac Injection 2ml
- If allergic to pantoprazole or other proton pump inhibitors.
- If you are on antiviral medicines like rilpivirine, atazanavir.
- If you are on medicines that modify the immune system (methotrexate).
- If you are suffering from or suspected of stomach cancer.
- If you have a family history of stomach cancer. If you are on medications for HIV orchemotherapy like methotrexate....Read more
Side effects of Rantac Injection 2ml
- Pain, redness or swelling at the site of injection.
- Stomach pain
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rantac Injection 2ml
Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
The medicine passes into the breastmilk. Hence, medical approval is required before breastfeeding a child.
Can I drive if I have taken this medicine?
While the medicine has a negligible effect while driving, it is best to avoid doing so if you have experienced any sort of giddiness, disorientation or compromised vision.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Despite not interacting with this medicine in any manner, alcohol does increase the level of acidity in the body. Hence, it should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergies after taking this medicine or have a skin reaction after taking similar medicines.
- You have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis), your doctor may advise you to take a Vitamin D supplement while taking this medicine.
- You are taking an anti-HIV medicine such as atazanavir or painkillers such as aspirin.
- You have a Vitamin B12 deficiency as Rantac Injection can reduce the absorption of Vitamin B12 when used for a long term, inform your doctor.
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). This medicine may alter the results.
- Long-term use of this tablet can lead to diarrhoea and malabsorption. Hence, it is to be taken cautiously and as per the doctor’s advice.
- You have liver-related problems, especially in the case of increased liver enzymes, the treatment should be stopped.
- Rantac Injection is not recommended for children below the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Rantac Injection 2ml
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient in Rantac Injection is pantoprazole. This inibits the secretion of acid by binding to the receptors of the proton pump in the stomach. As a result of this, the production of acid
s in the stomach reduces, curing acidity and its associated symptoms....
Directions for Use of Rantac Injection 2ml
- The dosage and frequency of this medicine to be taken are best prescribed by the doctor.
- This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject. Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Rantac Injection 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medications for cancer and fungal infections have been known to cause reactions in the body. Therefore, proper medical clearance is required before taking Rantac Injection.
- Medication for HIV can also react with Rantac Injection and due caution must be exercised.
- There can also be reactions from medication that can cause thinning or thickening of the blood.
Interactions with food items
While there are no real dietary restrictions when taking Rantac Injection, it is important to minimise acidity-causing foods like chocolate, caffeine, tea and cola. These items tend to reduce the effe
ctiveness of the medication and delay recovery....
Storage and disposal of Rantac Injection 2ml
- Rantac Injection should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Store it in a cool, dry place.
- Do not freeze.
Dosage of Rantac Injection 2ml
As this an injectable, it is very rare that you may take an overdose. If you experience symptoms such as nausea, headache, a dry mouth, drowsiness, confusion, flushing, fast heartbeats, vomiting, abdo
minal pain or blurred vision after the injection, you may have/had an overdose. Report to the doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse im
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How is this injection administered?
A: Rantac Injection is injected by the doctor in the hip muscles or the arm.
Q: How long is the usual course of medication?
A: While the duration for which Rantac Injection is prescribed varies from person to person based on their condition, it usually starts showing its effect almost immediately.
Q: What information is important to share with the doctor before taking the medicine?
A: It is important to share all medical history, including any family history of cancer, HIV or liver-related ailments since medication for any of these has been known to react with the medicine.
Q: Will this injection make me feel sleepy?
A: No, Rantac Injection will not make you feel sleepy. It may sometimes make you feel dizzy.
Q: DoesRantac Injection cause weight gain?
A: Weight gain is not a commonly reported side-effect of Rantac Injection. In case you experience sudden weight gain, you are advised to inform your doctor about the same.
Other Products from this Brand
- Rantac 150 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Rantac 300 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Rantac Dom Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Rantac Mps Elaichi Taste Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 170 Ml Suspension
- Rantac Od 300 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Rantac 300 Mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Rantac Dom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Rantac Rd Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Rantac D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Rantac Mint Flavour Syrup 100 Ml
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 11:55 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved