Indocap Sr 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Indocap Sr 75 MG Description
Indocap SR capsule is a painkiller medicine. It is used for the treatment of different forms of arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, strain, sprain, sports injury and other musculoskeletal pain. Indocap SR contains indomethacin, which is an anti-inflammatory medicine.
Indocap SR helps in providing relief from pain, swelling and inflammation in bones, joints and muscles. It improves swelling, pain, stiffness and difficulty in movement. Indocap SR should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take it with or after meals to avoid stomach upset.
Microcid SR 75 and Inmecin R 75 also contain indomethacin. Some common side effects of this capsule are headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain, but not everyone experiences them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel they persist, you should consult your doctor.
Uses of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- For the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis
- For the treatment of Osteoarthritis
- For the treatment of Ankylosing spondylitis
- For the treatment of Degenerative joint disease
- For the treatment of Gout and lumbago
- For the treatment of pain after orthopaedic surgeries
Contraindications of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- If you are allergic to Indometacin or any other ingredient of Indocap SR.
- If you have experienced asthma, runny nose, swelling and rashes on your skin after using any painkiller.
- If you have ulcers or a history of frequent ulcers or bleeding in the stomach after using painkillers.
- If you have serious heart, kidney or liver-related disorder.
- If you have nasal polyps.
- If you are in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Indocap Sr 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are using other painkillers containing paracetamol.
- You have high blood pressure or related heart disorder.
- You have kidney and blood-related issues.
- You have an existing infection or asthma.
- You are using this medicine for a prolonged period.
- You have any eye-related disorders or experience eye-related issues.
- You have Rheumatoid disease characterised by severe pain in the joints If you are an elderly patient.
- You have ulcers in the digestive system.
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus characterised by severe weakness.
Directions for Use of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- Indocap SR 75 capsules should be swallowed whole with plenty of fluid
- They should be taken with or after food
Storage and disposal of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- Store Indocap SR capsules at room temperature away from light.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- Indocap SR 75mg capsule is a painkiller medicine. It is used to treat various forms of arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, strains, sprains, sports injuries, and other musculoskeletal pain.
- This medicine should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor.
- Do not take more or less than the recommended dose.
- Indocap Sr 75 should not be used by a pregnant woman because it may affect the fetus adversely.
- Inform your doctor if you are planning on becoming pregnant, and it is not recommended for breastfeeding women.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during treatment with Indocap Sr 75mg capsule.
- Headache, stomach discomfort, diarrhoea, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this capsule. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking Indocap SR capsule, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking these capsules.
Dosage of Indocap Sr 75 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Indocap Sr 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Indocap Sr 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of other painkillers such as aspirin with Indocap SR capsule can increase the risk of side effects.
- The effect of Indocap SR capsule can be reduced when used with antacids.
- Indocap SR if taken along with warfarin may be increased and the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used for brain disorders such as Fluoxetine and Citalopram can increase the risk of bleeding with Indocap SR.
- Blood glucose lowering action of anti-diabetics like Glimepiride, and Glyburide is increased if taken along with Indocap SR.
- Anti-coagulants like Aspirin, Clopidogrel if taken along with this capsule can increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestine.
- Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure, when used together with this medicine can worsen the condition of the heart.
- Steroidal medicines like corticosteroids such as Betamethasone and Prednisone increased the risk of bleeding and ulcer formation when taken together with this medicine.
- Medicine used for High blood pressure like Enalapril, Quinapril, Losartan and Telmisartan when used together with this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- Mifepristone should not be used with this medicine as the effect of mifepristone may be decreased.
- Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, and levofloxacin can increase the risk of fits when used together with Indocap.
- Tacrolimus a medicine given after transplantation surgeries to prevent organ rejections, when given with this medicine can increase the risk of kidney-related issues.
- Other medicines like certain antibiotics, antivirals, antigout, medicines used for related brain disorders, muscle relaxants, anticancer and immunomodulators may interfere with the action of Indocap SR or increase the risk of toxicity or some complications. Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Indocap SR capsule to children?
Q: Can I give Indocap SR capsule to an elderly person?
Q: What is the use of Indocap SR capsules?
Q: Can I take paracetamol with Indocap SR capsule?
Q: Is Indocap SR capsule a painkiller?
Q: Is Indocap SR capsule for ankylosing spondylitis?
Q: Does Indocap SR capsule cause headache?
Q: Will Indocap SR capsule help treat a toothache?
Q: Is Indocap SR a steroid?
Q: How long do I need to take Indocap SR capsule before I see improvement in my conditions?
Q: How long we can take the Indocap SR?
Q: What is the composition of Indocap SR?
- Indomethacin Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Indomethacin Capsules, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Indometacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Indomethacin Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]