Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
30ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Monocef-O 50 Oral suspension is an antibiotic used to treat certain bacterial infections of the nose, throat, lungs, ears, urinary tract, stomach and reproductive tract. It contains cefpodoxime as its
active ingredient that belongs to a class of antibiotics called cephalosporins. This medicine is designed for children's use only. It should be for children below 12-years of age and infants above 3-months of age. Give this suspension as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Do not miss any dose of this antibiotic medicine. Do not abruptly stop the medication as it may result in an increased risk of reinfection. Inform your doctor about all the health conditions and medicines you take before giving this medicine....
Uses of Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
It is used to treat certain bacterial infections that are caused by various types of susceptible microorganisms of the throat, ears, tonsils, airways, lungs, etc.
Contraindications of Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
- If your child is allergic to this medicine or any other antibiotic medicine.
- If your child has any pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney disease, bowel problem, etc.
Side effects of Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
- Dry mouth
- an upset stomach
- Joint and muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child is allergic to any of the medicine or ingredients.
- Your child experienced watery diarrhoea that lasted for more than 2 days, after the use of Monocef O suspension earlier.
- You do not feel any improvement in your child's condition.
Mode of Action of Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic that inhibits the formation of the bacterial cell wall resulting in bacterial death.
Directions for Use of Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
- Take this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Monocef-O 50 Oral suspension works or Monocef-O 50 Oral suspension itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particularly if you are taking antacids, medicines to treat high blood pressure, water pills, anti-gout medicines like probenecid, medicines for ulcers, etc.
Storage and disposal of Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
- Keep the medicine at room temperature, tightly closed and away from heat or sunlight.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of any medicine that has passed its expiry date.
Dosage of Monocef O 50mg Oral Suspension 30ml
If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed giving any dose of Monocef-O, then give it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can this medicine be used against viral infections?
A: This medicine is ineffective against viruses. If incorrectly used, it will lead to the development of antibiotic resistance.
Q: What should I inform my doctor before taking this medicine?
A: Give a detailed account of your current and past medical history, along with all the medicines that you take. Inform your doctor about any herbal medicines or nutritional supplements that you may be taking.
Q: Is there any side effect of this medicine?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment. However, if your child has diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It could be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: Is it safe to take a vaccine while on this medicine?
A: The medicine can reduce the effectiveness of live or weakened vaccines like typhoid, hence it is best to inform your doctor before taking any vaccination.
Q: Does this medicine cause sleepiness?
A: No, this medicine will not cause sleepiness.
Q: Should I take Monocef-O 50 Oral suspension with or without food?
A: Monocef-O 50 Oral suspension can be taken with or without food as recommended by your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 14 Jul 2021 | 10:54 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved