Lomotil Strip Of 20 Tablets
Lomotil Strip Of 20 Tablets Description
Lomotil Tablets are used to manage diarrhoea. It is composed of diphenoxylate and atropine. It is also used in the treatment of symptoms of stomach pain, loose stools, cramps, etc. Lomotil Tablet
is taken without food. The dosage you are prescribed will rely upon your condition and how you react to the medication. If you stop treatment too soon, your side effects might return, and your condition might decline. The most widely recognised side effects of Lomotil Tablet are sickness, obstruction, nausea, constipation, stomach pain, dryness in the mouth, obscured vision, migraine, flu-like symptoms, weakness, and difficulty in urination. The majority of these are transitory and usually resolve with time. Some of the lifestyle adjustments like having a fibre-rich eating regimen, staying away from food sources that trigger constipation or other symptoms, increasing liquid admission, and standard exercise can assist you with improving outcomes.
Uses of Lomotil Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Lomotil Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of diarrhoea
Contraindications of Lomotil Strip Of 20 Tablets
- If you have a known allergy to Lomotil Tablet or its ingredients.
- If you consume alcohol regularly.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have kidney disease (because of decreased metabolism).
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a respiratory disease.
- If you have cardiovascular instability.
- If you have a history of substance abuse or dependence (Lomotil may predispose to habituation and
Side effects of Lomotil Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dryness in mouth
- Obscured vision
- Flu-like symptoms
- Difficulty in urination
Precautions and Warnings of Lomotil Strip Of 20 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergic reactions after taking Lomotil Tablets.
- Your condition does not improve or becomes worse after taking Lomotil Tablets.
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to conceive, or taking birth control pills.
- You want to stop the medication.
- Inform your doctor about your past and ongoing medical history. Some diseases/conditions can make you more susceptible to the side effects or intensify them.
- Lomotil Tablets are not suitable for children. It should not be administered without medical consultation.
Mode of Action of Lomotil Strip Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lomotil Strip Of 20 Tablets
- You should take Lomotil Tablets in the same dose and duration directed by the doctor.
- Lomotil Tablets should be swallowed as a whole with water.
- It should not be chewed or crushed. Do not break the tablet.
- You can take Lomotil Tablets without food.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, you should take it at a fixed time daily. Avoid missing a dose.
- Even after the resolution of the symptoms, do not skip any dose.
- Sudden discontinuation of this medicine can result in treatment failure or the development of withdrawal symptoms, which can lead to serious health issues.
Interactions of Lomotil Strip Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor about any remaining prescriptions you are taking, as some might influence or be impacted by this medication.
- Seek medical advice before taking Lomotil Tablets with opioids. Opioids have additive effects and lead to respiratory depression, sedation, coma, and death.
- If you are taking Lomotil Tablets with painkillers, anti-allergic, sedatives, you may observe serious increased CNS depression effects.
Interactions with food items
- No information regarding the interaction of food with Lomotil Tablets is available.