Fucidin Oint 15gm
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
15g Ointment in Tube
30 days return policyRead More
Fucidin Oint 15gm is used to treat bacterial infections as it is an antibiotic. The Fucidin Oint 15gm composition is a mixture of an antibiotic and steroid. It is used for topical (skin) application only.
Uses of Fucidin Oint 15gm
- Fucidin Oint 15gm for folliculitis (infection in the hair follicle) treatment is known.
- The doctor may prescribe Fucidin Oint 15gm for impetigo also. Impetigo is the presence of infectious sores on the face and occurs mostly in kids.
- Fucidin Oint 15gm can treat bacterial infections of the nails, cuts, grazes and spots.
- Sycosis barbae or barber's itch can also be treated using Fucidin Oint 15gm.
- Erythrasma (browning of skin along with scaly patches due to the bacterial infection) can be cured with the help of Fucidin Oint 15gm.
Contraindications of Fucidin Oint 15gm
You should not use the Fucidin Oint 15gm is you are known to be allergic to the cream.
Side effects of Fucidin Oint 15gm
- Irritation at the site of application
- Itching, rashes or hives
- Pain or burning sensation at the area of application
- Skin blistering, swelling, reddening and stinging sensation.
Precautions and Warnings of Fucidin Oint 15gm
Can I apply Fucidin Oint 15gm during pregnancy?
Speak to your physician about using Fucidin Oint 15gm if you are pregnant. Enough data about the contraindication of Fucidin Oint 15gm usage during pregnancy is not available.
Can I apply Fucidin Oint 15gm while breastfeeding?
Application of Fucidin Oint 15gm while breastfeeding must be done carefully. Please do not apply the ointment on your breast. If you have to apply on your breast, please make sure that it is completely cleared before you feed your baby. If you are still unsure about the usage of Fucidin Oint 15gm, please consult your doctor.
Can I drive if I have applied Fucidin Oint 15gm?
Driving can only be done if you are not feeling dizzy after applying the Fucidin Oint 15gm. This is an extremely rare side effect of applying the cream.
Can I consume alcohol with Fucidin Oint 15gm?
Enough research data about the consumption of alcohol, along with the application of Fucidin Oint 15gm is not available yet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Please remember that Fucidin Oint 15gm is only for external application.
- Be careful while applying the ointment on your face as it gets inside your mouth or eyes.
- Apply the ointment only for the prescribed time. Do not use it after the infection has been cured.
- Use only small amounts of the Fucidin Oint 15gm; a large amount of ointment is not recommended to the application.
Mode of Action of Fucidin Oint 15gm
How Does It Work?
Fucidin Oint 15gm uses a composition which inhibits the process of protein formation in the bacterial cell. Therefore, the bacteria are unable to grow. This finally leads to the death of bacteria, and the infection is cured.
Directions for Use of Fucidin Oint 15gm
- Before applying the cream, make sure your hands are washed clean.
- Take a little bit of the cream on your clean hand and apply on the affected area gently. Spread the cream all over the area evenly in a thin layer.
- Rewash your hands after applying the cream, so that you don't spread the infection to other areas of the body.
Interactions of Fucidin Oint 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Fucidin Oint 15gm is not known to interact with any drug or medicines yet.
Interactions with food items
- Interactions with food have not been reported or otherwise seen in case of Fucidin Oint 15gm.
Other general Interactions
Interactions with other medical conditions have not been reported or otherwise seen in case of Fucidin Oint 15gm.
Storage and disposal of Fucidin Oint 15gm
Fucidin Oint 15gm storage should be done away from the reach of children. It must not be stored in the bathroom as it needs a dry area for storage. Keep it in the dark and cool place. When disposing off the Fucidin Oint 15gm, please ask your pharmacist about it. Do not throw it along with your other household waste.
Dosage of Fucidin Oint 15gm
Overdose due to a single time excess application of Fucidin Oint 15gm is not known generally. Please make sure that the cream does not get in your eyes or mouth.
Missed a Dose
A missed application of the Fucidin Oint 15gm can be made whenever you remember. Please do not apply excess cream to compensate for the missed turn.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Fucidin Oint 15gm be used for elderly and children?
A: Fucidin Oint 15gm can be used to treat bacterial infections for everyone irrespective of age.
Q: The tube I purchased seems to be opened. Should I use it?
A: If the seal of the product you purchased is broken, please do not use it. Return the product to your pharmacist and buy another one.
Q: What information do I need to share with my healthcare provider before I start using the Fucidin Oint 15gm?
A: Inform your healthcare provider about any allergies or reactions you might have with any medication or with Fucidin Oint 15gm. Also, give a complete medical history to the doctor and let them know about any surgeries you had in the past. Tell them about any herbal or medical supplements you may be taking presently.
Q: I noticed a rash on my child's skin, and I am unsure of the type of the rash. Can I use the Fucidin Oint 15gm to treat it?
A: If you are unsure about the type of infection that caused the rash on your child's skin, please do not use the Fucidin Oint 15gm, as it is specifically meant to treat bacterial infections only.
Q: What should I do if some of the Fucidin Oint 15gm gets into my eye while applying on the face?
A: Please wash your eye immediately with some cold and clean water. An eyewash may also be used to clean the eye after washing with water. If the stinging sensation in your eye continues even after a wash, please consult a doctor immediately.
Q: How many times is it recommended to apply the Fucidin Oint 15gm in a day?
A: You can apply the cream about 2-3 times in the day. If your physician prescribes otherwise, follow their instructions.
Q: Is it okay to share the Fucidin Oint 15gm with someone else, as they are experiencing the same symptoms I am?
A: You should not share the Fucidin Oint 15gm with anyone unless their doctor has prescribed them the same product.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved