Linid Iv Inj 300ml
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
300ml Infusion in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Linid Iv Inj 300ml includes linezolid which is an oxazolidinone antibiotic that stops the growth of certain infection-causing bacteria.
Uses of Linid Iv Inj 300ml
- Skin infections
- Bacterial infections
Contraindications of Linid Iv Inj 300ml
- Allergic to linezolid
- Taking medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) (phenelzine, isocarboxazid, selegiline, moclobemide), or have taken them within the last two weeks
- Kidney or liver disease
- Adrenal gland tumor
- Weak immune system
- Have a history of high blood pressure
- Epilepsy or a history of fits
- Thyroid disorder
- Psychiatric disorders (mental illness)
Side effects of Linid Iv Inj 300ml
- Common side effects of Linid Iv Inj 300ml include nausea, vomiting, stomach ache, bloody or watery diarrhoea, vaginal itching or discharge, constipation, headache and dizziness, skin rash and itching
- Serious side effects include allergy – facial swelling, difficulty breathing; vision disturbances – blurred vision, change in colour vision; bleeding from nose, mouth etc.; easy bruising; anemia; and fits (uncommon)read less
Precautions and Warnings of Linid Iv Inj 300ml
Can I take Linid Iv Inj 300ml during pregnancy?
There is not sufficient scientific data to rule out the risks of taking this medicine during pregnancy. Inform your physician about your pregnancy or in case you are planning to get pregnant.
Can I take Linid Iv Inj 300ml while breastfeeding?
Linezolid can pass into the breastmilk and affect the baby. Avoid taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Linid Iv Inj 300ml?
Avoid driving in case you experience vision disturbance or dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Linid Iv Inj 300ml?
Alcohol consumption can lead to raised blood pressure, especially through draught beers and wine. Avoid usage of alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Inform your phyisician immediately in case you experience visual disturbances such as blurred vision, difficulty in seeing detail, changes in colour vision, or restriction in field of vision, if you develop bloody or watery diarrhoea while taking this medicine. Stop taking linezolid immediately in such scenarios. Do not take linezolid if you bruise and bleed easily, if you are anaemic, if you have liver or kidney problems, a past history of fits, or are undergoing dialysis.
Mode of Action of Linid Iv Inj 300ml
How Does It Work?
Linezolid kills bacteria to control the infections.
Directions for Use of Linid Iv Inj 300ml
- This medicine is given by injection intravenously, usually every 12 hours
- Take this medicine as instructed by your physician
- Before use, check for visible particles or discolouration in the medicine
- Do not use the medicine if it contains foreign particles
- Discard the medicine by consulting with your physician
- Follow dietary restrictions advised by your physician
- Take the medicine at the same time daily
Interactions of Linid Iv Inj 300ml
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are on monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like phenelzine, isocarboxazid, selegiline, moclobemide or have taken these medicines to treat depression or Parkinson's disease in the last two weeks, inform your physician before starting linezolidread less
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are on glaucoma medicines, medicines that raise blood pressure like levodopa, diet pills, stimulants, medicines for ADHD, cough or cold medicines (pseudoephedrine or phenylpropanolamine), Rifampicin, and certain tricyclic antidepressants or SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors), which include amitriptyline, citalopram, clomipramine, dosulepin, doxepin, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, imipramine, lofepramine, paroxetine, sertralineread less
Interactions with food items
Linezolid may interact with tyramine present in food and increase your blood pressure. Avoid tyramine-containing foods like cheese, air-dried meat, soya bean extracts like soy sauce and yeast extracts.
Other general Interactions
Do not take Linid Iv Inj 300ml if you have colitis, bone marrow suppression, acidosis, carcinoid syndrome, hemodialysis, hypertension, hypoglycemia, liver disease, MAOI activity, neuropathy, renal dysfunction, or seizures.
Storage and disposal of Linid Iv Inj 300ml
Store the medicine at room temperature, away from sunlight, heat and moisture. Keep it in the vial it came in.
Dosage of Linid Iv Inj 300ml
Seek emergency medical care immediately in case of an overdose. Symptoms of overdose of include bleeding from mouth, nose, easy bruising, and vertigo and can be fatal.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. Keep a gap of 12 hours between each injection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should and how I take Linid Iv Inj 300ml?
A: Take the injection as advised by your physician. Do not take any extra dose as an overdose of this medicine can lead to serious problems. Complete the full course as instructed. Do not stop the dosage of Linid Iv Inj 300ml in between even if you feel better.
Q: Do I need to inform my physician before starting Linid Iv Inj 300ml?
A: Yes, discuss your detailed medical and surgical history with your physician. Inform your physician if you suffer from any liver or kidney disease, adrenal gland tumour, weak immune system, epilepsy or history of seizures or stroke, high blood pressure, mental illnesses, diabetes or bone marrow suppression.
Q: Can I take Linid Iv Inj 300ml with other medicines?
A: Consult your physician before taking any medicine since linezolid interacts with various medicines.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved