Haem Up Ampoule Of 5ml Injection
By ZYDUS HEALTHCARE LIMITED
5ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Haem Up 20 MG/ML Description
Haem Up Injection is a medication used for iron deficiency. It contains iron sucrose. It is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia. Iron is used to create new red blood cells for circulatin
g oxygen around the body.
|You Save||₹50.13 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Elemental Iron(20.0 Mg/Ml)|
|Uses||Iron deficiency anaemia, Kidney disease|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, constipation, headache, nausea, muscle cramps, joint pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Elemental Iron(20.0 Mg/Ml)
3 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Haem Up Ampoule Of 5ml Injection
- Imax S 100mg Ampoule Of 5ml InjectionBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 242.16₹ 205.8427.53% CHEAPER₹ 41.17/Millilitre
- Rubired S 5 Ampoule Of 5ml InjectionBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals5ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 278.89₹ 278.891.81% CHEAPER₹ 55.78/Millilitre
- Rbfix Ampoule Of 5ml InjectionBy Biokindle Lifesciences Pvt Ltd5ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 249.00₹ 211.6525.49% CHEAPER₹ 42.33/Millilitre
Uses of Haem Up 20 MG/ML
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Kidney disease patients where oral iron therapy is not helping
- Active inflammatory bowel disease where oral iron therapy is not helping
- Patients who are unable to tolerate oral iron therapy
Contraindications of Haem Up 20 MG/ML
- Allergy to iron
- Peptic ulcer
- Liver disease
- Anaemia not caused by iron deficiency
Side effects of Haem Up 20 MG/ML
- Muscle cramp
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Haem Up 20 MG/ML
Can you take Haem Up Injection during pregnancy?
Haem Up Injection should only be administered during pregnancy if necessary. Discuss with your doctor regarding the same as safety is not well established.
Can I take Haem Up Injection while breastfeeding?
Haem Up Injection contents may pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor regarding its safety.
Is it safe to drive after administering Haem Up Injection?
You may feel dizzy or light headed after being given Haem Up Injection. If you feel so, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Haem Up Injection?
Avoid alcohol if you have taken Haem Up Injection as it may affect the medicine's absorption rate.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience symptoms of low blood pressure like dizziness, etc.
- You have allergy to iron
- You have liver dysfunction
- You have severe lung, kidney or heart disease
Mode of Action of Haem Up 20 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Haem Up Injection is a medicine used to treat anaemia. It replenishes the iron in your body, which helps form new red blood cells and haemoglobin.
Directions for Use of Haem Up 20 MG/ML
Haem Up Injection is administered intravenously, either by slow injection or infusion, by a healthcare professional. Do not self administer.
Interactions of Haem Up 20 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Chloramphenicol decreases the production of blood cells and thus, should not be given along with iron supplements.
- Haem Up Injection may decrease the serum concentration of aspirin when combined.
- Calcium carbonate reduces the absorption of Haem Up Injection, resulting in a decrease in efficacy.
- The serum concentration of demeclocycline can be decreased when it is combined with Haem Up Injection.
- The nephrotoxic activities of Iron sucrose may be increased by Dimercaprol.
- If you consume other medications, do mention it to your physician before administering Haem Up Injection.
Storage and disposal of Haem Up 20 MG/ML
Haem Up Injection should be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight. Kepe away from pets and children.
Dosage of Haem Up 20 MG/ML
- No Haem Up Injection overdose incidents, unintentional or purposeful have been observed.
- Do seek immediate medical attention if you over dose.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Haem Up Injection, ask your physician for a new dose schedule. Do not take double doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long is Haem Up Injection administered?
A: Haem Up Injection should be administered until your haemoglobin level comes to normal. Discuss with your doctor.
Q: Can I store Haem Up Injection in a refrigerator?
A: Do not store Haem Up Injection above 25°C. Do not freeze. Store in the original package.
Q: What is the shelf life for Haem Up Injection?
A: Haem Up Injection can be stored for Upto 3 years from manufacture.
- Venofer (iron sucrose). [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 4 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/021135s032lbl.pdf
- Venofer (iron sucrose) 20 mg iron/ml solution for injection or concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5911/smpc#INTERACTIONS
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed