Fostera 10mg Tablets
Fostera 10mg Tablets Description
Fostera Tab is used to treat depression due to Bipolar disorder and Treatment-Resistant Depression. Bipolar disorder is a type of mental illness wherein a person experiences unorganised thoughts alon
g with extreme behaviour. Fostera tab has two main ingredients, namely Fluoxetine and Olanzapine. They help balance certain chemicals in the brain, which further helps relieve the symptoms. It has various side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, headache, constipation, and increased blood sugar. It has to be taken orally and is mostly prescribed as a long term medication. It is crucial to maintain the schedule of the dose. You should not stop taking Fostera tablet without consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹19.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fluoxetine(20.0 Mg) + Olanzapine(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Depression associated with Bipolar disorder, Treatment-Resistant Depression|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Dry Mouth, Constipation, Headache|
Uses of Fostera 10mg Tablets
- Bipolar disorder related Depression
- Treatment for Resistant Depression
Contraindications of Fostera 10mg Tablets
Side effects of Fostera 10mg Tablets
- Increased Blood Sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Fostera 10mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You should not take Fostera tablet without a doctor’s recommendation if you have any heart, visual, liver, or kidney disorders. You need to Inform the doctor if you have a family history of suicide, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, low blood pressure or high cholesterol. ...
- You should also report any unusual changes like visual disturbances, weight gain, hallucinations, uncontrolled movements, sweating, or racing heartbeat.
- You have to immediately inform the doctor, if you have suicidal thoughts.
- Be regular with the dose; Fostera cannot be stopped without a doctor's recommendation. It might take up to 4 weeks to see any changes with the medicine.
- You should not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking Fostera Tab.
- In case you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please inform the doctor about the present situation.
- It is highly important to inform the doctor if you take any medicine, vitamins or supplements regularly, even if the supplement is herbal, ayurvedic or belongs to any other category.
Mode of Action of Fostera 10mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fostera 10mg Tablets
- Fostera Tab has to be taken only with a doctor's recommendation. It is usually prescribed for a longer duration and should be taken regularly.
- The tablet can be consumed with or without food. Always try to maintain a schedule and have the medicine at the same time every day. It is usually recommended to take it once a day, in the evening.
- You should not stop taking the dose without consulting your doctor.
- The tablet has to be taken orally with water. The tablet cannot be chewed or crushed.
- In case you miss one dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the Fostera tablet if it is almost the time for the next one.
Interactions of Fostera 10mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- NSAIDs(Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like Ibuprofen Blood thinners can cause bleeding and bruising.
- Antidepressants, St. John’s Wort, and other antipsychotic medications, if taken along Fostera, can affect the absorption and elimination of each other from the body.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit juice with Fostera Tab.
Storage and disposal of Fostera 10mg Tablets
Dosage of Fostera 10mg Tablets
- Overdose can exhibit severe side effects.
- Seek immediate help in case of overdose. Rush to the hospital if you feel breathless, dizzy, have irregular heartbeat or experience seizures.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone you feel has the same symptoms. This can lead to overdose.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Suneet Monga
BDS, MDS (Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry) MMCDSR
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I feel better now after taking the Fostera for 3 months. Can I stop taking medicine?
Q: Is Fostera tab addictive or habit forming?
- Fostera Tab has not been found to exhibit any dependence. However, stick to the schedule and dosage provided by the doctor.