Inspiral 20mg Tablets
Inspiral 20 MG Description
Inspiral is used for the management of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Inspiral contains methylphenidate as an active ingredient. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often begin
s in childhood and can continue into adulthood. It is characterised by low self-esteem, difficulty with relationships and learning problems at school or work, restlessness, and lack of concentration. Prior to initiating therapy, the doctor will carry out an extensive evaluation. It is important to provide accurate and maximum information as much as possible. This will help the doctor decide if Inspiral is the right medication for you as some problems could be worsened by using therapy with Inspiral if not correctly diagnosed. After about a month of undergoing therapy with Inspiral, if you do not feel better then discuss this with your doctor. Dose changes including changing treatment may be needed. Inspiral does not need to be taken forever. A short break from the treatment will show if further treatment is required. Improper use of the medication could cause dependence issues. Sudden discontinuation of the medicine can cause a return of symptoms or cause unwanted side effects such as depression. A gradual tapering of the dose is recommended before stopping it to prevent this.
|₹27.82 (14% on MRP)
|Treatment of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) young people (ages 6 and 18)
|Irregular heartbeats and palpitations, aggression, agitation, and anxiety, headache, fever, sleepiness, reduced appetite, uncontrolled movements
|DRUGS FOR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER
Uses of Inspiral 20 MG
- Treatment of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) young people (ages 6 and 18)
Contraindications of Inspiral 20 MG
- If you are allergic to methylphenidate or other substances used in the product
- If you have any thyroid issues
- If you have eye problems (glaucoma)
- If you have a growth (tumour of the adrenal gland or pheochromocytoma)
- If you have an eating disorder (anorexia nervosa)
- If you have very high blood pressure, or have been diagnosed with narrowing of the blood vessels
- If you have any heart problems such as a heart attack, uneven heartbeat, heart failure, heart disease, born with a heart condition, chest pain
- If you have had any issues with the blood vessels in your brain such as a stroke, swelling and weakening of the blood vessel (aneurysm), narrowing or blockage of blood vessels, or inflammation of the blood vessels (vasculitis)...
- If you are taking or have taken an antidepressant medications
- If you have any mental health issues such as ‘psychopathic’ or ‘borderline personality’ problem( identity problems, self-harm, negative relationships), a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally called ‘schizophrenia’, severe mood problems, suicidal behavior, severe depression...
Side effects of Inspiral 20 MG
- Irregular heartbeats and palpitations.
- Aggression, agitation, anxiety.
- Reduced appetite
- Uncontrolled movements.
Precautions and Warnings of Inspiral 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- Have had any abnormal brain scans (EEG)
- You are a female and are having your periods
- You have a history of prior substance addiction including alcohol
- You suffer from uncontrollable movement of any body parts or have a tendency for repetitive words or sound production
- You are scheduled for a drug testing (anti-doping testing) including testing for sports, Inspiral may give a false positive result
Mode of Action of Inspiral 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Inspiral 20 MG
- Take Inspiral exactly as prescribed by your doctor
- Double check all instructions if any doubt
- Treatment is usually started at a low dose and increased as needed
- Do not crush or chew the tablet. Consume the tablet as whole with water. Use the score line to break the tablet if you are unable to swallow it whole
- Take this medication on a regular schedule preferably at the same time every day
- Taking Inspiral with food may alleviate stomach ache, or nausea or vomiting.
Interactions of Inspiral 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat depression such as (amitriptyline, clomipramine, selectcitalopram, or fluoxetine).
- Medications used to treat acute mental health issues (amisulpride, risperidone, lithium, or haloperidol)
- Antiparkinson medications (DOPA)
- Anticonvulsant medicines to treat epilepsy (phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone)
- Blood pressure medications (clonidine)
- Certain cough and cold medications which may affect blood pressure
- Blood thinning medications used to prevent formation of blood clots (coumarin or warfarin)