Indocap Sr 75mg Cap
By JAGSONPAL PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Indocap SR capsule is a painkiller medicine. It is used for the treatment of different forms of arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, strain, sprain, sports injury and other musculoskeletal pain. Indocap SR contains indomethacin which is an anti-inflammatory medicine. It helps in providing relief from pain, swelling and inflammation in bones, joints and muscles. Indocap SR improves swelling, pain, stiffness and difficulty in movement. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take Indocap SR with or after meals to avoid stomach upset. Some common side effects of the Indocap SR capsule tablet are headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor....
|You Save||₹22.50 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Indometacin / Indomethacin(75.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomting, headache, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Indometacin / Indomethacin(75.0 Mg)
Uses of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- For the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis
- For the treatment of Osteoarthritis
- For the treatment of Ankylosing spondylitis
- For the treatment of Degenerative joint disease
- For the treatment of Gout and lumbago
- For the treatment of pain after orthopaedic surgeries
Contraindications of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- If you are allergic to Indometacin or any other ingredient of Indocap SR.
- If you have experienced asthma, running nose, swelling and rashes on skin after using any pain killer.
- If you have ulcers or a history of frequent ulcers or bleeding in the stomach after using pain killer.
- If you have serious heart, kidney or liver-related disorder.
- If you have small non-cancerous outgrowth in the nose known as nasal polyps.
- If you are in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Indocap Sr 75 MG
Can I take Indocap SR capsule during pregnancy?
Indocap SR capsule should not be used during pregnancy especially during 3rd trimester. You should avoid taking any self-medication during pregnancy. Talk to your doctor before taking any medicine.
Can I take Indocap SR capsule while breastfeeding?
Indocap SR capsule contains Indomethacin which passess into breastmilk. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Indocap SR capsule?
Indocap SR tends to cause drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances which may affect the ability to drive. Hence, it is not advisable to drive after using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Indocap SR capsule?
No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol with Indocap as it increases the risk of liver disorder and other unwanted effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using other pain killers containing paracetamol.
- You have high blood pressure or related heart disorder.
- You have kidney and blood-related issues.
- You have an existing infection or asthma.
- You are using this medicine for a prolonged period.
- You have any eye-related disorders or experience eye-related issues.
- You have Rheumatoid disease characterised by severe pain in the joints If you are an elderly patient.
- You have ulcers in the digestive system.
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus characterised by severe weakness.
Mode of Action of Indocap Sr 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Indometacin present in Indocap SR is an anti-inflammatory medicine. It reduces pain by inhibiting the formation of a chemical substance known as prostaglandins which are responsible for pain, swelling and inflammation....
Directions for Use of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- Indocap SR 75 capsules should be swallowed whole with plenty of fluid
- They should be taken with or after food
Interactions of Indocap Sr 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of other painkillers such as aspirin with Indocap SR capsule can increase the risk of side effects.
- Effect of Indocap SR capsule can be reduced when used with antacids.
- Indocap SR if taken along with warfarin may be increased and the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used for brain disorders such as Fluoxetine and Citalopram can increase the risk of bleeding with Indocap SR.
- Blood glucose lowering action of anti-diabetics like Glimepiride, Glyburide is increased if taken along with Indocap SR.
- Anti-coagulants like Aspirin, Clopidogrel if taken along with this capsule can increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestine.
- Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure, when used together with this medicine can worsen the condition of heart.
- Steroidal medicines like corticosteroids such as Betamethasone and Prednisone increased risk of bleeding and ulcer formation when taken together with this medicine.
- Medicine used for High blood pressure like Enalapril, Quinapril, Losartan and Telmisartan when used together with this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- Mifepristone should not be used with this medicine as the effect of mifepristone may be decreased.
- Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin can increase the risk of fits when used together with Indocap.
- Tacrolimus a medicine given after transplantation surgeries to prevent organ rejections, when given with this medicine can increase the risk of kidney-related issues.
- Other medicines like certain antibiotics, antiviral, antigout, medicines used for related brain disorders, muscle relaxants, anticancer and immunomodulators may interfere with the action of Indocap SR or increase the risk of toxicity or some complications. Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines....
Storage and disposal of Indocap Sr 75 MG
- Store Indocap SR capsules at room temperature away from light.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Indocap Sr 75 MG
Overdose of Indocap SR capsule can cause Indometacin toxicity which is characterised by severe vomiting, headache, drowsiness, ringing in the ear and stomach pain may be noticed. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Indocap SR capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Indocap SR capsule to children?
A: No, Indocap SR capsule should not be given to children as there is very limited data on the safety of this medicine when used by children.
Q: Can I give Indocap SR capsule to an elderly person?
A: Yes, Indocap SR capsule can be used by elderly patients. However, they should be used only after consulting a doctor and with a lot of precautions as elderly patients are at a higher risk of side effects.
Q: What is the use of Indocap SR capsules?
A: Indocap SR capsule is used for the treatment of pain, swelling, inflammation associated with various conditions of muscle, joint and bones.
Q: Can I take paracetamol with Indocap SR capsule?
A: No, you should not use any other pain killer while using Indocap SR capsule as this increases the risk of side effects.
Q: Is Indocap SR capsule a painkiller?
A: Yes, it has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. However, it should only be used if prescribed by a doctor for specific medical conditions.
Q: Is Indocap SR capsule for ankylosing spondylitis?
A: Yes, it is used for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis. Indocap SR capsule helps in relieving pain and stiffness in your spine due to this condition.
Q: Does Indocap SR capsule cause headache?
A: Yes, Indocap SR capsule may cause headaches as a side effect. Talk to your doctor if your headache worsens after taking this medicine.
Q: Will Indocap SR capsule help treat a toothache?
A: Yes, Indocap SR capsule may be used to treat toothache. However, it is advised to talk to your doctor or dentist before self-medicating yourself.
Q: Is Indocap SR a steroid?
A: No, it is not a steroid medicine. It is a pain reliver medicine used to provide relief from various painful conditions associated with inflammation.
Q: How long do I need to take Indocap SR capsule before I see improvement in my conditions?
A: It may take few days to several months to see effects, depending upon the severity of the condition.
Q: How long we can take the Indocap SR?
A: You should take the Indocap SR for as long as a doctor has told you. The doctor will prescribe you the medicine daily for a specific duration depending upon the medical condition. Do not take it endlessly on your own without consulting a doctor.
Q: What is the composition of Indocap SR?
A: The composition of Indocap SR is indomethacin which is an anti-inflammatory medicine. It helps in providing relief from pain, swelling and inflammation in bones, joints and muscles.
- Indomethacin Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Indomethacin Capsules, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Indometacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Indomethacin Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.