Inspiral 20mg Tab
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Inspiral is used for the management of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Inspiral contains methylphenidate as an active ingredient. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often begins in childhood and can continue into adulthood. It is characterised by low self-esteem, difficulty with relationships and learning problems at school or work, restlessness, and lack of concentration. Prior to initiating therapy, the doctor will carry out an extensive evaluation. It is important to provide accurate and maximum information as much as possible. This will help the doctor decide if Inspiral is the right medication for you as some problems could be worsened by using therapy with Inspiral if not correctly diagnosed. After about a month of undergoing therapy with Inspiral, if you do not feel better then discuss this with your doctor. Dose changes including changing treatment may be needed. Inspiral does not need to be taken forever. A short break from the treatment will show if further treatment is required. Improper use of the medication could cause dependence issues. Sudden discontinuation of the medicine can cause a return of symptoms or cause unwanted side effects such as depression. A gradual tapering of the dose is recommended before stopping it to prevent this....
|You Save||₹35.77 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Treatment of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) young people (ages 6 and 18)|
|Side effects||Irregular heartbeats and palpitations, aggression, agitation, and anxiety, headache, fever, sleepiness, reduced appetite, uncontrolled movements|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER|
Check more medicines with composition as Methylphenidate(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Inspiral 20 MG
- Treatment of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) young people (ages 6 and 18)
Contraindications of Inspiral 20 MG
- If you are allergic to methylphenidate or other substances used in the product
- If you have any thyroid issues
- If you have eye problems (glaucoma)
- If you have a growth (tumour of the adrenal gland or pheochromocytoma)
- If you have an eating disorder (anorexia nervosa)
- If you have very high blood pressure, or have been diagnosed with narrowing of the blood vessels
- If you have any heart problems such as a heart attack, uneven heartbeat, heart failure, heart disease, born with a heart condition, chest pain
- If you have had any issues with the blood vessels in your brain such as a stroke, swelling and weakening of the blood vessel (aneurysm), narrowing or blockage of blood vessels, or inflammation of the blood vessels (vasculitis)...
- If you are taking or have taken an antidepressant medications
- If you have any mental health issues such as ‘psychopathic’ or ‘borderline personality’ problem( identity problems, self-harm, negative relationships), a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally called ‘schizophrenia’, severe mood problems, suicidal behavior, severe depression...
Side effects of Inspiral 20 MG
- Irregular heartbeats and palpitations.
- Aggression, agitation, anxiety.
- Reduced appetite
- Uncontrolled movements.
Precautions and Warnings of Inspiral 20 MG
Can I take Inspiral during pregnancy?
In case you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant then consult your doctor prior to starting treatment with Inspiral and let your doctor make the decision whether the medicine should be taken by you.
Can I take Inspiral while breastfeeding?
Inspiral may be passed into the breast milk. Hence, consult your doctor to decide whether you need to take Inspiral while breastfeeding or not.
Can I drive if I have taken Inspiral?
Inspiral may cause dizziness, drowsiness, decreased alertness, difficulty with eyesight causing blurry vision or double vision. In case you are having any of these symptoms then it is recommended to avoid driving till the effects wear off.
Can I consume alcohol with the Inspiral?
Alcohol should not be consumed while using Inspiral including all dietary and medicinal preparations which may contain alcohol. This is because alcohol can possibly worsen the side effects of the medication.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Have had any abnormal brain scans (EEG)
- You are a female and are having your periods
- You have a history of prior substance addiction including alcohol
- You suffer from uncontrollable movement of any body parts or have a tendency for repetitive words or sound production
- You are scheduled for a drug testing (anti-doping testing) including testing for sports, Inspiral may give a false positive result
Mode of Action of Inspiral 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Inspiral contains methylphenidate. This works by improving the activity of certain areas of the brain which may be underactive. It can help improve attention span, improve ability to focus, and decrease impulsiveness....
Directions for Use of Inspiral 20 MG
- Take Inspiral exactly as prescribed by your doctor
- Double check all instructions if any doubt
- Treatment is usually started at a low dose and increased as needed
- Do not crush or chew the tablet. Consume the tablet as whole with water. Use the score line to break the tablet if you are unable to swallow it whole
- Take this medication on a regular schedule preferably at the same time every day
- Taking Inspiral with food may alleviate stomach ache, or nausea or vomiting.
Interactions of Inspiral 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat depression such as (amitriptyline, clomipramine, selectcitalopram, or fluoxetine).
- Medications used to treat acute mental health issues (amisulpride, risperidone, lithium, or haloperidol)
- Antiparkinson medications (DOPA)
- Anticonvulsant medicines to treat epilepsy (phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone)
- Blood pressure medications (clonidine)
- Certain cough and cold medications which may affect blood pressure
- Blood thinning medications used to prevent formation of blood clots (coumarin or warfarin)
Storage and disposal of Inspiral 20 MG
Store the medication in a cool place at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children. Inspiral should not be used after the expiry date stated on the pack. Medicine should not be disposed of in water or as part of household waste. Use an environment friendly method to dispose of medicines no longer necessary....
Dosage of Inspiral 20 MG
Overdose symptoms could include nausea, vomiting, trembling, severe twitching of body parts, fits, elation, confusion, experiencing unreal things (hallucinations) etc. if possible carry the remaining medication with you and let your doctor know how much you may have consumed. In the event of an overdose contact your doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, simply skip it and wait for the next one. Never take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Inspiral be used to treat children?
A: Yes, it can be used to treat children between the ages of 6 and 18. Inspiral is not recommended for treatment of children below the age of 6 as the safe of use and the benefit provided by this medication in this age group is not known.
Q: Can Inspiral cause painful erections in boys?
A: Yes, boys may experience painful and prolonged erections during the course of treatment with Inspiral. It may occur unexpectedly at any time. If it lasts for more than 2 hours then contact your doctor immediately, especially if painful.
Q: Can I undergo surgery while taking Inspiral?
A: Inspiral should not be used on the day of the operation as there could be a sudden increase in blood pressure during the surgery if used concomitantly with a specific type of anaesthetic. Please inform your doctor prior to surgery.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.