Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet is an antidepressant that belongs to the class of medicines known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI). It is used to manage obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression, panic disorder, and other anxiety disorders. The main component is Paroxetine 12.5 mg. It works by inhibiting the reabsorption of serotonin (a mood-improving chemical messenger), which increases serotonin concentrations in the brain. Thus, helping with anxiety and depression. Stopping this prescription abruptly can produce withdrawal symptoms. It is best to take it exactly as prescribed by the doctor, who has access to your complete medical history. Some common side effects of Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet, which mostly fade away, are dizziness, headache, nausea, insomnia. However, seek medical advice if they bother you a lot....
|You Save||₹9.06 (6% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, generalised anxiety disorder|
|Side effects||Anxiety, confusion, constipation, flatulence, headaches, indigestion, sweating, tiredness, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Paroxetine(12.5 Mg)
Uses of Paxidep Cr 12.5 MG
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Panic disorder
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Generalised anxiety disorder
Contraindications of Paxidep Cr 12.5 MG
- If you are allergic to any constituents of Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet.
- If you are already taking Monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
Side effects of Paxidep Cr 12.5 MG
- Decreased appetite
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Dry mouth
- Muscle stiffness
Precautions and Warnings of Paxidep Cr 12.5 MG
Can I take Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid consuming Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet during pregnancy because it may endanger the foetus. Consult your doctor before starting Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet in pregnancy.
Can I take Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
If you are nursing, talk to a physician before using Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet, as there might be the risk of it passing in the breast milk.
Can I drive if I have taken the Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet?
Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet may induce confusion, dizziness, tiredness, and impaired vision, so avoid driving and operating machinery while taking Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet?
The adverse reactions of Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet, including drowsiness, dizziness, and concentration difficulties, can be exacerbated by alcohol. Some individuals may also have difficulty thinking and making decisions. While taking Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet, you need to minimise or avoid your alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any of these issues: epilepsy, glaucoma, diabetes, mania, low sodium concentration in the blood, and are receiving electro-convulsive treatment for chronic depression, speak to your physician before using Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet....
- You have chronic liver disease. Dosage adjustments may be necessary.
- You have a chronic kidney disease or you have renal impairment. Dose adjustments may be necessary.
- You're thinking of hurting or killing yourself. Behaviour should be closely monitored in patients using Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet.
- You have stomach issues or diarrhoea. To prevent dehydration, drink plenty of water. Without consulting a physician, refrain from consuming any diarrhoea medication.
- Because the efficacy and safety of Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet have still not been confirmed, it is not advised for children under the age of 18.
Mode of Action of Paxidep Cr 12.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet raises serotonin levels in the brain, a chemical messenger that works by blocking serotonin reuptake (reabsorption) within the brain. It helps regulate mood by increasing serotonin levels within the nerve synapse. This helps with physical and cognitive symptoms of depression and anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and panic disorder....
Directions for Use of Paxidep Cr 12.5 MG
- To avoid stomach discomfort, consume Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet with meals early in the morning.
- Stick to basic meals and take this prescription with or immediately after meals.
- Depending on your clinical condition and responsiveness to therapy, your physician will determine how long you should consume Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet.
- Take the pill with the water and swallow everything at once.
- The medicine should not be crushed or chewed.
Interactions of Paxidep Cr 12.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Interactions with food items
- Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet should not be taken with St. John's wort.
Storage and disposal of Paxidep Cr 12.5 MG
Paxidep CR 12.5 mg Tablets must be stored in a dry, cool environment, away from sun heat, and at temperatures ranging from 15°C-30°C. Keep at room temperature inside a tight container. Keep this medication out of reach of children and pets. It should not be flushed down the toilet....
Dosage of Paxidep Cr 12.5 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet may include agitation, convulsions, drowsiness, dilated pupils, hallucinations, nausea, sinus tachycardia, or vomiting. Immediately seek medical attention in case of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
As early as you recall, administer the missed dosage. The missed dosage should be skipped when the next planned dosage is less than four hours away.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I discontinue taking Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet as soon as I feel better?
A: Do not stop using Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet without visiting your physician since withdrawal symptoms may occur. If you have any problems when using Paxidep Cr12.5mg Tablet, immediately tell your physician; the dosage may be gradually reduced.
Q: Is Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet addictive?
A: Yes. Paxidep Cr 12.5mg Tablet may be addictive and may cause withdrawal symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, and sleeplessness. Stop consuming this medication only if your physician asks you to.
Q: My problems seem to have gotten worse since I started using the Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet. Is it possible for me to discontinue it on my own or should I see a physician?
A: No, you should not immediately discontinue taking Paxidep Cr12.5mg Tablet without consulting the physician. This is the common side effect of Paxidep CR 12.5mg Tablet, patients may notice that their symptoms get intensified at first, but the advantages begin to surface following a couple of weeks. If the deterioration persists following 1-2 weeks, people should seek medical advice.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from:
- Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J) [Internet]. 2004 [cited 2022 Feb 13];80(5 Suppl):S189-98. Available from:
- Revised: 06/2013 Highlights Of Prescribing Information [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.